PDA

View Full Version : All work and no play...

OppfinnarJocke
2009-07-06, 04:46
... makes my Duet a dull ploy.

During my 10-day vacation my Duet was turned off. The SBC in its cradle. The SBR hooked up to the mains. When I left the house things were working fine, well... sort of acceptably.

Came home today, turned on the Duet and tried to tune in some internet radio through www.SqueezeNetwork.com, but I cannot get any sound out of the SBR.

The SBC has white icon, the SBR shows white icon when turned on. The SN web interface shows both SBC and SBR as attached devices. I can ping both units from my computer. From the SBC I can turn the SBR on and off. Everything looks fine. But I cannot get any sound out of the SBR. When I click on a radio channel (such as Radio Paradise) nothing happens. No play icon shows in the SBC lower tool bar, and no audio is produced. It seems the SBR simply refuses to play.

I tried the Extras > Sounds & Effects but none of those produce any audio or play icon.

I tried a factory reset but no change. I power cycled the SBR and it went through the correct sequence of LED colors, but no change; still no audio.

Any ideas, anyone?

OppfinnarJocke
2009-07-06, 13:59
OK, I did unplug the SBR earlier, but it seems I didn't wait long enough. Now I unplugged it and waited 45 minutes before plugging it in again, and that did the trick.

Strange... something got broken while the device was not in use...

aubuti
2009-07-06, 14:44
Strange... something got broken while the device was not in use...
Your Duet is clearly possessed. Is there a consulting exorcist in your vicinity?

OppfinnarJocke
2009-07-07, 00:50
Your Duet is clearly possessed. Is there a consulting exorcist in your vicinity?

I'll look around. Seems I could surely use one to drive the demons out :-)

bernt
2009-07-07, 01:33
I'll look around. Seems I could surely use one to drive the demons out :-)

http://www.computerexorcist.com/