PDA

View Full Version : Multiple iTunes accts on same computer

paulremer
2009-08-23, 00:07
Hi - can anyone answer this:

My wife and I each have our own iTunes account, but on the same Windows XP computer - with two logins. When I set up my Squeezebox, I was logged in as myself, and the Box properly used my iTunes account as the input source. We'd like to have my wife's account as an alternative source. Any thoughts?

pski
2009-08-26, 10:53
Hi - can anyone answer this:

My wife and I each have our own iTunes account, but on the same Windows XP computer - with two logins. When I set up my Squeezebox, I was logged in as myself, and the Box properly used my iTunes account as the input source. We'd like to have my wife's account as an alternative source. Any thoughts?

By default iTunes takes up residence in <user>\My Music\iTunes.

You can choose which library iTunes uses by holding the shift key while starting iTunes. This will raise a dialog box that lets you "Choose library.."

I'm not sure about the "use iTunes" feature in SC, but usually you would put a shortcut in one user's music folder that points to the other user's music folder (you might have to adjust the folders security settings so user1 has access to user2's folder.)

P