PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio Plugin 3.0

kbkonkle
2009-07-08, 10:29
I'm new to SqueezeCenter. My dad recently picked up the Squeezebox Duet. He has XM Radio for his truck and would like to listen to the channels via SqueezeCenter. I have been waiting for the newest version of the plugin since he has SqueezeCenter 7.3.2.

I installed the plugin per instructions and I see it in SqueezeCenter. I set the plugin settings and cycled the application. Unfortunately, the screen I get when I click on the XM Radio link does nothing. It only gives me a "log in" link. I can click on the link, but it does nothing.

I've made sure that he can log into xmradio.com and listen to music online. I'm not sure what I'm missing and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

wharfrat
2009-07-08, 13:51
Could be a setup or it could be XM is down when you tried it.

What message is displayed on the Duet Controller when you select the "Channels" menu or you select a channel to play? The message shows up briefly at the bottom of the screen when you click the menu.

Alternatively, can you check the server.log and post any relevant message?

Thanks,

kbkonkle
2009-07-09, 06:45
IIRC, the message says something to the effect of "No server found". I know that's not the exact message. XM Radio's web site was working at the time.

The problem is that I don't see any channels or even the XM Radio application in any form when I click on the XM Radio icon in SqueezeCenter. All I get is the "log in" link that does nothing.

Unfortunately, I forgot to check the logs.

I did not look at the duet controller while working on this. I figured I would need to get SqueezeCenter running on the computer before I messed with the controller.

I'll try to get you the log info.

wharfrat
2009-07-09, 09:54
The plugin needs to log in to XM to get the list of channels & presets. If the login fails, you'll see a blank controller screen and the error.

Check that you entered email and password correctly into settings - this is the email and password that you usually enter on the XM listen online page.

Error messages and their explanations are included in the wiki at http://code.google.com/p/xmradioplugin/

walterconklin
2009-07-09, 10:57
Hello,

I am a longtime XM user and am thinking about getting one of the Logitech Squeezebox units. I was wondering do I have to have my computer browser on the XM online page when I am listening to XM Radio on a Squeezebox unit.

Thanks for answering my question.

Sincerely,
Walter

wharfrat
2009-07-10, 05:44
Walter:

No you don't need to run a browser, instead your computer runs the Squeezecenter server in the background. The XM Online Plugin (installed in the server) emulates the browser going to the XM site and is controlled remotely by the Duet Controller, Boom menu, etc. You just need to configure your XM email and password into the plugin.

Hope this helps

barrygordon
2009-07-20, 10:23
I installed version 3.2 of the XM Radio plugin. Seems to have installed correctly on Squeezecenter 7.3.3

In plugins settings it requests my email id / password for XM online. That seems a little strange as that is not what I use to log into my XM online account. Needless to say that failed. What did work was my email address plus the password from my XM account not my XM online account as they are different.

It then accepted the login and told me that it could not get the channel data from XM radio.

Now for my major issue. I deal with Squeezecenter through the CLI interface using external PC based equipments over TCP/IP. If I put in the CLI request for radios which returns the list of Internat radio stations which should be the same as the list from the web browser, XM Radio Online is missing. The returned list starts with Staff picks and XM Radio online does not appear. That makes it unusable for me.

Where do I report bugs/issues with the XM radio plugin (If this is not the correct place)

wharfrat
2009-07-21, 08:32
Barry:

I couldn't include the XM Radio Plugin in the Internet Radios menu for the IR interface; I suspect this is the same problem for the CLI. The problem is the peculiar way that the Internet Radio menu builds where it assumes constituent plugins are based on the OPMLBased class. Options are:

a/ Re-write the XM Radio Online plugin to use the XML Browser (not going to happen by me)
b/ Replicate the code from OPML class necessary to satisfy its parent class (bad programming practice), or
c/ Put the XM Radio Online in the Extras menu.