PDA

View Full Version : All but my Classic

foffster
2009-07-30, 12:57
I've recently moved and the homeowner shares his wireless network with me. My iMac connects to the 64 WEP encrypted network, my Macbook connects, my Squeezebox Controller connects, my phone connects - all but my trusty old Squeezebox Classic connects to the network.

Anybody have any idea why I can't connect? I cannot plug it in via ethernet, btw.

dsdreamer
2009-07-30, 13:42
I've recently moved and the homeowner shares his wireless network with me. My iMac connects to the 64 WEP encrypted network, my Macbook connects, my Squeezebox Controller connects, my phone connects - all but my trusty old Squeezebox Classic connects to the network.

Anybody have any idea why I can't connect? I cannot plug it in via ethernet, btw.

How are you entering the WEP key, Hexadecimal or ASCII? I believe the SB3 only allows Hex for WEP keys, but some passwords could be interpreted both ways depending on the range of characters used.

From the SB3 user-guide: "WEP keys consist of a string of ten or twenty-six digits or letters A through F."

If you have an alpha-numeric key, try using this: http://wepkey.com/

foffster
2009-07-30, 14:47
Not sure what to say here. Tried the site, but didn't work.
The password is 28B7D02E2D.

foffster
2009-07-31, 06:28
Could my problem be due to not being able to write the password with the letters in caps? Had the same problem with my Wii, but turned on caps and it connected. Any help would be really appreciated!

TiredLegs
2009-08-04, 11:31
See if the homeowner will let you try to temporarily connect it directly to his router via ethernet cable. That would just be a test to sort out whether or not the problem is with the WiFi.

foffster
2009-08-04, 11:44
I connected the box directly to the ethernet port on my iMac (which is connected to the home network) and shared the internet access, and I got the Squeezecenter running that way.