PDA

View Full Version : Universal Remote Control from Lidl

Labarum
2009-07-02, 23:55
Lidl is a German cut price supermarket with many outlets in UK.

I see my local store (and I guess) many branches are selling a universal remote for about 5.

It is not the learning type - what, at that price!

I think the SB3 will respond to JVC codes. Am I right?

I can then use the SB remote ith the Boom in the kitchen for it's preset buttons, and the universal remote in the lounge where (hopefully) it will controlthe Virgin Cable Box, TV and SB3.

Is is worth a go?

Phil Leigh
2009-07-03, 00:14
Lidl is a German cut price supermarket with many outlets in UK.

I see my local store (and I guess) many branches are selling a universal remote for about 5.

It is not the learning type - what, at that price!

I think the SB3 will respond to JVC codes. Am I right?

I can then use the SB remote ith the Boom in the kitchen for it's preset buttons, and the universal remote in the lounge where (hopefully) it will controlthe Virgin Cable Box, TV and SB3.

Is is worth a go?

Brian - yes this should work - the SB's respond to JVC DVD player commands I believe. There is (or used to be?) a setting buried somwhere in SC to turn this on/off, but I believe it is on by default? - worth checking anyway.

Labarum
2009-07-03, 00:19
Brian - yes this should work - the SB's respond to JVC DVD player commands I believe. There is (or used to be?) a setting buried somwhere in SC to turn this on/off, but I believe it is on by default? - worth checking anyway.

Thanks, Phil.

Yesterday I spent quite a few hours listening to

Title: Radio Swiss Classic MP3 128
URL: xhttp://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s25582&Formats=mp3,wma,real&username=sampletime&PartnerId=16

(take the x out of the start of the URL. I put it there to stop the board software doing silly things)

It is remarkably good. I have higher bit streams which I do not rate as well.

It may depend on what DSP they apply before pushing the music out.