PDA

View Full Version : Artwork for files with no artwork

sebage
2009-08-02, 12:44
Most of my files have artwork. A few don't and so show up in squeezecenter as the grey notes image. Is there a setting that I can change that uses an image of my choice instead of the squeezecenter default?

sebage
2009-08-03, 20:19
No ideas? Barking up the wrong forum?

Goodsounds
2009-08-03, 20:49
Put the "image of your choice" in the album's folder, and name it "cover" or one of the other operative names.

I presume you know how to explore and download from the variety of available sources for cover art (like Amazon). Good luck.

Mnyb
2009-08-03, 20:59
Just use the image of your choice in those albums ? put in a folder.jpg in the folder that has the album.
If there only a few this is quickly done.

sebage
2009-08-05, 16:34
Yes, I could. Good suggestion. My issue is that I have 36,000 tracks in various directories and subdirectories. The majority have artwork (use Tag&Rename, AlbumArtFinder, rip with dbpoweramp etc), but for some no artwork exists on Amazon or the usual sources.

Anyone have a script or app that could see if a directory contained a folder.jpg and if not pop a default image in there?

Still seems like something SC could do. If it doesn't find art then it substitutes the default image with one of your choosing?

Moonbase
2009-08-06, 05:29
You could substitute the skin's default "cover.png" image by your own. It's in server/HTML/Default/html/images/cover.png (use your skin name in place of "Default", i.e., "Classic", "Fishbone", etc.).

sebage
2009-08-08, 20:07
Thanks - that works perfectly for my needs; I knew there must have been a way. Appreciate your posting!

Mnyb
2009-08-09, 04:48
Thanks - that works perfectly for my needs; I knew there must have been a way. Appreciate your posting!

This will not survive an upgrade, you can pretty much redesign the web-UI to your liking. But you have to keep putting back those images yourself after each upgrade.

For a while a was sick of that *euch* green theme in the web-UI and redesigned some pics to make it a grayscale, but I grow tired of updtating this after every upgrade.

You can also hack the controller itself for example change the boot sound and splash screen, but again this will disappear each upgrade.
but for the fun of it....

funkstar
2009-08-09, 06:44
This will not survive an upgrade, you can pretty much redesign the web-UI to your liking. But you have to keep putting back those images yourself after each upgrade.

For a while a was sick of that *euch* green theme in the web-UI and redesigned some pics to make it a grayscale, but I grow tired of updtating this after every upgrade.

You can also hack the controller itself for example change the boot sound and splash screen, but again this will disappear each upgrade.
but for the fun of it....
It wouldn't take a lot to wrap that all up in a zipor rar file that you extract after the update, overwriting the files already in those directories.

Or a batch/script file to update everything.

Justme
2009-08-09, 10:29
I had the same problem but use a third party progrm to sort this out. jRiver's Media Center. It's a bit like the iTunes player though with far better search facility and other additional features, and is great way to tag songs. One feature it has is that you can simply right click a song, group of songs or album etc and select the cover image from the clipboard.

To get the image on the clip board, I usually google the album or artist. It's very quick and you can even sort your music by Album covers so it lists all the ones without cover art at the beginning.

It's not free though, but is worth the money in my opinion.

SqueezeCenter picks up all the tag and cover art changes Media Center makes.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/

sebage
2009-08-09, 13:57
Yes - the artwork for most of my files is usually a sinch to find. I start with a rip from dbpoweramp (which captures most of my albums artwork), then use Tag&Rename to try the amazon sources.

Re: Upgrades. Yes - I take that point, but it is a small extra step I can live with to not look at the dingy grey pair of crotchets.

I had a feeling - going way back in slimserver versions (5 years?) - there used to exist an option to choose your artwork file, if none was found by the software. Anyone else remember that? Did I dream it?

It would be a nice idea I think.