PDA

View Full Version : That wretched crochet.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 00:27
That wretched crotchet at the right of the display: what does it do except steal pixels? I set the display to "nothing", but nothing does not mean no crotchet.

I prefer a very simple businesslike presentation and would love to be rid of it, but it seems it cannot be removed.

Tell me I'm wrong!

Siduhe
2009-08-05, 00:51
I'm not quite sure what you mean by crochet - or whether you are referring to a player display or something like the Controller - but does this solve the problem?

In Squeezecenter, Settings/Player/Now Playing Information - set to Nothing.

There is a similar option in Squeezenetwork from memory.

Now Playing Information is different from the Now Playing Screensaver and needs to be set separately.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 01:07
I'm not quite sure what you mean by crochet

In Squeezecenter, Settings/Player/Now Playing Information - set to Nothing.

There is a similar option in Squeezenetwork from memory.

Ah, I should have looked more closely - it's not a crotchet, its a quaver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_note

or an "Eighth Note" in the US of A.

"nothing" still shows the quaver!

Siduhe
2009-08-05, 01:20
Ah, got you - crotchet not crochet! (I'm a knitter, so didn't make the connection immediately). I thought you were referring to one of the mini screensavers that you see in the Now Playing bit. I'm not sure it's possible to get rid of the quaver as an default option - I wonder if the MusicInfoScreensaver plugin would allow you do to that?

Siduhe
2009-08-05, 01:26
It looks like MIS plugin can be configured so that in the Now Playing screen, the crotchet doesn't show:

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php?nr=446&kategorie=slim-plugins

You can download it via the Extension Downloader.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 01:38
It looks like MIS plugin can be configured so that in the Now Playing screen, the crotchet doesn't show:

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php?nr=446&kategorie=slim-plugins

You can download it via the Extension Downloader.

OO that's looks like an nice toy. Ta

[Ta = Thanks in British Slang.

It's also the sound of a crotchet as I was taught to speak rhythms at Primary School:

ta taffy ta ta

crotchet quaver_quaver crotchet crotchet]

badbob
2009-08-05, 03:03
cool get rid of that 2 bar EQ bar.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 03:39
I have loaded the extension. All the buttons seem to work, but the behaviour of the SB3 does not change. I must try harder? iS it working yet with 7.4?

toby10
2009-08-05, 04:13
I have loaded the extension. All the buttons seem to work, but the behaviour of the SB3 does not change. I must try harder? iS it working yet with 7.4?

What behavior is not changing? The quaver is still visible?

MIS is functioning with 7.4, but there are some minor glitches at the moment.
ex: Playlist = Radio Station is not functioning properly, currently this only displays the text Now Playing

Labarum
2009-08-05, 04:23
What behaviour is not changing? The quaver is still visible?

Yes. Quaver still visible. I tried to change it to "Bitrate"

badbob
2009-08-05, 04:31
Bit stuck here, changing things does change the display but can't get it just to remove the moving EQ on the right.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 04:35
I am getting the Alternative Volume Control

Quaver as stubborn as ever.

badbob
2009-08-05, 04:43
ah got rid of EQ bar it's in the other menu. Get you now about the quaver can't see the point of that, would prefer one extra letter width.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 04:51
ah got rid of EQ bar it's in the other menu. Get you now about the quaver can't see the point of that, would prefer one extra letter width.

Exactly. What does that wretched quaver accomplish!

Or the EQ bars for that matter!!

badbob
2009-08-05, 04:52
Done it! Go into Screensaver when playing change, Music Information Screen

cbemoore
2009-08-05, 05:05
Exactly. What does that wretched quaver accomplish!

Or the EQ bars for that matter!!

Its there for a reason - it tells the user that he can "play" the current menu item.

In the same way, the right-arrow tells the user that he can move right to go deeper into the menu structure.

Makes sense to me.....

badbob
2009-08-05, 05:08
I don't need to be told I can play my music files, or that's it's music, or sub menus within that branch.

badbob
2009-08-05, 05:12
Done no more useless icon and EQ bar

Labarum
2009-08-05, 05:31
Yes, I have it sorted now. Thanks all.

badbob
2009-08-05, 05:35
Set "Customize playlist display" to "use screensaver settings" otherwise quaver pops up again just after playing the song (until the MIS screensaver kicks in)

Labarum
2009-08-05, 05:53
Yes, I have it sorted now. Thanks all.

Not sorted!

If you press "Now Playing" on the IR Remote the Quaver comes back and ectra presses will cycle through various display options.

Rats!

badbob
2009-08-05, 05:57
Do what I said. Mine doesn't appear when I press now playing, or I leave it to kick in to screensaver mode (when playing)

although it does appear if I go random mix playing random songs [quaver] but it's not displayed within the first 30 seconds or after that when it switches to screensaver mode (now playing)

Labarum
2009-08-05, 06:02
Yes, Thanks. Our posts crossed. I got there in the end.

It would be nice if these features could be incorporated into some future official upgrade.

Labarum
2009-08-05, 06:18
That b . . . . quaver.

Press "Favorites" on the remote and it's back.

I expect this is as far as we can go.

But would a member of the design team like to tell us what that quaver is all about?

Except that "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

badbob
2009-08-05, 06:26
Could be worse ;-)

Labarum
2009-08-05, 06:37
I had quite forgotten that most annoying juvenile: how could I?