PDA

View Full Version : Standby screensaver issue...

MilkyJoe
2009-08-02, 09:54
Hope someone can help with this.

If I have been using my SB3 with Squeezecenter on my PC, and then press the power button on the remote to put the Squeezebox into standby, it shows the clock screensaver. Good.

If I then go and switch off my PC, it starts popping up with "cannot connect to squeezecenter" - why? I am not attempting to use it!

The only way I can get my lovely screensaver back again is to connect to Squeezenetwork and then power off again. This is not what I want. I only want to be prompted with the message "cannot connect to squeezecenter" if I manually power on my Squeezebox (common sense!)

Can anyone help? Thanks

dsdreamer
2009-08-02, 10:45
Hope someone can help with this.

If I have been using my SB3 with Squeezecenter on my PC, and then press the power button on the remote to put the Squeezebox into standby, it shows the clock screensaver. Good.

If I then go and switch off my PC, it starts popping up with "cannot connect to squeezecenter" - why? I am not attempting to use it!

The only way I can get my lovely screensaver back again is to connect to Squeezenetwork and then power off again. This is not what I want. I only want to be prompted with the message "cannot connect to squeezecenter" if I manually power on my Squeezebox (common sense!)

Can anyone help? Thanks

This has been pointed out before, and it's clear by now that users really don't like it, but the developers had their reasons (e.g., to help support diagnose issues).

You can follow some of the discussion of the bug (now an enhancement request) here: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10393 . The enhancement request currently has 10 votes and is targeted for release 8.1.

It was also quite a long thread in these forums a little while back.

MilkyJoe
2009-08-02, 11:03
That's extremely helpful, thanks!

EDIT - I have voted, and added my two cents. May speed things up if others go and vote too.