PDA

View Full Version : Announce: Album Catalog Creator v1.5 (ACC)

SilverRS8
2009-08-10, 13:41
This is actually not a plug-in but more of an add-on. It generates a HTML catalog of your music catalog stored in SqueezeCenter (see image below). This catalog can be used for print purposes or just as offline (distributable) catalog.

Most important changes for this version:
- Generation of Table Of contents
- Print separation settings are adjustable
- Improved print pagination
- Starting capitals option

To download go to:
http://acc.vanholt.nl

Any comment or issues? Please reply to this thread or drop a mail.
Attached Images

Below is an example of:
- Table of contents
- Catalog with track listing and starting capitals (the large I and J)
- Catalog without track listing

tamanaco
2009-08-10, 14:55
Thanks again SilverRS8... At first glance I could not figure out what the "Starting capital option" meant, but now that I see it... I like it. Tt works "almost" perfectly with the new SC 7.4 MySQL builds. Just one little problem... Any artist or album name with the character in its path\filename is not translated correctly.

SilverRS8
2009-08-10, 21:12
Thanks again SilverRS8... At first glance I could not figure out what the "Starting capital option" meant, but now that I see it... I like it. Tt works "almost" perfectly with the new SC 7.4 MySQL builds. Just one little problem... Any artist or album name with the character in its path\filename is not translated correctly.

Thanks for the note. It is now fixed. I left the version number the same as you were so quick :-)

Theremin
2009-08-10, 22:10
A couple of issues when I tried to use it (with WinXP SP3 and IE8). First, the application page displays too short cutting off just below the top of the buttons. I can still select 'Start' though but then I get the domain error. Tried all the suggested fixes but still errors?

SilverRS8
2009-08-10, 22:24
A couple of issues when I tried to use it (with WinXP SP3 and IE8). First, the application page displays too short cutting off just below the top of the buttons. I can still select 'Start' though but then I get the domain error. Tried all the suggested fixes but still errors?

I never heart of this issue before but I tested it and it turns out this is related to the Text size setting in IE. The easiest way to get it right is turn the text size setting to normal in IE or use the CTRL button in combination with the scroll wheel on your mouse to adjust the font size setting.

As for the domain error, if you have tried all the suggestions as listed on the ACC download page I don't have any possible ideas left on how that could be solved. Maybe other users can comment on this one from own experience?

Frank

Theremin
2009-08-11, 01:37
Thanks Frank, should have thought of that myself! The text size was 120dpi in Desktop/Properties/Settings (not IE, that was 'Medium'). I changed it back to 96dpi and I can now see everything.

As for the other issue it looks like Microsoft is getting in the way so I guess I'll have to wait for somebody smarter than me to find a solution. A shame, ACC looks like a cool application when it works.

SilverRS8
2009-08-11, 02:02
Thanks Frank, should have thought of that myself! The text size was 120dpi in Desktop/Properties/Settings (not IE, that was 'Medium'). I changed it back to 96dpi and I can now see everything.

As for the other issue it looks like Microsoft is getting in the way so I guess I'll have to wait for somebody smarter than me to find a solution. A shame, ACC looks like a cool application when it works.

Glad the GUI now displays correctly. Did you perhaps select an alternative output folder which does not reside on the same computer where ACC is installed? In that case change it to a local folder and give it a try. Let me know the results please...

SilverRS8
2009-08-11, 02:51
Thanks for the note. It is now fixed. I left the version number the same as you were so quick :-)

It seems that the '' problem is not fixed yet as I made a typo. I'll fix it tonight and upload the fix.

*EDIT* It has now really been fixed.

Swimmerbird123
2009-08-14, 15:57
Hi - This is a great tool! Thanks! I'm having a couple of minor problems with it though that I'm not able to fix.

First, perhaps similar to the '' problem mentioned above, I have an artist tag of 'Quatuor Ysae', and this gets printed in the catalog as 'Quatuor Ysa�e', meaning an unprintable character, and the album art for this folder is not shown in the catalog. The more common accent characters and umlaut characters (, , , etc.) all seem to come out OK though.

Second, and more frustrating, is that I can't get a couple of artist tags to print the right words. I ran ACC a first time and saw that some artists came out as 'Unknown' and some Album Titles were incorrect. I used MP3tag and saw that these tags were incorrect in the flac files, so I corrected them with MP3tag, rescanned the library, and ran ACC again. Most of my corrections came out correctly this time, but there were still about 6 'Unknown' artist entries and one with 'u mon. FEZ. CD 1' that appeared not to have been changed, even though the corresponding album titles got changed ok. I went back into MP3tag to check them, and all these tags appear correctly there as what I had changed them to, I cannot find an 'Unknown' or 'u mon. FEZ. CD 1' anywhere in any tag. I have cleared and rescanned my library, rebooted my computer, re-downloaded ACC, re-corrected the tags in MP3tag, and anything else I could think of, but I cannot get rid of these incorrect printouts and cannot find them anywhere in my actual tags. This is driving me nuts!

My setup is this: The flac files are on a headless linux server, and both the SqueezeCenter software and ACC are running on a networked Windows XP PC. The music library folder identified to the squeezecenter on the PC contains only one file, a 'shortcut' file that references the shared music folder on the Linux server. I did not seem to need to make your suggested changes for accessing a remote server, since the Windows shortcut seems to work OK - I can add new music, change title spellings, rearrange folders, etc, and these nearly always are picked up correctly by ACC. It is just these few 'ghost' artist tags that I can't fix. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for a great tool.

Swimmer

SilverRS8
2009-08-14, 22:25
Hi - This is a great tool! Thanks! I'm having a couple of minor problems with it though that I'm not able to fix.

First, perhaps similar to the '' problem mentioned above, I have an artist tag of 'Quatuor Ysae', and this gets printed in the catalog as 'Quatuor Ysa�e', meaning an unprintable character, and the album art for this folder is not shown in the catalog. The more common accent characters and umlaut characters (, , , etc.) all seem to come out OK though.

Thx for reporting this bug as it turn out to be. I've solved it and will upload a V1.5a version probably this weekend. Together with some other fixed bugs. It will also include processing status information feedback.

Second, and more frustrating, is that I can't get a couple of artist tags to print the right words. I ran ACC a first time and saw that some artists came out as 'Unknown' and some Album Titles were incorrect. I used MP3tag and saw that these tags were incorrect in the flac files, so I corrected them with MP3tag, rescanned the library, and ran ACC again. Most of my corrections came out correctly this time, but there were still about 6 'Unknown' artist entries and one with 'u mon. FEZ. CD 1' that appeared not to have been changed, even though the corresponding album titles got changed ok. I went back into MP3tag to check them, and all these tags appear correctly there as what I had changed them to, I cannot find an 'Unknown' or 'u mon. FEZ. CD 1' anywhere in any tag. I have cleared and rescanned my library, rebooted my computer, re-downloaded ACC, re-corrected the tags in MP3tag, and anything else I could think of, but I cannot get rid of these incorrect printouts and cannot find them anywhere in my actual tags. This is driving me nuts!

I had myself one such problem where the album artist was 'Top 40 album', also not something you'd want. First thought was that I had different MP3v1 - v2 tags but this was not the case. Personally I use Tag&Rename and tried other alternatives also to see if this was a bug in Tag&Rename. None of them solved my problems. Then I tried foobar2000 which reported that there was also an APE tag in the file which apparently took precedence over the MP3 tag. Removed it and it solved my problem. So please check Foobar or send me the file causing trouble. As it is a flac, it is probably big. Let me know the outcome. I'm curious.

My setup is this: The flac files are on a headless linux server, and both the SqueezeCenter software and ACC are running on a networked Windows XP PC. The music library folder identified to the squeezecenter on the PC contains only one file, a 'shortcut' file that references the shared music folder on the Linux server. I did not seem to need to make your suggested changes for accessing a remote server, since the Windows shortcut seems to work OK - I can add new music, change title spellings, rearrange folders, etc, and these nearly always are picked up correctly by ACC. It is just these few 'ghost' artist tags that I can't fix. Any suggestions?

Foobar2000 but a nice setup it is which is very useful when SqueezeCenter 8 is released to keep using ACC in the meantime until I made the modifications to adapt ACC to the new database (SQLite vs MySQL). Just use SC7 using a shortcut :-)

Thanks again for a great tool.

Swimmer

Glad you like it. Always nice to hear positive feedback!

Swimmerbird123
2009-08-15, 08:11
Thanks for tip about extra tags. I learned that the MP3tag program has an 'extended tags' option on its 'View' menu, and when I used that, I saw that these problem flac files had an additional tag labeled MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTIST which contained the erroneous artist information that was being displayed. I don't know how these few files ended up with that additional tag, since the rest of my files don't seem to have it. But MP3tag allows one to change these extended tags as well, and when I set them to the correct artist name and rescanned the library, the ACC printout came out just fine. So it seems that SqueezeCenter must have its own rules as to which tags take priority. Anyway, my problem is fixed.

About the Windows shortcut files, yes, they are very useful. SqueezeCenter evidently treats them just like subfolders in the main library, so along with any actual flac files and mp3 files that are in the library folder, I can include additional shortcuts there to reference additional folders on the PC as well as on external USB drives and networked drives. It makes the library really flexible.

Thanks again
Swimmer

SilverRS8
2009-08-16, 05:09
I just posted v1.5a which fixes a number of problems and adds the display of progress information while ACC is processing the data which on large collections can take up considerable time.

Below the list of changes:
ADDED: Progress information
FIXED: When 'Create Table of Contents' was selected, the first catalog page contained preceding empty lines
FIXED: Initial window position more towards top of the screen to prevent window from being not fully visible on lower screen resolutions
FIXED: Genres were always processed even if the option selected was not to do so costing significant processing time while not necessary.

Download available at:
http: //acc.vanholt.nl/downloads/acc-v15a.zip (has been replaced by v1.5b. See post below)

Frank

tamanaco
2009-08-16, 05:53
I just posted v1.5a which fixes a number of problems and adds the display of progress information while ACC is processing the data which on large collections can take up considerable time.

Below the list of changes:
ADDED: Progress information
FIXED: When 'Create Table of Contents' was selected, the first catalog page contained preceding empty lines
FIXED: Initial window position more towards top of the screen to prevent window from being not fully visible on lower screen resolutions
FIXED: Genres were always processed even if the option selected was not to do so costing significant processing time while not necessary.

Download available at:
http://acc.vanholt.nl/downloads/acc-v15a.zip

Frank

Frank, I just tested this release and I think you forgot to include the '' fix with this build.

SilverRS8
2009-08-16, 06:16
Frank, I just tested this release and I think you forgot to include the '' fix with this build.

Thx for the very quick testing again. I know I will never make it as Release Manager ;-).

Made the corrections in v1.5b with cumulative changes (as from v1.5a) changes:
ADDED: Progress information while processing
FIXED: The '' character was not displayed correctly
FIXED: The '' character was not displayed correctly
FIXED: A two column TOC on the last TOC page contains double artist entries in the second column

Download available at:
http://acc.vanholt.nl/downloads/acc-v15b.zip

Let me know please if there are still some issues and also if the process information display is working ok as this is a new feature.

Frank

Teus de Jong
2009-08-16, 09:24
Hello Frank,

After a long time, I tested this again. I find it very useful now.
The processing info works. But on my screen (1920 x 1200) this line is only 3/4 visible.

Some other points and wishes :-)
1. There seems no possibility to return from the Remote Server options screen (there's no button and I didn't find a keystroke that works), so I can only leave this screen by closing ACC.
2. It would be nice to be able to choose a font for the text (maybe there is an option and I missed this?).
3. I listen a lot to classical music. It would be nice to be able to sort on the composer field in flacs.
4. Non-square covers are stretched (see attached example: the left cover is stretched horizontally).

Teus

SilverRS8
2009-08-16, 09:48
Hello Frank,

After a long time, I tested this again. I find it very useful now.
The processing info works. But on my screen (1920 x 1200) this line is only 3/4 visible.

Some other points and wishes :-)
1. There seems no possibility to return from the Remote Server options screen (there's no button and I didn't find a keystroke that works), so I can only leave this screen by closing ACC.
2. It would be nice to be able to choose a font for the text (maybe there is an option and I missed this?).
3. I listen a lot to classical music. It would be nice to be able to sort on the composer field in flacs.
4. Non-square covers are stretched (see attached example: the left cover is stretched horizontally).

Teus

Hi Teus,

You either have a large screen font configured in Windows or a zoom factor greater than 100% used in Internet Explorer. Try holding down the scroll button and use the scroll wheel on your mouse while your cursor is in the ACC window. There is an OK button while in the Remote server screen which apparently is not displayed when using large fonts. You can also lower the zoom factor in Internet Explorer to have the same effect.

There is no font to choose but it is a nice idea. However it would be very difficult to let ACC perform proper print pagination as a different font will have other line spacings.

I will look into the sorting by composer. Drop me a mail so I have your mail address to let you perform the testing on composer as I personally don't have the opportunity.

I'll see how the catalog turns out when enforcing only the width of the image and leaving the height scale itself. Again, I need some testers for this as my album art is all squared by itself. Very large (in height) album art however can have its influence on print pagination for which can not be encountered for.

Frank

Teus de Jong
2009-08-16, 13:02
Frank,

I see: I have to use the browser functions (normally I never use IE). Works OK, thanks.

I'm prepared to test some things, but my time is very limited (at the moment I can't even find the time to test the beta version of a product I use daily).

I'll drop you an email.

Teus

morris_minor
2009-08-18, 03:10
Hi Frank,

I'm getting an error when trying to connect to the database from a Vista pc (and I have installed the MySQL 3.51 driver).

I get error 3716: Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain.

My music library is on a WHS machine, and I've mapped the Music share on the Vista pc. I can't see how to allow ACC through the Vista pc's firewall (if that is the issue, of course).

I have Moose running on the same machine, and that has no problems connecting.

Any ideas??

Many thanks,
Bob

SilverRS8
2009-08-18, 09:03
Hi Frank,

I'm getting an error when trying to connect to the database from a Vista pc (and I have installed the MySQL 3.51 driver).

I get error 3716: Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain.

My music library is on a WHS machine, and I've mapped the Music share on the Vista pc. I can't see how to allow ACC through the Vista pc's firewall (if that is the issue, of course).

I have Moose running on the same machine, and that has no problems connecting.

You can try the suggestions as mentioned on the ACC web page (http://acc.vanholt.nl)

morris_minor
2009-08-18, 12:57
OK - RTFM, eh? :O)

I'm a little closer, having followed your suggestions.

I now have an error connecting to Slimserver Db: mySQL driver not installed or is not set to use default credentials.

This IS installed on the machine running ACC (Vista PC); does it need to be installed on the server (WHS)? And how do you check for the default credentials?

Also the error says if you're accessing mySQL on a remote server make sure remote access is allowed by the server.

I can't find a way to check on this . .

??
Bob

SilverRS8
2009-08-18, 13:12
OK - RTFM, eh? :O)

I'm a little closer, having followed your suggestions.

I now have an error connecting to Slimserver Db: mySQL driver not installed or is not set to use default credentials.

This IS installed on the machine running ACC (Vista PC); does it need to be installed on the server (WHS)? And how do you check for the default credentials?

Also the error says if you're accessing mySQL on a remote server make sure remote access is allowed by the server.

I can't find a way to check on this . .

??
Bob

Did you make the right settings in the ACC Remote Server Options screen?

Since you're using Moose, I would guess that you have already modified the my.tt file on the WHS server to allow Moose to remotely access the database.

If not, then the problem is that by default the MySQL database that is installed with SC does not allow access from a remote machine. Read the pre-requirement message at the top of the ACC remote server options screen. It should provide enough information (or else the Help screen). You need to modif the my.tt textfile using notepad and comment out a line in the file by placing a '#' character in front of the bind address line in the file. Then restart MySQL (or your server) and your set...

*edit* The MySQL driver only needs to be installed on the machine you execute ACC on, not the server.

Frank

morris_minor
2009-08-18, 14:27
OK! Almost there . . .

The connection looks OK.

I now get error opening text file: <path>\AlbumCatalog-18-08-2009.html.CAT

Err.number 62. Input past end of file.

At the moment I'm just running ACC from a desktop folder.

??
Bob

morris_minor
2009-08-18, 14:41
Looks like problem solved!

I had the mapped drive set in the Filter Starting Folder, not in the Remote server options page. Doh!

I now have a nice display of my library!

Thanks for your help, Frank, and thanks for a really useful piece of software!

This Squeeze-experience just keeps getting better :O)

Bob

SilverRS8
2009-08-18, 21:37
Looks like problem solved!

I had the mapped drive set in the Filter Starting Folder, not in the Remote server options page. Doh!

I now have a nice display of my library!

Thanks for your help, Frank, and thanks for a really useful piece of software!

This Squeeze-experience just keeps getting better :O)

Bob

Glad it is working. Any glitches in the output can for 99% be related to tagging inconsistencies as ACC is as forgiving like SC is.

ModelCitizen
2009-08-19, 01:12
I've returned to this app to see if it'll work for me now and it does! Thanks very much Frank. The catalogue it produces from my library is superb.

The only option addition I'd welcome is to be able to choose to have the track listing produced in a larger font size (without needing to adjust it via my browser's settings each time I view the catalogue). For my old eyes the default font size for the track listing (in both Firefox and IE) is just to small to read (this with display settings at 96dpi and browser font size set to normal/medium).

MC

tamanaco
2009-08-19, 04:23
I've returned to this app to see if it'll work for me now and it does! Thanks very much Frank. The catalogue it produces from my library is superb.

The only option addition I'd welcome is to be able to choose to have the track listing produced in a larger font size (without needing to adjust it via my browser's settings each time I view the catalogue). For my old eyes the default font size for the track listing (in both Firefox and IE) is just to small to read (this with display settings at 96dpi and browser font size set to normal/medium).

MC

I also have old eyes. To avoid the font restriction I print a .pdf file of the catalog that can be read, re-sized and searched easily using Adobe reader. I even carry a copy of my catalog in .pdf format in my Smartphone to make sure I don't buy a CD that I already own. It's also useful when buying compilation CDs to make sure you don't already own the majority of the tracks in the compilation.

wowo
2009-08-19, 08:09
ACC works on one pc fine. On another pc unfortunately not.

I have the following question:
Is it possible to change the year into origyear ???
Because I am only interested in the origyear.

You can enter the origyear tag in the Squeezebox database with Custom Scan plugin (and display in the squeezebox with the Custom Browse plugin).

I use the year-tag for the releasedatum from the album and the origyear-tag for the original releaseyear of an album.
(ID3v2.4; TDOR)

ModelCitizen
2009-08-19, 09:04
To avoid the font restriction I print a .pdf file of the catalog that can be read, re-sized and searched easily using Adobe reader..
I'll do that, but it does seem to me that the default font size for ACC track listing is just too small to be very useful, even for people with better eyes (like my young son, who also thinks it's too small). BTW. I don't appear to be able to resize the font in IE, although I can in Firefox.

I have since found another vagary. If you use delimters (like ; for instance) in your tags for tracks that belong to more than one genre (so that they will be listed in both genres by SqueezeServer) ACC treats the whole tag as the genre (i.e. ACC lists a genre as called "Pop, Disco").

Otherwise, it's really great and has provided the first useful and good looking catalogue of my music I've ever had.

MC

SilverRS8
2009-08-19, 10:50
I'll do that, but it does seem to me that the default font size for ACC track listing is just too small to be very useful, even for people with better eyes (like my young son, who also thinks it's too small). BTW. I don't appear to be able to resize the font in IE, although I can in Firefox.

I have since found another vagary. If you use delimters (like ; for instance) in your tags for tracks that belong to more than one genre (so that they will be listed in both genres by SqueezeServer) ACC treats the whole tag as the genre (i.e. ACC lists a genre as called "Pop, Disco").

Otherwise, it's really great and has provided the first useful and good looking catalogue of my music I've ever had.

MC

Hi,

I have send you a PM with a link to download an ACC version with a larger track listing font size. Please check it out.

I do expect issues with the print pagination as tracks are occupying more space and may even wrap to the next line occupying two line which ACC can not account for in the print pagination. So please play with the print pagination settings in the advanced option screen of ACC to get print pagination right. Let me know if this delivers decent print pagination. Also let let me know how much pages your catalog is for me to determine if the print pagination has been tested thoroughly.

