PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP Help Please

KMorgan
2009-06-28, 09:31
I've decided to give MusicIP a go. The trouble is when I scan my FLAC library (in which each album is in a single file/cue sheet) the whole album seems to be identified as a single song. The track number is always 2, the track title is indeed the 2nd one in the album, but the length is the whole album.

Any idea what is going on, and what I can do about it?

Ta, Keith

Siduhe
2009-06-28, 11:56
Not supported in MIP as far as I know. It was suggested as an enhancement, but never implemented.

http://forums.musicip.com/index.php?showtopic=1714

KMorgan
2009-06-28, 13:53
Thanks Siduhe, that's the end of that experiment then.

Keith

egd
2009-06-28, 17:56
I've decided to give MusicIP a go. The trouble is when I scan my FLAC library (in which each album is in a single file/cue sheet) the whole album seems to be identified as a single song. The track number is always 2, the track title is indeed the 2nd one in the album, but the length is the whole album.

Any idea what is going on, and what I can do about it?

Ta, Keith
Any particular reason you're sticking with a single flac/ cue per album? There are command line tools that can split and tag the lot for you using the data in the cuesheet. Converting your entire library would be fairly trivial.

KMorgan
2009-06-28, 23:12
Any particular reason you're sticking with a single flac/ cue per album?

egd

Nope. I'd be quite happy to do that. I would need to be spoon fed the technique though. Vista btw.

Tks

Keith

Philip Meyer
2009-06-29, 00:20
>Nope. I'd be quite happy to do that. I would need to be spoon fed the
>technique though. Vista btw.
Foobar 2000 does a good job of splitting into a separate file per track.

KMorgan
2009-06-29, 01:24
Philip

I've got Foobar so will have a look at that sometime. Tks

Keith