PDA

View Full Version : squeezcenter not loading properly...connecting

blakelock
2009-07-06, 07:57
hi all,

my duet has worked very well for months with my computer and squezebox receiver connected wirelessly to a router. recently, i was having some problems connecting so i factory reset the controller and receiver and can now play internet content. however, i can't connect to my computer and the squeezecenter software never seems to finish loading up. when i double-click it (or left or right click it), i just get a context menu allowing me to exit or change startup option but the "starting squeezecenter" option is greyed out. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest squeezecenter but with the same results.

any ideas?

thanks,
blakelock

jrichardson
2009-07-06, 08:28
What OS version are you attempting to run SC on?

blakelock
2009-07-06, 10:56
What OS version are you attempting to run SC on?

i'm running winXP. SC had been running very well for quite a while. not sure why the sudden change. i did run a registry cleaning app called CCleaner before the problem started. although, i've run this several times in the past with no problem so i'm not sure if it's related.

also, after the factory reset of the controller and receiver, the controller downloaded and installed a firmware update. controller and receiver seem to work fine on squeezenetwork, but SC still having problems.

blakelock

jrichardson
2009-07-07, 13:29
If your not already on SC 7.3.3, upgrade to that

If you are on SC 7.3.3, then try deleteing the .DB files in your \\cache directory.

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter"
\\Cache
Squeeze*.db

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest calling Support, so they can diagnose the issue further.

blakelock
2009-07-08, 05:24
If you are on SC 7.3.3, then try deleteing the .DB files in your \\cache directory.

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter"
\\Cache
Squeeze*.db

thanks for the advice. i recently upgraded to 7.3.3. not sure if the upgrade caused the problems or not. i checked for the *.db files but had none to delete. i tried upgrading to version 7.3.4 but have the same problem.

i've read in other posts that downgrading to 7.3.2 might help solve this problem. i'll dowload it and try tonight.

kantblue
2009-07-08, 06:33
Hi Blakelock

In the past I've found it better to:

Uninstall my current version of Squeezecentre
Delete the Squeezecentre directory
Reboot the PC
Install the new version

Rather than upgrading the new version over the existing one. I had the problem you describe and this fixed it (for me!).

Hope this helps.
Kantblue

blakelock
2009-07-08, 07:48
In the past I've found it better to:

Uninstall my current version of Squeezecentre
Delete the Squeezecentre directory
Reboot the PC
Install the new version

thanks but i've done this. my procedure is to uninstall, run a registry cleaner (CCleaner) and reboot. there is no \program files\squeeze* directory after that and no squeeze* files or directories under "my documents". i then install the newer version. during install, it takes a long time (~10minutes) during a "configuring options and starting services" step but it does finally finish. the system tray icon appears but never seems to fully start the service. i reboot, and the problem persists.

jrichardson
2009-07-08, 09:48
thanks but i've done this. my procedure is to uninstall, run a registry cleaner (CCleaner) and reboot. there is no \program files\squeeze* directory after that and no squeeze* files or directories under "my documents". i then install the newer version. during install, it takes a long time (~10minutes) during a "configuring options and starting services" step but it does finally finish. the system tray icon appears but never seems to fully start the service. i reboot, and the problem persists.

Please contact support they can diagnose the problem further for you.