As for the Genre question; What would your suggested ACC behaviour look like?

Frank

ModelCitizen
2009-08-19, 13:41
Hi,

I have send you a PM with a link to download an ACC version with a larger track listing font size. Please check it out.

Have done. I have 1915 albums and all the web page formatting looks perfect. There are tracks that have such long titles that they wrap (but one or two of them are so long that they wrapped with the smaller font setting anyway) and they look fine. This with IE 7. I've attached an image

I'm not entirely sure what "print pagination" is. All I can say that if means "print to paper" I can't do that as it'd create 226 pages. I did not change from the default AAC pagination settings (as it did not appear I needed to).

As an aside I'm not really sure that the title "Tracks" is required. But I do think a small gap above "Disk 1" and "Disc 2" etc would look better (see attached image). In fact a blank line above the first track listing might also improve clarity.

As for the Genre question; What would your suggested ACC behaviour look like?

What at first appeared simple........

If I've got some music that has been tagged with two genres (i.e. Christams and Choral) and uses a SlimServer recognised delimeter (in my case, ;) and I select to have my catalogue sported by Genre then that album should appear twice, once under the genre Christmas and once under the genre Choral. Behaviour when not sorted by genre remains the same as current.
I guess there would need to be an AAC setting for chosen delimeter.

I can see how this might be objected to by people who have tagged their music with loads of genres and I'm not too sure what should hapen if tracks within an album are tagged with different and multiple genres.

MC

SilverRS8
2009-08-19, 13:48
Have done. I have 1915 albums and all the web page formatting looks perfect. There are tracks that have such long titles that they wrap (but one or two of them are so long that they wrapped with the smaller font setting anyway) and they look fine. This with IE 7. I've attached an image

I'm not entirely sure what "print pagination" is. All I can say that if means "print to paper" I can't do that as it'd create 226 pages. I did not change from the default AAC pagination settings (as it did not appear I needed to).

As an aside I'm not really sure that the title "Tracks" is required. But I do think a small gap above "Disk 1" and "Disc 2" etc would look better (see attached image). In fact a blank line above the first track listing might also improve clarity.

What at first appeared simple........

If I've got some music that has been tagged with two genres (i.e. Christams and Choral) and uses a SlimServer recognised delimeter (in my case, ;) and I select to have my catalogue sported by Genre then that album should appear twice, once under the genre Christmas and once under the genre Choral. Behaviour when not sorted by genre remains the same as current.
I guess there would need to be an AAC setting for chosen delimeter.

I can see how this might be objected to by people who have tagged their music with loads of genres and I'm not too sure what should hapen if tracks within an album are tagged with different and multiple genres.

MC

Thx for the feedback but I guess the print pagination hasn't been tested. Print pagination does nothing when the catalog is only viewed in IE. However the use is limited this way as it is not portable as album art will most often not work when the catalog is opened on another computer. Put creating a PDF file will create a portable catalog which is also smaller in size and easier to navigate. PDF files are created by printing to a PDF printer which then will use print pagination as PDF's are made up out of pages. ACC inserts new page seperators to correctly end a page. If AC wouldn't do that the page will often break half-way cover art and track listings.

So with a greater track listing font the print pagination setting most certainly must be adjusted to account for the greater line spacing of the larger font. Please perform a print preview and see how the pages are formatted.

Frank

SilverRS8
2009-08-19, 13:52
I also have old eyes. To avoid the font restriction I print a .pdf file of the catalog that can be read, re-sized and searched easily using Adobe reader. I even carry a copy of my catalog in .pdf format in my Smartphone to make sure I don't buy a CD that I already own. It's also useful when buying compilation CDs to make sure you don't already own the majority of the tracks in the compilation.

Do you maybe know if it is possible to transfer internal HTML page links to a PDF? I could easily create links from the Table Of Contents entries to the actual catalog entries. However I haven't managed to get these into PDF files so the use is very limited and I did not implemented in in the end.

tamanaco
2009-08-19, 14:01

I also don't know "exactly" what is meant by "print pagination". What I do is a "Print Preview" and in the preview I adjust the top/bot/sides margins before I print to .pdf file. With the number of pages that you have you'll need to be patient for the Print Preview to adjust the pagination after you adjust the margins. At least the Windows Print Preview gives you a page count down as it adjust the pages. I only reprint the catalog after I have added 4 or more CDs.

EDIT: I guess Frank answered before I submitted my post.

tamanaco
2009-08-19, 14:04
Do you maybe know if it is possible to transfer internal HTML page links to a PDF? I could easily create links from the Table Of Contents entries to the actual catalog entries. However I haven't managed to get these into PDF files so the use is very limited and I did not implemented in in the end.

Sorry, I don't know how to transfer links to .pdf, but it sounds like an excellent idea. Searching the catalog in the Smartphone takes a little time.

ModelCitizen
2009-08-19, 14:36
I opened the document created by the beta c version of AAC on another computer in Firefox and viewed it in File/Print/Print Preview. Does the image below help to explain anything? The only other thing I can see that appears off is that a page break will be produced after the album title and artist listing, so the album details end up on the next page, divorced from the header.
All the artwork looks fine though.

I have to say that I don't care about print. I have no need to print to paper or pdf (if the original html output displays fine).

MC

tamanaco
2009-08-19, 14:50
Does the image below help to explain anything?
MC

I use Firefox for everything else except for ACC. With IE the Print Preview shows adjustable margin lines and the layout looks a lot different. In Firefox you'll need click the Page Setup and click on the tab for Margins and Headers to adjust the margins so that the pagination will adjust.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... If you don't care about printing to paper or to a file (.pdf) adjusting anything in the Print Preview will not be saved for the browser view.

Theremin
2009-08-19, 22:58
Glad the GUI now displays correctly. Did you perhaps select an alternative output folder which does not reside on the same computer where ACC is installed? In that case change it to a local folder and give it a try. Let me know the results please...

Frank - sorry for the tardy reply. Yes, the output folder is on the same drive but the FLAC files are on a different drive on the same PC. However I did a bit more digging and found a setting in IE Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level 'Access data across domains'. The default is 'Disabled' and I set it to 'Prompt' and sure enough a prompt appears when I use ACC. Now I can create a catalogue and I will try playing with a few of the options.

greg from winnipeg
2009-08-22, 14:06
I have a remote server (vortexbox installed on old Dell) and a Vista laptop.

On my first attempt at using ACC, I entered an IP address of the vortexbox. I got an error message and, instead of trying to get ACC to access it properly, I made use of the fact that I have a backup of my library on an external USB drive connected to the laptop. I installed squeezecenter on the laptop, scanned the library and proceeded to run ACC again.

My problem: ACC continues to give me the error message, "You specified the IP number of a remote server in the option screen but didn't specify the physical path to the music share. Specify the physical path in the Option screen and try again." Only, I don't want to use a remote server any more and I've already deleted the IP number of the remote server in the option screen.

What should I do?

Greg

SilverRS8
2009-08-22, 14:35
I have a remote server (vortexbox installed on old Dell) and a Vista laptop.

On my first attempt at using ACC, I entered an IP address of the vortexbox. I got an error message and, instead of trying to get ACC to access it properly, I made use of the fact that I have a backup of my library on an external USB drive connected to the laptop. I installed squeezecenter on the laptop, scanned the library and proceeded to run ACC again.

My problem: ACC continues to give me the error message, "You specified the IP number of a remote server in the option screen but didn't specify the physical path to the music share. Specify the physical path in the Option screen and try again." Only, I don't want to use a remote server any more and I've already deleted the IP number of the remote server in the option screen.

What should I do?

Greg

Try entering 127.0.0.1 as IP address of the remote server and remove the physical path if entered. Let me know the outcome...

*EDIT* When you switch from a remote server to a local server an emtpy IP number for a remote server is not accepted by ACC. Only 127.0.0.1 is considered 'local'. I'll change the code so that either '127.0.0.1' or an empty input field is both considered a local server. Thx for the reporting...

Teus de Jong
2009-08-23, 06:56
Frank,

Some minor issues:

1. In the progress line there's always Artists after the colon, even if the sort order is album or genre.
2. I've got two small character problems: the r hacek (or r caron) like in Dvořk displays like ?: the html code is &# 345;
and the same applies to the u-ring like in Martinů; the code is &# 367;
(I've put a space between &# and the number to prevent the forum software to display the character instead of the code.)

Teus

SilverRS8
2009-08-23, 08:11
Frank,

Some minor issues:

1. In the progress line there's always Artists after the colon, even if the sort order is album or genre.
2. I've got two small character problems: the r hacek (or r caron) like in Dvořk displays like ?: the html code is &# 345;
and the same applies to the u-ring like in Martinů; the code is &# 367;
(I've put a space between &# and the number to prevent the forum software to display the character instead of the code.)

Teus

Hi Teus,

1.ACC processes the SC database in two steps; Artist albums and Various Artist albums. Because of this the processing status displays either 'Creating catalogs for category: Artists...' or 'Creating catalogs for category: Various Artists...' independent of sorting option selected.

2. Those characters are unicode as there values are above 255 and therefore not part of the ASCII code. It is on my list to make ACC unicode compliant in the future but the upcoming major change in SC (transition from MySQL database to SQLite) has priority over this otherwise ACC will not work with version 8 of SC.

Frank

ayoung1012
2009-08-29, 07:07
Where can I download this??

rocketdmc
2009-08-30, 06:43
Link is not working for me either.

stof77
2009-09-28, 01:18
Hi Frank,

I you could (when the time will be on your side) add the tag codec option, this is gonna be helpfull for some of us with several codec files (mp3, flac etc...).

Thanx for making this great script

SilverRS8
2009-09-28, 01:28
Hi Frank,

I you could (when the time will be on your side) add the tag codec option, this is gonna be helpfull for some of us with several codec files (mp3, flac etc...).

Thanx for making this great script

Hi Stof77,

Its still on my list and I have yet to begin with it. My thoughts on how it should be implemented are:
- Indication is made on album level (in the album header), not on individual track level
- Indication is:
- Codec i.e. mp3, flac, ogg, ....
- Quality (for lossy codecs) (but not for VBR)
- CBR or VBR. In case of CBR where multiple bitrates are used on the album the indication will be CBR Mixed

I hope to implement it soon but my current priority is at my study towards a specialized certification so it may take longer than you (and I) would like to.

