PDA

View Full Version : Slim Services Squeezebox 3 Power Supply cutting out and getting hot

Declan Moriarty
2009-06-24, 04:14
I have a Slim Services Squeezebox 3 I bought on ebay in February and the power supply is getting hot and has started cutting out quickly. It more often than not will not work at all. It is a "UNIFIVE" power supply with Input Power: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.3A
Output Power: DC 5V 2A.

Is there a better power supply than this available in the UK? The idea of a hot power supply does not appeal. I have been unplugging it when not in use.

The Squeezebox works OK Thank God, it is only the power supply that is the problem.

Your help very much appreciated.

iPhone
2009-06-24, 09:05
I have a Slim Services Squeezebox 3 I bought on ebay in February and the power supply is getting hot and has started cutting out quickly. It more often than not will not work at all. It is a "UNIFIVE" power supply with Input Power: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.3A
Output Power: DC 5V 2A.

Is there a better power supply than this available in the UK? The idea of a hot power supply does not appeal. I have been unplugging it when not in use.

The Squeezebox works OK Thank God, it is only the power supply that is the problem.

Your help very much appreciated.

If it were me, I would order the OEM PS from Logitech. I also would unplug and throw out that PS you have before it does damage something. But that is just me.

Declan Moriarty
2009-06-25, 03:02
How do I get a modern SB3 (Classic) power supply the Logitech shop (priced in US $) doesn't have a Classic power supply for sale. I can get Boom, Reciever and Duet Remote power supplies but NOT Classic. However I can get a replacement Classic remote control and an IR Blaster kit. Is the Classic power supply the same as the Slim Devices SB3 power supply I currently have. Where are the specifications of the Reciever and Boom power supplies, ie. the input power and output power requirements? what are the plugs that go into the players like? Note I can also get an International Power Plate Kit that are the connectors for different mains leads arrount the world.

Thank you very much for your help so far.