PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Play Radio Station

yoyoma
2009-06-23, 22:48
I am unable to play any radio station on a sb classic or duet receiver. When I click play it turns to a pause button as if it were playing, but no sound comes out. However it does work when I use softsqueeze from my desktop computer. My sb log files are empty. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks.

bpa
2009-06-24, 00:01
If they can play local music but not web radio - your SB classic and receiver are probably not allowed direct access to internet possibly by router or bad network config in device (e.g. gateway address).

You can test this by changing for a player WebUI Settings/Player/Audio/MP3 Streaming Method - