PDA

View Full Version : Why are all of my FLAC's being resampled?

SatoriGFX
2009-07-21, 06:18
I just noticed that under "More Info" on my Squeezebox's menu my files look like they are being transcoded to a different bitrate. It will say something like:

Bitrate: 800kbps VBR (Converted to 700kbps ABR)

I have FLAC set to native, no bitrate limiting etc....

Any idea why this is happening? Shouldn't my FLACs be streamed without any changes (other than my few higher res. files)

Thanks.

Adam

Phil Leigh
2009-07-21, 10:26
It's just saying that the peak bitrate is 800 and the average is 700.
Nothing to worry about - it's not "transcoding".

SatoriGFX
2009-07-21, 16:40
It's just saying that the peak bitrate is 800 and the average is 700.
Nothing to worry about - it's not "transcoding".

Ok. Sounds strange to me but... Unusual wording considering no conversion is going on. I also don't recall ever seeing it look like that in the past. Did something change in Squeezecenter or the firmware that changed this?

Thanks.

Adam.

andyg
2009-07-21, 17:46
If you see "converted" it does mean it's transcoding. Can you post a player.source log?

SatoriGFX
2009-07-21, 19:15
If you see "converted" it does mean it's transcoding. Can you post a player.source log?

Sure, if I can figure out how to create one. :) I have now set "player.source" to "debug" but where am I supposed to see the resulting log?

SatoriGFX
2009-07-21, 19:42
Ok, it seems I have found the issue. I installed Inguz recently and even though I have the EQ set flat it still does something with the files. If I disable all of the Inguz stuff in the FLAC section of the File Types page there is no longer any conversion going on. Haven't tested all of my other file formats but I would assume it will do the same.

I think I will try and completely remove Inguz since I have not been using it.

radish
2009-07-21, 21:24
It's most likely just doing FLAC -> Filters -> FLAC, so you're still playing FLAC but obviously not the same FLAC as you started with, as you asked Inguz to mess with it :)

SatoriGFX
2009-07-21, 21:35
It's most likely just doing FLAC -> Filters -> FLAC, so you're still playing FLAC but obviously not the same FLAC as you started with, as you asked Inguz to mess with it :)

Absolutely, my fault. I just assumed that if I set the Inguz EQ to "flat" that it wouldn't mess with my files. Anyhow, I've uninstalled Inguz for now. It's a bit useless to me until I can measure my system in room and create a correction filter.

Thanks.