PDA

View Full Version : Some CLI queries and issues.

Tenchi
2009-08-19, 05:37
I'll break it down in to two areas to make it easy :)

Question:
--------------
Through CLI is it possible to change to the auxilary input of a SqueezeBoom?

Issue:
--------------
Internet Radio / Search..
I've been trying for hours to figure this one out and I'm struggling to get any form of response. Initially I thought it was:
radios 0 100 search:term goes here (which makes sense, well to me)

Then looking through the documentation I notice:
search_radio items 0 100 search:KQED
This I found didn't work (nor make sense of why the term is search_radio when the cmd for search from running radios 0 100
cmd%3Asearch weight%3A110 name%3ASearch type%3Axmlbrowser_search umm you'd think it would be search.. But thats no joy..

But at this stage just be happy to get it to work whatever the command is.

All help would be greatly appreciated! I might have a couple of other queries as I debug my code.

Kind Regards

Tenchi
2009-08-19, 22:35
I'll break it down in to two areas to make it easy :)

Then looking through the documentation I notice:
search_radio items 0 100 search:KQED
This I found didn't work (nor make sense of why the term is search_radio when the cmd for search from running radios 0 100
cmd%3Asearch weight%3A110 name%3ASearch type%3Axmlbrowser_search umm you'd think it would be search.. But thats no joy..

Ok I must have been a bit asleep search_radio refers to music service or internet radio name command.

However still stumped at how one does a search through internet radios stations.

pippin
2009-08-20, 00:54
search items 0 100 search:bla
It's in that response you get from radios:
cmd:search means, the command is called "search".
It's an XMLBrowser command, so the syntax for XMLBrowser applies
http://localhost:9000/en/html/docs/cli-api.html#XMLBrowser

Tenchi
2009-08-20, 00:56
Thats fine for search 'My Library' but doesn't work for searching Internet Radio which is my problem :(

pippin
2009-08-20, 00:56
search_radio refers to music service or internet radio name command.

No the command is in "cmd:". "search_radio" is the item type, in this case it means the "search" command needs a "search:bla" tag.

pippin
2009-08-20, 00:57
Thats fine for search 'My Library' but doesn't work for searching Internet Radio which is my problem :(

no, that would be "search 0 100 term:bla"

Tenchi
2009-08-20, 04:37
Aaah thanks Pippin I really not sure what I did wrong last night but running the query in Telnet seems to work.

Thanks heaps!