PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Squeezebox not giving wireless options



Jules Taplin
2004-06-10, 13:36
Hey folks.

Quick question here, although I fear I already know the answer.

Just bought another three Squeezeboxes today (should finish off the upstairs). Most of them will probably finish in a wired environment, but I bought all wireless ones anyway (more flexible that way).

Of the three... one of them simply assumes that it's connected to a wired network, and gives me no option to connect over wireless. It's not a shipping failure (the box identifies it as a UK Wireless version - it's got a Wireless MAC address on the underside, etc).

So... does it mistakenly think it's a wired-only version? If so... does it think that because it's wireless hardware's defective? Is it an RMA job (boo), or is there anything else I should try.

Bah. Bet I'm gonna have to send it back :(

Any suggestions welcome!


Best Regards,


Jules

Jason Holtzapple
2004-06-10, 13:45
Jules Taplin wrote:
> Of the three... one of them simply assumes that it's connected to a
> wired network, and gives me no option to connect over wireless. It's not
> a shipping failure (the box identifies it as a UK Wireless version -
> it's got a Wireless MAC address on the underside, etc).

Try opening up the Squeezebox and making sure the wifi card is properly
seated. It seems it can come loose during shipping sometimes.

--Jason

Jules Taplin
2004-06-10, 13:52
Aha. Excellent.

/me reaches for Torx Screwdrivers. And if anybody's listening on a
subsequent warranty claim... nobody saw nothing, right? ;)


-- Jules

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Holtzapple" <jasonholtzapple (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:45 PM
Subject: [slim] Wireless Squeezebox not giving wireless options


> Jules Taplin wrote:
> > Of the three... one of them simply assumes that it's connected to a
> > wired network, and gives me no option to connect over wireless. It's not
> > a shipping failure (the box identifies it as a UK Wireless version -
> > it's got a Wireless MAC address on the underside, etc).
>
> Try opening up the Squeezebox and making sure the wifi card is properly
> seated. It seems it can come loose during shipping sometimes.
>
> --Jason
>

Jules Taplin
2004-06-10, 13:59
Beatiful.

Not so much 'come loose' as 'dangling by it's antenna'. Curiously... looks
like there's supposed to be a couple of screws to retain it... but none
there in my case.

Right. Re-inserted, and it's working perfectly. Cheers Jason - you're a
star!


-- Jules

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jules Taplin" <slim-discuss (AT) ourhouse (DOT) org.uk>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:52 PM
Subject: [slim] Wireless Squeezebox not giving wireless options


> Aha. Excellent.
>
> /me reaches for Torx Screwdrivers. And if anybody's listening on a
> subsequent warranty claim... nobody saw nothing, right? ;)
>
>
> -- Jules
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jason Holtzapple" <jasonholtzapple (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>
> To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
> Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:45 PM
> Subject: [slim] Wireless Squeezebox not giving wireless options
>
>
> > Jules Taplin wrote:
> > > Of the three... one of them simply assumes that it's connected to a
> > > wired network, and gives me no option to connect over wireless. It's
not
> > > a shipping failure (the box identifies it as a UK Wireless version -
> > > it's got a Wireless MAC address on the underside, etc).
> >
> > Try opening up the Squeezebox and making sure the wifi card is properly
> > seated. It seems it can come loose during shipping sometimes.
> >
> > --Jason
> >