PDA

View Full Version : Running SB with Foobar or Winamp

regalma1
2009-07-21, 14:38
I am a long time SB user. After years of getting everything to work I finally have a setup that I am happy with...hah! Being a bit of a geek and an audiophile I am never content. I now want to add DRC.

I have it in my car and my HT and am convinced of its value. But the only DRC available for the SqueezeCenter requires InguzDSP and that seems too buggy and lacks support. I happen to be one of the unlucky ones who's system it does not work on. I don't want to dump a bunch of money and time into something I am not sure of.

My solution is to buy Audiolense, create filters using it then run the DRC in Foobar or Winamp. Winamp is preferred because I know its convolver works.

I am hoping I can run SqueezeCenter and the SB from one of those. Is this possible? I have never seen a clear yes or no for this. Besides it would be great if I could play CDs using my computer's drive. That way I can apply the DRC to them as well.

Thanks for any help that you can provide

aubuti
2009-07-21, 14:51
My solution is to buy Audiolense, create filters using it then run the DRC in Foobar or Winamp. Winamp is preferred because I know its convolver works.

I am hoping I can run SqueezeCenter and the SB from one of those. Is this possible? I have never seen a clear yes or no for this. Besides it would be great if I could play CDs using my computer's drive. That way I can apply the DRC to them as well.
It is not possible at present, because no one has written the software. In principle it could be done, but you would need to teach foobar2k or Winamp to speak SC & SB's language, which is slimproto. That could probably be done with a Winamp plugin, but the details are beyond me.

MrSinatra
2009-07-22, 18:01
regal,

are you considering writing a plugin for winamp that does slimproto so it could power slim hardware?

legions would rejoyce!

firedog
2010-09-28, 12:36
I seem to remember seeing a that convolver for SBS has been written. Doesn't that solve the problem so you can still run SBS yet have Audiosense room correction?

I'm way over my head here, so excuse me if I'm not making sense.

Wirrunna
2010-09-28, 14:07
There is a CD Player plugin - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=47288, and I think Whitebear http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=80632 was made to work with Foobar.
I vaguely recall that there was some discussion on someone building an Audiolense plugin, or at least having a software equivalent of "pre amp out" "main amp in" plug in the server software to allow easy addition of DRC software.