PDA

View Full Version : Controller just "lost it"

ncarver
2009-06-27, 22:43
Despite the numerous complaints one reads here, the Duet system has always worked flawlessly for me, aside from an occasional need to reboot controller. However, after using it heavily for a while just now, controller suddenly would bring up only the settings screen. Though it said it was connected to the wireless network still, it refused to find either the SC server or SqueezeNetwork. Rebooting it had no effect. Well that is a first! Receiver was going on playing away, and had no trouble reaching SC server from a wireless laptop. So, pretty much out of options, but for factory reset, so did that, and after re-entering the wireless' password, all was back to normal.

Was wondering about two things: (1) Is there anything else I didn't think of to try short of reset? (Did remove controller battery when powered off, and did reboot wireless access point, both without effect.) and (2) Hoping this is not a bad sign for the health of the controller. Seems odd to have this happen after using it for so long, and having had the same server/firmware since last Oct. Will give it a good workout tomorrow, and hope for the best.

jrichardson
2009-06-29, 10:23
What version of SC are you running

What version of Firmware is on your SBC

What router brand / model are you using

Jeff Flowerday
2009-06-29, 12:07
Despite the numerous complaints one reads here, the Duet system has always worked flawlessly for me, aside from an occasional need to reboot controller. However, after using it heavily for a while just now, controller suddenly would bring up only the settings screen. Though it said it was connected to the wireless network still, it refused to find either the SC server or SqueezeNetwork. Rebooting it had no effect. Well that is a first! Receiver was going on playing away, and had no trouble reaching SC server from a wireless laptop. So, pretty much out of options, but for factory reset, so did that, and after re-entering the wireless' password, all was back to normal.

Was wondering about two things: (1) Is there anything else I didn't think of to try short of reset? (Did remove controller battery when powered off, and did reboot wireless access point, both without effect.) and (2) Hoping this is not a bad sign for the health of the controller. Seems odd to have this happen after using it for so long, and having had the same server/firmware since last Oct. Will give it a good workout tomorrow, and hope for the best.

I've seen this happen a couple of times, once on my brother's and once on a friends. The only way to fix it was to do a factory reset.

ncarver
2009-06-30, 08:38
What version of SC are you running

What version of Firmware is on your SBC

What router brand / model are you using

7.2, r3191, and Dlink DIR-655

I realize this isn't the latest and greatest software/firmware, but it has been working nearly flawlessly since last September. Will upgrade at some point, but I see quite a few complaints about 7.3.3, so will wait a while.

I found it rather odd that after 9mos. it would suddenly hit a bug that rendered the controller unusable without a complete reset. Luckily, it appears there is no hardware failure, as the controller has been working fine since the reset.