Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snoogly
    • Dec 2006

'Can't find address for SqueezeNetwork'

I have 2 SB3s. One of them can connect to SqueezeNetwork with out any problems, however, the other one always fails connect, and I get this message:

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?
  • dsdreamer
    • Jul 2007

A bit more information please?

Originally posted by snoogly
    I have 2 SB3s. One of them can connect to SqueezeNetwork with out any problems, however, the other one always fails connect, and I get this message:

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?
    * Do you use SqueezeCenter?
    * If so, which version on which OS?
    * Do both players work well with a local SqueezeCenter, assuming you use one?
    * Do both players have plenty of wireless signal strength, if you use wireless?
    * Are the network configurations for both players identical?
    * If you reboot the problem Squeezebox and select SqueezeNetwork as the music source as part of the setup, does it still give a problem, or only when you attempt switch over from SqueezeCenter to SqueezeNetwork?

There is a DNS bug in the latest released 7.3.3 SqueezeCenter that could *potentially* cause this issue (but odd if it only does for one player and not the other).

If this sounds like it might be relevant try a recent 7.3.4 nightly, e.g., from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Comment

• snoogly
      • Dec 2006

7.3.3 Mac 10.5.6

Yes

Yes

Not sure how to check this

* If you reboot the problem Squeezebox and select SqueezeNetwork as the music source as part of the setup, does it still give a problem, or only when you attempt switch over from SqueezeCenter to SqueezeNetwork?
      Still gives a problem

There is a DNS bug in the latest released 7.3.3 SqueezeCenter that could *potentially* cause this issue (but odd if it only does for one player and not the other).

If this sounds like it might be relevant try a recent 7.3.4 nightly, e.g., from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3

Tried it. No joy.
      Last edited by snoogly; 2009-08-02, 02:33. Reason: Tried 7.3.4

Comment

• dsdreamer
        • Jul 2007

Thanks, but could you also try this?

7.3.3 Mac 10.5.6

Yes

Yes

Not sure how to check this

Still gives a problem

Tried it. No joy.
        Could you look on the SqueezeCenter information page (right-most tab on the page that pops up, after selecting "Settings"). Can you check that both players are reported as present there and have identical firmware version numbers (version 127) and have been allocated distinct IP addresses in the same subnet? You should see something like this:
        Player Model: squeezebox3
        Firmware: 127
        Player IP Address: 192.168.1.18

Player Model: squeezebox3
        Firmware: 127
        Player IP Address: 192.168.1.22
        Could you also swap the locations of the two players and report if the problem stays with the same player or is somehow location specific?

I know this may seem tedious but, it may help diagnose the problem.

Regards,
        ----------------------

Comment

• snoogly
          • Dec 2006

Thanks for the tip on looking on the information page.

Everything looks in order there.

I know this is probably a silly question, but if I swap the players, will all of the current settings be retained (I mean when I swap them back to their current locations)?

Comment

• dsdreamer
            • Jul 2007

You shouldn't lose your settings

Thanks for the tip on looking on the information page.

Everything looks in order there.

I know this is probably a silly question, but if I swap the players, will all of the current settings be retained (I mean when I swap them back to their current locations)?
            It shouldn't matter where they are in physical space, the player-specific settings should be retained just as if you had power-cycled them without moving them.
            ----------------------

Comment

• dsdreamer
              • Jul 2007

Also try a factory reset on the problem SB3..

If the problem is player-specific and not location specific, you should try a factory reset if you haven't already done so.

Best regards,
              ----------------------

Comment

• snoogly
                • Dec 2006

Doh!!!

After hours spent tugging at my hair, I checked the network settings again on the SB3. One digit was wrong for the DNS server. Fixed that, and now it works.

Thanks so much for all your troubleshooting advice, and I'm sorry I let it drag on for so long!

Comment

• dsdreamer
                  • Jul 2007

Cool. Glad you got it fixed.

Doh!!!

After hours spent tugging at my hair, I checked the network settings again on the SB3. One digit was wrong for the DNS server. Fixed that, and now it works.

Thanks so much for all your troubleshooting advice, and I'm sorry I let it drag on for so long!
                  In hindsight that is about the only thing that makes sense, given one player could succeed and the other not. But I was assuming you had used DHCP, so I didn't go there.

Glad it is working properly now!
                  ----------------------

Comment

Working...