But please share your thoughts on how you think (and all other reader who like this feature) it would have to be implemented.

Frank

lynchCZ
2009-09-29, 02:00
How to simply enable "Remote Server - SqueezeCenter MySQL database" for SqueezeCenter running at Synology Station (local IP 10.0.0.1) for Your "Album Catalog Creator" usage from Windows PC (local IP 10.0.0.5) ?

MySQL ODBC driver v3.51 is installed on Windows PC yet...

Sorry, I am Linux not expert ...

ThankYou

SilverRS8
2009-09-30, 00:21
How to simply enable "Remote Server - SqueezeCenter MySQL database" for SqueezeCenter running at Synology Station (local IP 10.0.0.1) for Your "Album Catalog Creator" usage from Windows PC (local IP 10.0.0.5) ?

MySQL ODBC driver v3.51 is installed on Windows PC yet...

Sorry, I am Linux not expert ...

ThankYou

You would have to enable SSH and setup a session to it using i.e. Putty. But from that point on your on a linux prompt because Synology actually runs on a linux distro (if i'm not mistaken). If you're not experienced this won't be easy to do.

lynchCZ
2009-09-30, 01:07
You would have to enable SSH and setup a session to it using i.e. Putty. But from that point on your on a linux prompt because Synology actually runs on a linux distro (if i'm not mistaken). If you're not experienced this won't be easy to do.

Uff...this not for me :-( Im not Linux friendly.
If any way for make your Catalog more "user friendly", mainly for Synology users (without Linux experience) ?

SilverRS8
2009-09-30, 01:49
Uff...this not for me :-( Im not Linux friendly.
If any way for make your Catalog more "user friendly", mainly for Synology users (without Linux experience) ?

I'm afraid that it is not ACC here that is not user friendly. It's just that squeezecenter (or squeezebox server as it now called) doesn't allow remote connections by default. To enable this you only have to edit a text file. On Windows this would be easy as most of us are familiar with editing text files on windows. On Linux it isn't hard either but it is not GUI based so I can imagine this is difficult for Windows users.

stof77
2009-09-30, 11:45
Hi Stof77,

Its still on my list and I have yet to begin with it. My thoughts on how it should be implemented are:
- Indication is made on album level (in the album header), not on individual track level
- Indication is:
- Codec i.e. mp3, flac, ogg, ....
- Quality (for lossy codecs) (but not for VBR)
- CBR or VBR. In case of CBR where multiple bitrates are used on the album the indication will be CBR Mixed

I hope to implement it soon but my current priority is at my study towards a specialized certification so it may take longer than you (and I) would like to.

But please share your thoughts on how you think (and all other reader who like this feature) it would have to be implemented.

Frank

At 1rst I was thinking of something really basic like : only the codec used at album level, that was it !

But maybe adding some (optional) extra info like CBR / VBR & bitrates, like you mentionned is good idea,

though I don't really see the point with "quality" if we have bitrates (IMO).

Take your time & focus on your certification !

Viragored
2009-09-30, 19:25
Congratulations on giving out such a neat and useful tool. I'm not very familiar with PCs, but am learning lots. Even installing MySQL and opening up the domain access seemed to go alright - and now I've got your great catalogue of my albums.

Thanks for your gift to us all.
Dave

SilverRS8
2009-09-30, 23:27
Congratulations on giving out such a neat and useful tool. I'm not very familiar with PCs, but am learning lots. Even installing MySQL and opening up the domain access seemed to go alright - and now I've got your great catalogue of my albums.

Thanks for your gift to us all.
Dave

Thanks for this very much appreciated compliment. The main driver for me to keep developing and improve ACC...

Viragored
2009-10-01, 14:24
Just a comment as a first-time album catalogue creator, the big file locks up Internet Explorer Vn 8; Firefox 3.5.3 seems to have no problem and displays everything just as it should.
Dave

SilverRS8
2009-10-01, 22:37
Just a comment as a first-time album catalogue creator, the big file locks up Internet Explorer Vn 8; Firefox 3.5.3 seems to have no problem and displays everything just as it should.
Dave

Thx for your feedback. How big is your file?
Firefox immediately displays the page while continuously expanding the page while processing. IE seems to sometimes display the page only when finished loading the page, which may take a while.

Viragored
2009-10-02, 01:53
The big file is a bit under 1.5mb. I think the issue is with IE - 3 hours should be enough for a fast computer to load that file, I reckon :-) After that time I was still getting the spinning wheel and canned IE. Other stuff on the computer then picked up to proper speed and I could load another memory-hungry program.
Cheers, Dave

blahbobbyblah
2009-10-02, 21:45
Once I run ACC, two sessions of IE8 open up but they do not display the catalog, only my internet home page. I get a window saying that the ACC is finished with the number of tracks processed. It also says that the generated files are placed in: "C:\Windows\system32\AlbumCatalogs\" but I find nothing there.

I am running Vista 64 and I am connecting remotely to WHS. Any clue what is going on? What am I doing wrong?

SilverRS8
2009-10-02, 23:01
Once I run ACC, two sessions of IE8 open up but they do not display the catalog, only my internet home page. I get a window saying that the ACC is finished with the number of tracks processed. It also says that the generated files are placed in: "C:\Windows\system32\AlbumCatalogs\" but I find nothing there.

I am running Vista 64 and I am connecting remotely to WHS. Any clue what is going on? What am I doing wrong?

From what folder do you execute ACC from? The catalogs are created in a subfolder of ACC. On Vista and Windows 7 it is best to select an alternative output folder if you have i.e. placed ACC under c:\program files. Reason for this is that these folders are read only under these operating systems.

When using the 64 bit OS platform you still have to install the 32 bit MySQL ODBC driver (not the 64 bit one). This is reported to be working according to another user. But ACC hasn't been tested on a 64 bit platform so I can't guarantee it will work here.

eyeball
2009-10-25, 07:52
Great work! I just created my first catalog. Would it be possible to use the ARTISTSORT tag for sorting? I want Tori Amos to be listed under "A" and not under "T", for example. Would it be easy to change the .hta file?

SilverRS8
2009-10-26, 12:20
Great work! I just created my first catalog. Would it be possible to use the ARTISTSORT tag for sorting? I want Tori Amos to be listed under "A" and not under "T", for example. Would it be easy to change the .hta file?

Can you explain what you mean with the ARTISTSORT tag? I've never used it myself?

eyeball
2009-10-27, 12:15
Can you explain what you mean with the ARTISTSORT tag? I've never used it myself?
That makes me wonder. The Squeezecenter is sorting the artists according to the ARTISTSORT tag. So, although the artist is displayed as written in the ARTIST tag ("Tori Amos"), the artist appears under "A", because the ARTISTSORT tag is "Amos, Tori".
Would it be possible for your script to evaluate the ARTISTSORT information?

SilverRS8
2009-10-27, 12:20
That makes me wonder. The Squeezecenter is sorting the artists according to the ARTISTSORT tag. So, although the artist is displayed as written in the ARTIST tag ("Tori Amos"), the artist appears under "A", because the ARTISTSORT tag is "Amos, Tori".
Would it be possible for your script to evaluate the ARTISTSORT information?

Do you mean with ARTISTSORT tag that this is an actual tag for e.g. mp3 files? Personally i use tag&rename but can't find the ARTISTSORT field.
Apart from that it should be easy to implement what you ask as it would just be a sorting option in the query ACC performs.

eyeball
2009-10-27, 13:55
Doe you mean with ARTISTSORT tag that this is an actual tag for e.g. mp3 files? Personally i use tag&rename but can't find the ARTISTSORT field.
Apart from that it should be easy to implement what you ask as it would just be a sorting option in the query ACC performs.
I think it's not official, but Squeezecenter uses it. I added it manually to my tagging programs (foobar2000, mp3tag).

usbethjim
2009-10-27, 15:48
Tag&Rename - will NOT show you "ArtistSort".

mp3tag - will show it if you tell it to

dBpoweramp - will show it

Jim

SilverRS8
2009-10-28, 12:02
Tag&Rename - will NOT show you "ArtistSort".

mp3tag - will show it if you tell it to

dBpoweramp - will show it

Jim

If it's not default available as database field for everyone geradless if they use it or not i'm leaning towards not implementing this feature. When it is a standard field, I'll put it on my to do list. I'll have to do some research on it...

eyeball
2009-10-29, 04:44
Squeezecenter is using it and you wrote a Squeezecenter addon. So why not implementing it?
I did some research with a db viewer. The ARTISTSORT information is stored in the contributors.namesort attribute, for example as "AMOS TORI". You just have to order your table by the namesort attribute. I tried to change your script but it didn't work. It should be easy for you.

SilverRS8
2009-10-29, 04:49
Squeezecenter is using it and you wrote a Squeezecenter addon. So why not implementing it?
I did some research with a db viewer. The ARTISTSORT information is stored in the contributors.namesort attribute, for example as "AMOS TORI". You just have to order your table by the namesort attribute. I tried to change your script but it didn't work. It should be easy for you.

Like I said and quote; "When it is a standard field, I'll put it on my to do list.", which is the answer to your question.

eyeball
2009-11-02, 10:53
The ARTISTSORT is working now (just three minor changes to your script :) ).
But I discovered another problem. When an album is released by more than one artist, like "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" (which often happens with jazz albums), I'm tagging the album with
ARTIST = "Jon Anderson; Bill Bruford; Rick Wakeman; Steve Howe"
ALBUMARTIST = "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe"
The ARTIST tagging lets Squeezecenter list the album under each of the named artists and under the band name. When I use ACC and enable the track listing, the album is correctly listed under the band name, but each of the tracks is listed four times (as many times as artists are involved). So I get:
Tracks:
1 - Themes (5:58)
2 - Fist Of Fire (3:32)
3 - Brother Of Mine (10:22
Do you have an idea why this happens and can you find a solution?

SilverRS8
2009-11-03, 00:26
The ARTISTSORT is working now (just three minor changes to your script :) ).
But I discovered another problem. When an album is released by more than one artist, like "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" (which often happens with jazz albums), I'm tagging the album with
ARTIST = "Jon Anderson; Bill Bruford; Rick Wakeman; Steve Howe"
ALBUMARTIST = "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe"
The ARTIST tagging lets Squeezecenter list the album under each of the named artists and under the band name. When I use ACC and enable the track listing, the album is correctly listed under the band name, but each of the tracks is listed four times (as many times as artists are involved). So I get:
Tracks:
3 - Brother Of Mine (10:22
Do you have an idea why this happens and can you find a solution?

Good to hear you've got the Artistsort issue solved.

As for the multiple track artist issue:
SC creates a separate database entry for each performing artist in the database. A database query then results in multiple records for each track which is why ACC repeats a track multiple times as it does not yet cope with this. It would require considerable effort to provide this support which I would gladly invest however as of version 8 of squeezecenter, the whole database design is changed. To prevent a lot of work now and again on version 8 I will put the effort in the SC8 compatible version.

To be honest, the transition to version 8 will make it more difficult to interface with and may even come to a scenario where the database file has to be copied first locally before ACC will be able to get the data out of it. ACC may become more user unfriendly but this is due to Logitechs choice to leave MySQL as database platform and use SQlite which doesn't support remote access natively.

I'm wondering if the multiple artist issue can be solved within an SQL statement. That is that within the global query ACC performs which essentially creates a temporary database table, is it possible to combine multiple artists to a single string?
If there are any ACC users who are really good in SQL and are willing to help me out on this one please drop me a mail. If it can be solved using SQL it would make the fix a lot easier to implement and I'll implement it in the version that support SC7.x instead of waiting for 8.

SilverRS8
2009-11-03, 00:33
For Windows 7 users; The font size is larger causing the GUI layout (not the catalogs) to be slighty off what it should be. This is because Windows 7, by default, uses a display font size of 125% instead of 100%. To solve the issue, either change the global windows setting to 100% or use the CTRL key with the mouse scroll wheel and the mouse pointer on the ACC screen to lower the zoom factor to 100%.

I believe that changing the zoom factor within Internet Explorer also has the same effect as ACC actually shares this setting with Internet Explorer.

DigitalMitch
2009-11-03, 03:53
eyeball, well done for fixing artistsort - are you sharing this code back to Frank for wider distribution?

at the same time, have you considered albumartistsort which SBS has started supporting since 7.4

cool tool though - thanks, Mitch

eyeball
2009-11-03, 11:06
eyeball, well done for fixing artistsort - are you sharing this code back to Frank for wider distribution?

at the same time, have you considered albumartistsort which SBS has started supporting since 7.4
I'm still using version 7.3.3. It seems thet 7.4 is not that stable at the moment.
As for the ARTISTSORT, it's quite simple. I extended the SELECT statement of the base sql query:

sql = "Create table ACC " &_
"SELECT DISTINCT " &_
"CONVERT(album_artist.name USING UTF8) AS 'AlbumArtist'," &_
new=> "album_artist.namesort AS AlbumArtistSort," &_

Later in function fnCreateSQLQuery I replaced the AlbumArtist with AlbumArtistSort:

sQOrderBy = "order by AlbumArtistSort,AlbumYear DESC,AlbumName,Disc,Tracknum;"

Of course, you have to change the other ORDER statements, too (I didn't use them).
BTW, if you set the squeezecenter option to ignore leading articles (The, Der, Die, Das, Le, La,...) you don't need the option in ACC, because in the database table the artists are stored without articles in the namesort field.

Roger66
2009-11-04, 07:19
@SilverRS8:

Hi,

what a nice piece of software, thankl you !

I installed it yesterday and after some fiddling around while it wasn't working I found out, that it needs an (additional) mySQL OBD driver. Now it works good.

But I have two feature requests for future versions:

- please make the font size for the "big" report (Album covers including tracks catalog) configurable or at least a little bigger. I'm ending with an extremely small font for the track names after the album art, so they're no more readable. Zooming in the htm page doesn't help here, because it seems to be a bitmap font and so I can only see bigger pixels. The font size of quick reference calalog is perfect.

- is it possible to add info about the file type (especially MP3 or FLAC) and the bit rate of MP3s to the report ?

regards
Roger

SilverRS8
2009-11-04, 11:40
@SilverRS8:

Hi,

what a nice piece of software, thankl you !

I installed it yesterday and after some fiddling around while it wasn't working I found out, that it needs an (additional) mySQL OBD driver. Now it works good.

But I have two feature requests for future versions:

- please make the font size for the "big" report (Album covers including tracks catalog) configurable or at least a little bigger. I'm ending with an extremely small font for the track names after the album art, so they're no more readable. Zooming in the htm page doesn't help here, because it seems to be a bitmap font and so I can only see bigger pixels. The font size of quick reference calalog is perfect.

- is it possible to add info about the file type (especially MP3 or FLAC) and the bit rate of MP3s to the report ?

regards
Roger

I already made a version with larger fonts to test for some users and will implement it as an option in the next version. You can then choose between the small and a normal size font. I can make it configurable by let the user enter the font size but a large font will result in the page pagination going wrong as more lines tend to break because the line will not fit into the space anymore. But I think you will already be happy with the normal size font. Originally the catalog was meant for print and the small font is more readable then but I can imagine that some also would like i.e. a PDF version and the tracks font tend to be too small. By the way; the font is a normal true type font, not a bitmap.

The feature to indicate what codec is used was already requested by another user and it has been added to my todo list for the next version. I think there are two options to implement;
1. indicate in the album header
2. indicate for each track
I will implement option 1 as option two seems to be over the top because all tracks most likely will be made with the same codec.

Frank

Roger66
2009-11-04, 15:01
1. indicate in the album header
2. indicate for each track
I will implement option 1 as option two seems to be over the top because all tracks most likely will be made with the same codec.

Frank

Thank you for feedback, Frank.

Yes, I think option 1 would be absolutely sufficient :).

Please find attached a screenshot to see the very small fonts on Firefox 3.5.4 with screen resolution 1024x768 as used on my notebook.

Roger

http://s7.directupload.net/images/091104/temp/sinyuvxn.png (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/1968/sinyuvxn_png.htm)

eyeball
2009-11-06, 10:06
Hi,

I'm wondering if the multiple artist issue can be solved within an SQL statement. That is that within the global query ACC performs which essentially creates a temporary database table, is it possible to combine multiple artists to a single string?

For me, I could simply solve the problem when I only searched for a contributor_track.role of 1 or 5 instead of 1 or 6. If there is a single artist and no albumartist, the contributor role seems to be 1. If there are multiple artists and an albumartist, the artists will get a role of 6 and the albumartist a role of 5. With ACC I want an album to be listed once for a single artist or for the albumartist. So I have to search for roles 1 or 5 and not for role 6. I changed you base sql query:

"join contributor_track ON tracks.id = contributor_track.track and contributor_track.role in (1,5) " &_

Now each title is only listed once for a multiple artists album. I don't know what happens, if there are multiple artists but no albumartist, though.

SilverRS8
2009-11-06, 10:12
Hi,

For me, I could simply solve the problem when I only searched for a contributor_track.role of 1 or 5 instead of 1 or 6. If there is a single artist and no albumartist, the contributor role seems to be 1. If there are multiple artists and an albumartist, the artists will get a role of 6 and the albumartist a role of 5. With ACC I want an album to be listed once for a single artist or for the albumartist. So I have to search for roles 1 or 5 and not for role 6. I changed you base sql query:

"join contributor_track ON tracks.id = contributor_track.track and contributor_track.role in (1,5) " &_

Now each title is only listed once for a multiple artists album. I don't know what happens, if there are multiple artists but no albumartist, though.

Thank you for thinking along but I just (today) found the solution by using a second SQL statement with a GROUP_CONCAT statement that does the trick. I only have to embed in now in the code.

SilverRS8
2009-11-06, 12:46
Hi,

Hi Eyeball,

I've send you a PM with a link to the development 1.6 version of ACC. It contains a fix for multiple track artist. Please send your feedback direct to my personal mail and not in this thread.

If there are others users willing to test this feature drop me a mail.

Frank

SilverRS8
2009-11-07, 12:39
I just uploaded version 1.6 of ACC with the following changes:

CHANGED Year previously was surrounded by () and is now replaced by a pipe character for better markup especially when Display codec option is used
ADDED Support for multiple track artists
ADDED Display codec option
ADDED Display bitrate option
ADDED Option to make font size for tracks larger
FIXED Hours were not displayed for tracks longer than one hour

This is a beta version and I invite you to test it and provide feedback for it to become a release version.
Download at: http://acc.vanholt.nl

There are still some other important feature requests on my list like ARTISTSORT and unicode support but this is all I could accomplish within a little free time. The next update will probably be somewhere half of december.

Teus de Jong
2009-11-08, 10:00
Frank,

There's something very wrong with multiple disc sets in this new version. All multiple disc sets show only the first disc.

Teus

SilverRS8
2009-11-08, 10:56
Frank,

There's something very wrong with multiple disc sets in this new version. All multiple disc sets show only the first disc.

Teus

Thx for the report. I'll have a look into it...

SilverRS8
2009-11-08, 11:40
Well, that was easier fixed than expected. Please download again and let me know the outcome...

eyeball
2009-11-08, 12:34
This is a beta version and I invite you to test it and provide feedback for it to become a release version.
Download at: http://acc.vanholt.nl
The beta is working well. I couldn't find any errors. The bitrate display is a nice feature. Multiple artists are also working. Great!

Teus de Jong
2009-11-09, 02:40
Well, that was easier fixed than expected. Please download again and let me know the outcome...

Yes, it works again. Thanks!

Teus

lynchCZ
2009-11-09, 02:56
Any new solution for Synology NAS users ? Without Linux degree ?
Thanx.

Roger66
2009-11-09, 10:18
Just tried 1.6b. Font problem fixed with option "larger font" enabled.
Codec and bit rate are now displayed in full catalog.

Thanks for your work !

Is there an option to show it in quick ref, too ? There's still enough space for, and so I could easily get an oversight what codec was used ...

Roger

SilverRS8
2009-11-09, 11:48
Just tried 1.6b. Font problem fixed with option "larger font" enabled.
Codec and bit rate are now displayed in full catalog.

