PDA

View Full Version : Image viewer request

Pidsley
2009-08-21, 15:49
CAn I point the source to my pictures folders on my pc?

mherger
2009-08-24, 00:15
> CAn I point the source to my pictures folders on my pc?

I would love to see that... thousands of pictures are stored on my PC. A
3rd party plugin anyone?

--

Michael

BastiaanR
2009-08-24, 00:48
Feature request: "REQ: slideshow for pictures stored on computer/NAS"
https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13267

Sike
2009-08-24, 02:19
?!?

And watch the Pictures on what?

Is this a "Touch" thread?

autopilot
2009-08-24, 02:25
I think he means the new Image Viewer that the latest Controller firmware now has.

Mnyb
2009-08-24, 03:28
I think he means the new Image Viewer that the latest Controller firmware now has.

Yes, and if you want to speculate on touch and radio to..
Controller is a bit small. On the Touch that would make a lot of sense

I would also add a cover art picture show to it, if I had such powers.

old observer
2013-12-14, 19:34
CAn I point the source to my pictures folders on my pc?

Here is the method I discovered to access images on a Mac.

The Mac has a built in web server when you go to system preferences and activate web sharing in Sharing. It will give you the address you need to use on your network. Your personal website will be in the Sites folder in your home folder. That folder contains an Images folder where you will store your images. Make sure that sharing is enabled there so you can access it from the network. In that folder you will create an sbradio.lst file that contains the complete path to each image in the list. I used Oscars Renamer to copy all the file names to Textedit easily, then I used Find & Replace to add the pathnames in front of them.

You can run Windows programs under Wine & Wine Bottler.

If you are using a Windows box you will need to install a web server such as Apache. I haven't followed this procedure yet, so no advice.

In Squeezebox Radio go to Settings / Image Viewer / Source Specific Settings and enter the pathname to the images folder such as 'h t t p://192.168.0.300/~user/images/sbradio.lst'. You may have to restart the radio for this to take effect. Now you can start the slide show and enjoy your pictures while you're enjoying your music.

Old Observer