PDA

View Full Version : Progressing through a "playlist"?

Ikabob
2009-08-23, 00:07
Up until now I have been listening to Internet Radio only and so progressing through the playlist was not necessary. I just added my first album of songs and have found that after each song it just stops and I have to manually scroll to the next song and press play. I know that there must be a setting to allow continuous progression through the playlist....but I do not know it. Is there a way to continuously progress through the playlist? I do have the setting under "behavior" set to play other songs,but I don't think it is working. Thanks.

kidstypike
2009-08-23, 00:15
Up until now I have been listening to Internet Radio only and so progressing through the playlist was not necessary. I just added my first album of songs and have found that after each song it just stops and I have to manually scroll to the next song and press play. I know that there must be a setting to allow continuous progression through the playlist....but I do not know it. Is there a way to continuously progress through the playlist?Thanks.

SqueezeCenter > Settings > Player tab > Basic Settings > Play Other Songs In Album

Ikabob
2009-08-23, 05:45
Thank you. The Center was set on "Play Other Songs In Album " selection but I was on the SN and the SC was not online. Isn't there a way to progress through the "playlist" while on SN alone? I had the proper settings on SN,too. It is very inconvenient to try to go to sleep listening to a playlist and have to scroll>play everytime. I know I am just not getting it right now. Thanks. I'll keep experimenting.

Specifically what I did is, in SN on the Boom, I went to the MP3 locker (trial version) and selected a certain album to add to the playlist. I went back to "Now Playing" on the Boom SN and found all the tracks listed on that album. I then played the 1st track thinking that after it played then the 2nd track would automatically continue and so forth. It didn't happen. So I know I was doing something wrong. I played around with the "playlist " selections in settings( playlist disabled,playlist on,playlist off etc) and no help. I know it must progress in SN from one to the next....right?

OK! It worked! I think by going to SC and re-entering the "Play Other Songs In Album" selection did it. But, I did have that selected to begin with. So, Thanks again kidstypike.

Update: I just set up the album on the SN while at the computer. And it seemed to work on the Boom. So, I think I got it. But, I want to set up an MP3 album on the Boom alone and see if that works too....that would be the best way to set it up , rather than having to come to the computer each time to add another album. I hope it'll work from the Boom alone. We'll see. So, thanks for the reasponse Kidsypike...something must have helped.

kidstypike
2009-08-23, 07:33
Update: I just set up the album on the SN while at the computer. And it seemed to work on the Boom. So, I think I got it. But, I want to set up an MP3 album on the Boom alone and see if that works too....that would be the best way to set it up , rather than having to come to the computer each time to add another album. I hope it'll work from the Boom alone. We'll see. So, thanks for the reasponse Kidsypike...something must have helped.

I think I understand what you're asking... If you wish to set up the Boom to play a complete album, press the play button when the Album title is displayed, don't press play on an individual track.

Press the add button when the Album title is displayed to add a complete album to the end of the current playlist.