Thanks for your work !

Is there an option to show it in quick ref, too ? There's still enough space for, and so I could easily get an oversight what codec was used ...

Roger

It could be easily added to the quickref but I don't know if I would like to make it an option as I don't know if there are more users interested. I get a lot of individual option requests but have to filter on the ones that fits the needs of more users.

I can provide you the code changes required to add it. It should only require a few lines of code to change. Let me know if this will help you for now.

SilverRS8
2009-11-09, 11:53
Any new solution for Synology NAS users ? Without Linux degree ?
Thanx.

Uhm no I'afraid not (but that is just a shortcoming of the default MySQL settings). I wish I could make it more user friendly but it is an external dependency I can't address from within ACC code.

SilverRS8
2009-11-09, 12:00
Forgot to include a screen shot of the new Codec and bitrate feature.

Roger66
2009-11-09, 12:04
It could be easily added to the quickref but I don't know if I would like to make it an option as I don't know if there are more users interested. I get a lot of individual option requests but have to filter on the ones that fits the needs of more users.
Of course, I understand. Maybe some other users will vote for this option :) ?

I can provide you the code changes required to add it. It should only require a few lines of code to change. Let me know if this will help you for now.
Yes, this would be nice !
Just to open in the windows editor and modify the .hta-file ?

Roger

SilverRS8
2009-11-09, 12:17
Of course, I understand. Maybe some other users will vote for this option :) ?

Yes, this would be nice !
Just to open in the windows editor and modify the .hta-file ?

Roger

Just had a look into it and its not much a code change but more than the three lines I'd expected. I'll implement it in the code but not as an option in the GUI. You'll have to change the variable bDisplayCodecInQuickRef = False to True to enable it using just notepad or something.
If I have modified the code I'll post it as Beta3. If more users are interested it will become an GUI option. Expect it somewhere this week.

Roger66
2009-11-09, 12:53
expect it somewhere this week.
thx

stof77
2009-11-11, 06:18
Great Work SilverRS8,

I really appreciate this update with the codec infos though not tested yet,

could be an interesting thing IMO to add it in the quickRef too, but as Roger66, I wouldn't mind to change a line or two in notepad as it seems very easy (if I understand it well).

Thanx a lot for your time !

SilverRS8
2009-11-11, 11:35
Great Work SilverRS8,

I really appreciate this update with the codec infos though not tested yet,

could be an interesting thing IMO to add it in the quickRef too, but as Roger66, I wouldn't mind to change a line or two in notepad as it seems very easy (if I understand it well).

Thanx a lot for your time !

Hi Stof77 and Roger66,

I implemented your request. As explained earlier it is not a GUI option. Change the bDisplayCodecInQuickRef value to True in the HTA file (in the current version it is on line 178 but may change for new versions) and the codec and bitrate information is also displayed in the Quickref catalog.

Download the beta again to get the modified code.

Let me know if is working for you please

Frank

jaaen
2009-11-11, 14:44
Hi,

Great idea to do this Album creator. Thanks!

The tool basically seems to work for me - however, I don't get the album covers for any of my albums. And I have album covers for most of them. The album covers show fine in squeezebox center, as well as on the controller. But in the album creator is shows up as a nice "note"! :-)

Could it be because all my albums are in iTunes - i.e. squeezebox center is synchronising with iTunes?

Any other ideas?

Jesper

Roger66
2009-11-11, 15:51
Frank

It's working perfect for me.
Thank you !

Roger

SilverRS8
2009-11-12, 00:49
Hi,

Great idea to do this Album creator. Thanks!

The tool basically seems to work for me - however, I don't get the album covers for any of my albums. And I have album covers for most of them. The album covers show fine in squeezebox center, as well as on the controller. But in the album creator is shows up as a nice "note"! :-)

Could it be because all my albums are in iTunes - i.e. squeezebox center is synchronising with iTunes?

Any other ideas?

Jesper

I actually don't know how the integration of SBS with iTunes works and if cover art is retrieved somehow from iTunes itself or not. If the coverart is in seperate files residing in the album folders than:
- If the file name used for cover files is anything other than cover.jpg or folder.jpg enter the name used in ACC.
- If you use a remote server from ACC point of view than it is just a matter of getting the right setting in the remote server opton screen in ACC. Errors here result in album cover art not being displayed correctly. It is just a one time setting to figure out.
- You can always use the advanced option 'Use album cover stored in SqueezeCenter instead of physical file' as this will retrieve the cover art from SBS so if SBS displays the album art correctly so does ACC

stof77
2009-11-18, 06:25
Hi Stof77 and Roger66,

I implemented your request. As explained earlier it is not a GUI option. Change the bDisplayCodecInQuickRef value to True in the HTA file (in the current version it is on line 178 but may change for new versions) and the codec and bitrate information is also displayed in the Quickref catalog.

Download the beta again to get the modified code.

Frank

thanx again,

I haven't tested it yet as I have family problems at the moment that may last a while, but I will, definately, though 1rst I should retag all my Mp3 (Flac are all ok) which are not done properly, this make take quite a long time & I need to find time to do it : it's about 108 Go !

As it is working for Roger66, it s good news.

rgreening
2009-12-03, 08:57
I've got the remote connection setup but when i click on start i get the following erorr.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it means

Error opening text file
C:\Users\mayfields\desktop\acc-v16\AlbumCatalogs\AlbumCatalog - 03-12-2009.html.CAT
err.number: 62
err.desription: Input past end of file

Thanks in advance

SilverRS8
2009-12-03, 10:25
Disable the Table of Contents generations when configuring ACC for the first time. I expect that ACC has a bug in error handling an empty .CAT file because no data was retrieves because of improper configuration.

When everything is configured right, enable the TOC option again.

If things don't work out, drop me an email and get it sorted out.

Frank

jaaen
2009-12-03, 10:28
I actually don't know how the integration of SBS with iTunes works and if cover art is retrieved somehow from iTunes itself or not. If the coverart is in seperate files residing in the album folders than:
- If the file name used for cover files is anything other than cover.jpg or folder.jpg enter the name used in ACC.
- If you use a remote server from ACC point of view than it is just a matter of getting the right setting in the remote server opton screen in ACC. Errors here result in album cover art not being displayed correctly. It is just a one time setting to figure out.
- You can always use the advanced option 'Use album cover stored in SqueezeCenter instead of physical file' as this will retrieve the cover art from SBS so if SBS displays the album art correctly so does ACC

Hi,
Somehow I missed your reply to message and only see it now. Sorry about that!
iTunes is running on the same PC as the SBS - so that shouldn't be the problem. I have also tried to toggle the option "Use album cover stored in SqueezeCenter instead of physical file' but it still does not show the cover art. I guess somehow iTunes cover art is handled differently.
br.
Jesper

rgreening
2009-12-03, 10:37
I'm now working, palyed around and got it to work correctly.

Superb app

fphredd
2009-12-03, 14:49
Has there been any type of track or album limit reached?

fphredd
2009-12-06, 10:15
Is there a way to not use year in the sorting internally?

I have a bunch of live shows that are listed with the date of the show being part of album name, i.e. '2009-12-06 New York NY'. Some of teh 'albums' have a year in the 'year' tag field, others are blank. Oftentimes, the year in the tag is not the year of the show.

Anyway, the ones with year tags get messed up in the sort as the tagless albums get listed, then the ones with year tags. Can that field be ignored somehow?

Thanks.

SilverRS8
2009-12-06, 13:29

I have a bunch of live shows that are listed with the date of the show being part of album name, i.e. '2009-12-06 New York NY'. Some of teh 'albums' have a year in the 'year' tag field, others are blank. Oftentimes, the year in the tag is not the year of the show.

Anyway, the ones with year tags get messed up in the sort as the tagless albums get listed, then the ones with year tags. Can that field be ignored somehow?

Thanks.

If you edit line 1642:
sQOrderBy = "order by AlbumArtist,AlbumYear ASC,AlbumName,Disc,Tracknum;"

To become:
sQOrderBy = "order by AlbumArtist,AlbumName,Disc,Tracknum;"

That should do the trick. Let me know if this was of any help.

Frank

bhr1439
2009-12-06, 15:26
I've tried for several hours, read the suggestions under "known issues" in the reference page, but still can't get ACC to get past "error 3716.... safety settings".

I'm running Windows 7 and my music library is on a ReadyNAS disk. I tried identifying the IP address for the ReadyNAS disk in my IE security settings for Intranet, but that didn't help.

For test purposes, I copied one music album into a a folder in "My Documents" on the c: drive. I've tried both ACC v1.6 and ACC v1.5b, stored in "downloads" on my c:drive. And I still get "error 3716", even though I'm running ACC from my c: drive, and the it's pointed at a folder on my c: drive.

Obviously, I'm missing the boat on something very fundamental. Help! (please)

Chunkywizard
2009-12-10, 09:42
Hi there,

great app! I have a couple of issues though I hope you can help with. Firstly I get other artists appearing against some tracks. This happens when an album name is shared between artists. eg Alanis Morissette - The Collection. The track listing says 1. Thank U - Ft. Shed Seven, Ultravox. How can I get the tracklisting clean, ie not to use this 'featuring' option.

2nd question is how do I get all my album art to display? I use embedded art but it doesn't show on all albums. All my art is 600x600 and some files are quite large (upto approx. 400KB) could this cause an issue? Also I have the album art in each folder as well which I could use but it's in the format Artist - Album.jpg. Is this format supported in the Alternative coverart filename option? If so how do I enter it?

[Edit] Forgot to say, all art appears correctly in Squeezebox Server/ Squeezeplay. Also I checked some of the art no displaying correctly and it's <100KB so it doesn't look like its the size causing the issue.

Thanks

CW

fphredd
2009-12-10, 10:38
If you edit line 1642:

To become:

Frank

That did it, thanks!

Next question, can I sort by ARTISTSORT instead of ARTIST? This put them alphabetically by last name, which is how my music shows when I browse artists.

SilverRS8
2009-12-10, 10:54
Hi there,

great app! I have a couple of issues though I hope you can help with. Firstly I get other artists appearing against some tracks. This happens when an album name is shared between artists. eg Alanis Morissette - The Collection. The track listing says 1. Thank U - Ft. Shed Seven, Ultravox. How can I get the tracklisting clean, ie not to use this 'featuring' option.

