PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver crash whilst playing a shoutcast radio channel

Philip Meyer
2004-06-14, 11:40
I've been lurking in these mailing lists for about a week now, as I had ordered a Squeezebox. It has just arrived, and I have to say I'm over the moon with it so far.

I've had a couple of server crashes though; both times whilst I was playing shoutcast radio streams (I was browsing the shoutcast index whilst playing on at least one occasion, if that makes any difference). Looking in my Win XP Pro Application Event Log, I have noticed the following two error reports:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Magic number checking on storable file failed at ..\..\lib\Storable.pm (autosplit into ..\..\lib\auto\Storable\fd_retrieve.al) line 341, at P:\Music\SlimServer\server/Plugins/ShoutcastBrowser.pm line 1231

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Undefined subroutine &PerlSvc::stopServer called at slimserver.pl line 42.

I have noticed a few other bugs, have a few suggestions and requests, and have a few queries. I'm still finding my feet though, and not sure how to check the list of outstanding bugs easily yet, so I'll restrain from posting too much until I find my feet.

Nb. I am a software engineer by trade (VB.NET, C++, etc, but not too much knowledge of Pearl), and I'm willing to help this community if there's any way I can be of assistance.

Thanks for a wonderful product,
Phil

Peter Heslin
2004-06-14, 12:24
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 07:40:03PM +0100, Philip Meyer wrote:
> I've been lurking in these mailing lists for about a week now, as I had ordered a Squeezebox. It has just arrived, and I have to say I'm over the moon with it so far.
>
> I've had a couple of server crashes though; both times whilst I was playing shoutcast radio streams (I was browsing the shoutcast index whilst playing on at least one occasion, if that makes any difference). Looking in my Win XP Pro Application Event Log, I have noticed the following two error reports:
>
> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Magic number checking on storable file failed at ..\..\lib\Storable.pm (autosplit into ..\..\lib\auto\Storable\fd_retrieve.al) line 341, at P:\Music\SlimServer\server/Plugins/ShoutcastBrowser.pm line 1231

This bug is only in version 5.1.5, and is fixed in the nightly
releases; I don't know about the other bug.

Peter

Philip Meyer
2004-06-14, 15:26
>This bug is only in version 5.1.5, and is fixed in the nightly
>releases; I don't know about the other bug.
>
Sorry, that's just typical of my luck! Just after I posted, I saw someone else had asked the same question and had been told that it was fixed in the nightly release.

I've now installed the latest nightly release.

Thanks,
Phil