PDA

View Full Version : Adding Lyrics to a "Duet" for a new user !

The Rookie
2009-07-21, 12:40
Hi There, just got my first ever Duet and loving it ! I have set it all up fine and all is running as it should (well mostly fine, some tracks don't appear after scanning despite other tracks in the same file being there ? but I can live with that for now).

My question that I would appreciate your help on please: I understand that I can add / display lyrics on my handset, but need to download or add in an Applet of some kind ? Can anyone recommend such an Applet and also any useful guidelines on how to do so that you may have please.

Thanks in advance

The Rookie

MeSue
2009-07-21, 12:58
There's a lot of recent discussion in this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=65211&highlight=lyrics

Personally, I store the lyrics in my tracks and don't use the applet.

The Rookie
2009-07-21, 13:00
Great, many thanks MeSue,

Rgds

The Rookie

ModelCitizen
2009-07-21, 14:40
Personally, I store the lyrics in my tracks and don't use the applet.
Hiya Geek Girl!
What do you mean by this?
In your tag comment field or... or what?
:-]

MC

MeSue
2009-07-21, 17:52
Hiya Geek Girl!
What do you mean by this?
In your tag comment field or... or what?
:-]

MC
Hi MC,

There is a lyrics ID3 tag for MP3s which is indexed by SC and displayed on the Controller. I use a program called Tagrunner which automatically fetches the lyrics and adds them to tags. For the ones it doesn't find, JRMC has a nifty custom web search feature which makes it pretty quick to find and add them manually. About 90% of my library is tagged with lyrics.

ModelCitizen
2009-07-21, 23:57
Ooh, that's interesting.
Sorry to bug you but would it be possible to use TagRunner to *only* add lyrics tags to my *flac* files (which use Flac tags or Vorbis comments)?
Reading the TagRunner home page , I don't think it is. :-(

MC

MeSue
2009-07-22, 07:23
I tried opening a Flac file in Tagrunner and it doesn't recognize it.

But I'm sure if you ask around you can find something for Flacs. Jaikoz is one I've seen mentioned, but I haven't used it.
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/features/feature22.jsp