PDA

View Full Version : Netbook

Mark W
2009-08-10, 15:39
I have a desk top PC at home running squeezecenter with a Duet and a Boom. I just got a netbook (ASUS H1005) mainly for travel use and was wondering if/how I could use it to access squeezenetwork or my squeezecenter from the road. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

ChrisNY
2009-08-10, 16:52
Check here for some information:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/ConnectingRemotely

pski
2009-08-10, 18:25
I have a desk top PC at home running squeezecenter with a Duet and a Boom. I just got a netbook (ASUS H1005) mainly for travel use and was wondering if/how I could use it to access squeezenetwork or my squeezecenter from the road. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi,

The other advice is not very specific. I'll be happy to help in the next few days.

P

peterw
2009-08-10, 19:54
The other advice is not very specific. I'll be happy to help in the next few days.

If you think the wiki is not specific enough, please edit the wiki!

Mark W
2009-08-11, 16:53
Thanks you guys. I mainly want to just listen to Squeezenetwork remotely from the netbook, so I'll review the Wiki and see if it makes sense to me.

aubuti
2009-08-11, 21:45
For Squeezenetwork (SN) the simplest thing is to install SoftSqueeze or SqueezePlay on your netbook and point it to www.squeezenetwork.com. Note that some music services are not available via SoftSqueeze. (You can find SoftSqueeze under Extras in SqueezeCenter.)

KMorgan
2009-08-12, 01:12
I have Squeezecenter and Squeezeplay loaded on my very modest laptop for when I'm travelling. I find that even in Hong Kong I can access my Napster account and get full functions from BBC iPlayer. I don't worry about storing music on the hard drive or accessing the home music library as Napster provides all I need.

Considered Spotify?

Keith