PDA

View Full Version : Player problems

JackMax
2009-07-15, 06:55
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I just got my Squeezebox 2 set up and working. The internet radio stations play great. However, there are several albums I have on my PC that do not play through the SB, even though they show up as valid albums. They were ripped as 192kbps WMA files, but don't play for some reason. I have other songs ripped in 192kbps WMA, which play just fine, any thoughts on what may be causing this? Thanks in advance!

dsdreamer
2009-07-15, 12:00
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I just got my Squeezebox 2 set up and working. The internet radio stations play great. However, there are several albums I have on my PC that do not play through the SB, even though they show up as valid albums. They were ripped as 192kbps WMA files, but don't play for some reason. I have other songs ripped in 192kbps WMA, which play just fine, any thoughts on what may be causing this? Thanks in advance!

A possible reason for your problems would be if some of your albums were ripped with DRM applied. I don't know whether they would show up as valid albums in SC, but it is quite possible they would if the metadata can be read.

If these tracks can be accessed in Windows Media player, you could try right-clicking on them in the library to see what clues can be found in the meta data. (Right-click on a track, select properties, and check the "Media Usage Rights" tab.)