This should only happen when you have the other performing artist entered in the track tags. It can't be turned off as it is not displayed when not included in the tags.

What do you mean with 'when the album name is shared between artists'?

2nd question is how do I get all my album art to display? I use embedded art but it doesn't show on all albums. All my art is 600x600 and some files are quite large (upto approx. 400KB) could this cause an issue? Also I have the album art in each folder as well which I could use but it's in the format Artist - Album.jpg. Is this format supported in the Alternative coverart filename option? If so how do I enter it?

[Edit] Forgot to say, all art appears correctly in Squeezebox Server/ Squeezeplay. Also I checked some of the art no displaying correctly and it's <100KB so it doesn't look like its the size causing the issue.

Try the advanced 'Use album cover stored in SqueezeCenter instead of physical file' ACC option. This supports embedded art.

It should be supported to use Artist - album.jpg as alternative cover art file name. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix it.

Frank

Chunkywizard
2009-12-10, 12:58
This should only happen when you have the other performing artist entered in the track tags. It can't be turned off as it is not displayed when not included in the tags.

What do you mean with 'when the album name is shared between artists'?

Hi Frank, I do all of my tags with MP3Tag. I only have 3v2 tags, and can confirm I only have one artist in the tags. This only happens when I have an album name that's shared. eg Alanis Morissette - The Collection, Ultravox - The Collection, Shed Seven - The Collection. In this case Alanis Morisette says 'Ft.' as in my last example. It's obviously also a problem this all my 'Greatest Hits' albums.

Try the advanced 'Use album cover stored in SqueezeCenter instead of physical file' ACC option. This supports embedded art.

It should be supported to use Artist - album.jpg as alternative cover art file name. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix it.

Frank

I am currently experimenting with all the options and I'll let you know!

Thanks for the support

CW

Chunkywizard
2009-12-10, 13:20
Hi Frank,

I've finished playing with the album art options. If I use the advanced option to use the SqueezerCenter cover I get no art at all. All album covers
just have a red X in the top left corner. If I don't have that selected but use the option to point at my album art in the folder that doesn't work either. I tried 'Artist - album.jpg' but I still get some art work shown and others missed. Just to clarify, my art files are named like 'Alanis Morissette - The Collection.jpg.

Anything else I can try?

CW

SilverRS8
2009-12-10, 23:41
Hi Frank,

I've finished playing with the album art options. If I use the advanced option to use the SqueezerCenter cover I get no art at all. All album covers
just have a red X in the top left corner. If I don't have that selected but use the option to point at my album art in the folder that doesn't work either. I tried 'Artist - album.jpg' but I still get some art work shown and others missed. Just to clarify, my art files are named like 'Alanis Morissette - The Collection.jpg.

Anything else I can try?

CW

Well, I think you found a few bugs. I'll look into to it probably this weekend and contact you for testing prior to releasing it if that is ok?

Chunkywizard
2009-12-11, 00:59
No problem. You can email me any versions to test to my gmail account. It's chunkywizard@

Cheers

CW

sparkle999
2009-12-19, 04:01
In case it "helps", I am experiencing similar issues. I haven't really had a go at sorting out my music collection to date, your app will be a great help in that regard (so thankyou). When I look at my music library via SBS, I've got around half of the albums showing artwork, with the others blank. I am running SBS on a thecus nas box (linux), and the music library sits on the nas box as well.

When I run your catalogue creator, all of the images have a red cross on them - and appear to be linking to locations that do not exist. Looking at the generated html, the images reference is being built as follows: http://milhouse:9000/music/nnnn/cover.jpg (where nnnn is a different numeric reference for each album).

PM me if you want any help with testing.
regards, sp.

andrek
2009-12-19, 04:14
Any update on the issue that when several artists have albums with the same title, they are merged by ACC ?
I have this problem with:
= Jimi Hendrix - The Gold Collection - 1997
= Wynton Marsalis - The Gold Collection - 1997

ACC list them as one album under Jimi Hendrix, with Ft. Wynton Marsalis added to all tracks from his album.
PS : ACC v1.5b did process these albums correctly.

sparkle999
2009-12-19, 05:07
Me again :)

Well, I managed to solve my problem with a little bit of search and replace... the issue was the generated link, replaced 9000 with 9009...

ie: http://milhouse:9009/music/nnnn/cover.jpg

Hope that helps
regards
sp.

SilverRS8
2009-12-19, 05:33
Any update on the issue that when several artists have albums with the same title, they are merged by ACC ?
I have this problem with:
= Jimi Hendrix - The Gold Collection - 1997
= Wynton Marsalis - The Gold Collection - 1997

ACC list them as one album under Jimi Hendrix, with Ft. Wynton Marsalis added to all tracks from his album.
PS : ACC v1.5b did process these albums correctly.

I've started to work on version 1.7 and this is on my list. Expect it somewhere in the christmas holiday.

SilverRS8
2009-12-19, 05:34
Me again :)

Well, I managed to solve my problem with a little bit of search and replace... the issue was the generated link, replaced 9000 with 9009...

ie: http://milhouse:9009/music/nnnn/cover.jpg

Hope that helps
regards
sp.

That is very strange because port 9000 works fine for me here. But thanks for reporting. EDIT: Changed it to port 9009 and ran a test and no album art appears. If there are any users out there where the advanced option 'Use album cover stored in SqueezeCenter instead of physical file' does not produce correct album art, please report.

@Sparkle; you the first one to report this so I'm guessing for now this is an isolated issue

Did you change the default port used in Squeezecenter ?

SilverRS8
2009-12-19, 06:06
On my to do list for v1.7 are:
- Cyrillic character support
- ArtistSort feature (sort by i.e. Dylan, Bob instead of Bob Dylan)
- Improved layout for Quickreference catalog (include starting capitols like in the main catalog)
- Some bugfixes

If you have additional feature requests let me know.

Frank

sparkle999
2009-12-19, 07:12
@Sparkle; you the first one to report this so I'm guessing for now this is an isolated issue

Did you change the default port used in Squeezecenter ?

Well, I didn't think I had - however I've just been digging around in the settings and there is a facility to change the port number in the user interface for SBS. And yes, it's set to 9009, and the default is 9000. I can't *remember* changing it...!

However, I've changed it back to 9000 so I shall see how I go. The app works now, so thanks a lot.

Regards
sp.

SilverRS8
2009-12-19, 14:29
Can someone explain how the ARTISTSORT thing works? How do I add and edit it? I want to add support for it in ACC but haven't used it myself yet.

SilverRS8
2009-12-21, 06:22
Can someone explain how the ARTISTSORT thing works? How do I add and edit it? I want to add support for it in ACC but haven't used it myself yet.

Anyone?

fphredd
2009-12-21, 07:58
Anyone?

It allows the artist list to be sorted by last name...

Robert Hunter
Neil Young

SilverRS8
2009-12-21, 08:42
It allows the artist list to be sorted by last name...

Robert Hunter
Neil Young

I know but the ARTISTSORT tag isn't supported natively so I was wondering what must be done to use it and how must the tagging be performed.

fphredd
2009-12-21, 10:05
I know but the ARTISTSORT tag isn't supported natively so I was wondering what must be done to use it and how must the tagging be performed.

To do ARTISTSORT tagging, I used MP3Tag, under extended tags. I had been using Tag&Rename to tag, but it does not have that field. The forum at MP3Tag is friendly, as someone (program developer) was kind enough to write the statement I needed to add the field.

SilverRS8
2009-12-21, 11:24
To do ARTISTSORT tagging, I used MP3Tag, under extended tags. I had been using Tag&Rename to tag, but it does not have that field. The forum at MP3Tag is friendly, as someone (program developer) was kind enough to write the statement I needed to add the field.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I know you can do a lot with MP3tag but its far from user-friendly (or it maybe me) and I too use Tag&Rename. Can you share the statement needed to add the field using MP3Tag?

When added, does SBS automatically use this field to sort?

Some people have requested the sort by ARTISTSORT feature for ACC but I don't actually expect too many people use it because its not particularly an easy to access field.

fphredd
2009-12-21, 12:42
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I know you can do a lot with MP3tag but its far from user-friendly (or it maybe me) and I too use Tag&Rename. Can you share the statement needed to add the field using MP3Tag?

When added, does SBS automatically use this field to sort?

Some people have requested the sort by ARTISTSORT feature for ACC but I don't actually expect too many people use it because its not particularly an easy to access field.

http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=10624

SBS seems to pick this up first. With 'Bands'I don't use it (Zeppelin, Led), so SBS then goes back to using just ARTIST.

SilverRS8
2009-12-22, 01:21
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=10624

SBS seems to pick this up first. With 'Bands'I don't use it (Zeppelin, Led), so SBS then goes back to using just ARTIST.

Thx fphredd,

I can now do some testing in order to see if the feature will be added to ACC.

Frank

SilverRS8
2009-12-23, 13:39
Hi,

I've uploaded beta 1 version of ACC v1.7. Change list:

NEWSYSREQ MySQL ODBC 5.1 driver required
CHANGED --- Cosmetic optimization of the quickreference catalog
ADDED --- Starting capitals in quickref catalog
ADDED --- Advanced option; specify port number for album art retrieved from Squeezebox Server
ADDED --- Unicode support (international characters)
FIXED --- When no data could be retrieved, emtpy catalogs where generated and displayed
FIXED --- Albums with the same name, although from different artists, were incorrectly sorted

This version provides unicode support and should support international character sets (if installed on the system). This however requires the MySQL 5.1 ODBC driver as the older version did not properly support unicode.

Download the MySQL 5.1 ODBC driver at (remove the old one prior to installing the new one):
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.1.html

Download ACC v1.7 beta 1 at:
http://acc.vanholt.nl/downloads/acc-v17-beta1.zip

This version also includes an enhanced quickref catalog (see included picture for a snippet).

Please provide feedback if you discover any issues.

When I get the ARTISTSORT thing figured out it may be added to a higher beta of v1.7 but may also be postponed to v1.8.

