PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Napster info

Eivindz
2009-07-17, 04:15
Anyone else annoyed by all the info about Napster, both on the Logitech website and even on the player itself? Info is mostly a good thing, but both the website and the player say, IN NORWEGIAN (I'm Norwegian), that you can register for a free trial when in fact this service isn't available in my country. Is this also the case for other countries outside US, Canada, UK and Germany?

aubuti
2009-07-17, 05:02
It doesn't bother me at all. Can't you avoid Napster information on the player (at least when using SqueezeCenter) by disabling the Napster plugin? On the www.logitechsqueezebox.com and www.mysqueezebox.com web sites it's mostly on the top-level pages, along with other services that will only be of interest to some people (MediaFly, Slacker, etc.).

Eivindz
2009-07-19, 15:02
It doesn't bother me anymore either, but it is was very misleading and confusing when I first saw it. Why bother translating an ad for something that is not available? It made me spend a lot of time trying to figure out whether I could use Napster or not.

aubuti
2009-07-19, 20:44
Why bother translating an ad for something that is not available?
Maybe for Norwegians who live someplace (outside Norway) where it is available....