PDA

View Full Version : Home button

kidstypike
2009-07-14, 12:31
I've just purchased a backlit IR remote to replace the Boom remote, I use Lazy search a lot, and the Boom remote is of limited use. However I do find the Home button handy. Is there a similar way to get Home using one button press on the backlit remote, or can say the Sleep button be made to perform this function?

kidstypike

1 SB3
1 Duet
1 Boom
1 Clasic Touch (shortly)

Skunk
2009-07-14, 18:46
I don't have the Boom in front of me but it seems like I remember being able to press and hold the back button to go home. If that doesn't work you can do what you suggested by creating a custom IR mapping file (but you'll have to do a search for specific instructions).

maggior
2009-07-14, 19:43
1 Clasic Touch (shortly)

Is this wishful/positive thinking or do you know something? :-)

kidstypike
2009-07-15, 11:56
I don't have the Boom in front of me but it seems like I remember being able to press and hold the back button to go home. If that doesn't work you can do what you suggested by creating a custom IR mapping file (but you'll have to do a search for specific instructions).

Thanks Skunk, holding down the left < seems to do the trick, I hadn't thought of holding it down.

kidstypike
2009-07-15, 11:58
Is this wishful/positive thinking or do you know something? :-)

Sorry, just wishful thinking, have removed reference to Classic Touch fom sig. Hope it's not too long before I can put it back!