Frank

Chunkywizard
2009-12-24, 01:24
Hi Frank,

just tried the new beta. I can confirm the fix for albums with the same name being incorrected sorted, that works a treat now. I have however found a bug with the new enhanced quickref catalogue. I have the option to ignore the Preceeding 'The' in artist names when sorting. So my quickref sections go +, 0-9, A, T, A, T, A etc. with the T being generated where an artist name beginning with a 'The' eg The Airborne Toxic Event.

HTH

CW

Chunkywizard
2009-12-24, 01:42
Just found another bug (which was probably in earlier versions also). I have some CD's for my kids with the genre 'Children's Music'. This genre doesn't display in the quickref or the Album Catalog.

HTH

CW

Chunkywizard
2009-12-24, 01:47
I'll shut up in a minute ;-D. One enhancement request. Would it be possible to have an option to not display the Artist Name in compilation albums if that name is actually 'Various Artists'? I have some albums where the artist is not known (typically my Children's Music) and the display would look a lot cleaner if these albums just showed the track names rather than 'Various Artists - Three Little Speckled Frogs' (Which is a killer tune by the way ;-D))))

Cheers

CW

SilverRS8
2009-12-24, 01:54
Hi Frank,

just tried the new beta. I can confirm the fix for albums with the same name being incorrected sorted, that works a treat now. I have however found a bug with the new enhanced quickref catalogue. I have the option to ignore the Preceeding 'The' in artist names when sorting. So my quickref sections go +, 0-9, A, T, A, T, A etc. with the T being generated where an artist name beginning with a 'The' eg The Airborne Toxic Event.

HTH

CW

Hi Chunkywizard,

Thx for the feedback. Credits by the way for resolving the sorting issue go to forum user AndreK.

I solved the issue and is available at:
http://acc.vanholt.nl/downloads/acc-v17-beta2.zip

Frank

SilverRS8
2009-12-24, 02:01
Just found another bug (which was probably in earlier versions also). I have some CD's for my kids with the genre 'Children's Music'. This genre doesn't display in the quickref or the Album Catalog.

HTH

CW

Will be solved as will you're 'various artist' request.

Chunkywizard
2009-12-24, 02:31
Hi Chunkywizard,

Thx for the feedback. Credits by the way for resolving the sorting issue go to forum user AndreK.

I solved the issue and is available at:
http://acc.vanholt.nl/downloads/acc-v17-beta2.zip

Frank

Just to let you know the fix works great, thanks

CW

tamanaco
2009-12-25, 06:58
Thanks Frank, nice update. The only issue I've found, so far, is that the Album Art for albums that have extended characters in their path are not picked up when using the folder structure option. Selecting the option to get the Album Art from the server bypasses the problem.

SilverRS8
2009-12-25, 07:21
Thanks Frank, nice update. The only issue I've found, so far, is that the Album Art for albums that have extended characters in their path are not picked up when using the folder structure option. Selecting the option to get the Album Art from the server bypasses the problem.

Thx for the feedback. Going to fix it....

SilverRS8
2009-12-25, 13:51

Just did a run using the folder structure option and cannot reproduce the problem. Can you enlight me on your specific case? I tested with cyrillic characters. What characters did you use?

tamanaco
2009-12-26, 07:33
Just did a run using the folder structure option and cannot reproduce the problem. Can you enlight me on your specific case? I tested with cyrillic characters. What characters did you use?

The folders that failed had one or more of the following characters somewhere in their path.

SilverRS8
2009-12-27, 15:34
I just posted ACC v1.7 beta 3. This version has an advanced option added to enable sorting by ARTISTSORT tag.

Download available at:
http://acc.vanholt.nl

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Total list of changes for v1.7:
- NEWSYSREQ MySQL ODBC 5.1 driver required
- CHANGED Cosmetic optimization of the quickreference catalog
- FIXED Starting capitals are no longer bitmap based but font based
- ADDED Sort by ARTISTSORT tag (advanced option)
- ADDED Regarding starting capitals:
1. Dynamic starting capitals. When Genre or codec is selected to be displayed, starting capitals will be
larger then when these options are not selected because an additional line is added in the album header
creating more space for a larger font
2. Support for international characters
- ADDED Starting capitals in quickref catalog
- ADDED Advanced option; specify port number for album art retrieved from Squeezebox Server
- ADDED Unicode support (international characters)
- FIXED When no data could be retrieved, emtpy catalogs where generated and displayed
- FIXED Albums with the same name, although from different artists, were incorrectly sorteD

fphredd
2009-12-28, 18:37
When I use the ARTISTSORT feature, the artists are listed correctly, but in the 'Quick Reference' they show separation letters by first name. IOW, 'Joan Armatrading' and 'Louis Armstrong' are both listed alphabetically by their last name, before Joan Armatrading is a 'J' separator, and while directly following her is Louis Armstrong, there is an 'L' separator before his name and albums are listed.

Make sense?

scalesr1
2009-12-29, 07:56

eyeball
2009-12-29, 09:25
I didn't read the forum for a few weeks. Great to read about the improvements of ACC, esp. the ARTISTSORT feature!

When I use the ARTISTSORT feature, the artists are listed correctly, but in the 'Quick Reference' they show separation letters by first name. IOW, 'Joan Armatrading' and 'Louis Armstrong' are both listed alphabetically by their last name, before Joan Armatrading is a 'J' separator, and while directly following her is Louis Armstrong, there is an 'L' separator before his name and albums are listed.

Make sense?
Same here. The Album Catalog is correct but the Quickref isn't.

fphredd
2009-12-29, 11:15

Thanks.
If you edit line 1642:

To become:

Frank

Can't find this line in the most recent version. Can I still accomplish the above?

Thanks

SilverRS8
2009-12-29, 15:09

Make sense?

Yep. Makes sense and thanks for the report. It has already been solved and I will post a new beta real soon. Just need to solve the issue posted by Tamanaco first.

SilverRS8
2009-12-29, 15:17
Can't find this line in the most recent version. Can I still accomplish the above?

Thanks

I didnt test it but quick and dirty, add

sQOrderBy = Replace( sQOrderBy, ",AlbumYear ASC", "")
sQOrderBy = Replace( sQOrderBy, ",AlbumYear DESC", "")

Directly before the line that says:
fnCreateSQLQuery = sQBase & sQWhere & sQOrderBy

Chunkywizard
2009-12-30, 02:44
Hi Frank,

a couple more enhancement requests (which I don't think I have talked to you about yet!)

1. Remove the 'Tracks' heading in the Album Catalog. I don't think it's needed.

2. Have a no wraparound option for Track names. I have a naming convention where information about live tracks is put in square brackets after the track name and some titles can be very long. I would like these to be truncated as I get the idea after 80+ characters. So instead of seeing '26 - The Choir Of King's College, Cambridge - Es Ist Ein' Ros' Entsprungen (A Great And Mighty <CR>Wonder) (3:10)' I would prefer '26 - The Choir Of King's College, Cambridge - Es Ist Ein' Ros' Entsprungen (A Great And...' (3.10)

3. Have a no wraparound option for genres. In Compilation albums I have genre per track (based on the artist). So I have the same issue as point2. So I would like 'Alternative, Dance, Electronic, Hip Hop/Rap...' instead on 'Alternative, Dance, Electronic, Hip Hop/Rap,<CR> Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock'

What do you think?

CW

SilverRS8
2009-12-30, 03:18
Hi Frank,

a couple more enhancement requests (which I don't think I have talked to you about yet!)

1. Remove the 'Tracks' heading in the Album Catalog. I don't think it's needed.

Have had this request before. Any users who want to keep this?

2. Have a no wraparound option for Track names. I have a naming convention where information about live tracks is put in square brackets after the track name and some titles can be very long. I would like these to be truncated as I get the idea after 80+ characters. So instead of seeing '26 - The Choir Of King's College, Cambridge - Es Ist Ein' Ros' Entsprungen (A Great And Mighty <CR>Wonder) (3:10)' I would prefer '26 - The Choir Of King's College, Cambridge - Es Ist Ein' Ros' Entsprungen (A Great And...' (3.10)

3. Have a no wraparound option for genres. In Compilation albums I have genre per track (based on the artist). So I have the same issue as point2. So I would like 'Alternative, Dance, Electronic, Hip Hop/Rap...' instead on 'Alternative, Dance, Electronic, Hip Hop/Rap,<CR> Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock'

Both request I would like myself very much but (here comes the but)... there is no way to determine by code when to break or end a long text with '...' as this depends on the wideness of the internet browser window. The presentation on screen will also not be the same as when you print the catalog to either printer or PDF file. For printing the browser will change the layout.

Currently for strings longer than 40 chars, the font size is sized down to allow more characters to fit. So I'm afraid such a feature will never be implemented.

Frank

Rick B.
2009-12-30, 11:36
Stupid question, but after creating the generated catalog, where do I find it?

All I get is some web pages opening up to my home page.

SilverRS8
2009-12-30, 12:02
Stupid question, but after creating the generated catalog, where do I find it?

All I get is some web pages opening up to my home page.

It opens automatically in the default browser. They are located in the AlbumCatalogs subfolder located in the folder where ACC was started uless you have manually changed the output path yourself in ACC.

What OS do you use?
From which folder do you execute ACC from?

Frank

Rick B.
2009-12-30, 12:43
I started ACC from a folder on my Desktop. Is there another folder somewhere else?

I'm using Windows 7, version ACC 1.7 Ver 3 and have the latest MySQL installed.

Thanks,

fphredd
2009-12-30, 21:49
Something's wrong?

Server Scan Results: 2556 albums with 32899 songs by 490 artists.
ACC Results: Total albums: 2181 Total tracks: 22487

SilverRS8
2009-12-31, 01:26
Something's wrong?

Server Scan Results: 2556 albums with 32899 songs by 490 artists.
ACC Results: Total albums: 2181 Total tracks: 22487

I haven't had any reports about this yet. Do you perhaps apply filters (starting folder or genre filter) which would explain the difference?

The query ACC uses hasn't been changed much over time and has had a very reliable track record. If you did not apply filters, can yo narrow down the problem by using a starting folder filter to be able to verify the correctness of a smaller catalog subset.

Frank

Chunkywizard
2010-01-01, 01:29
Note for anyone with a subscription to this thread,, V2.0 is out now and there is a new thread at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73284

HTH

CW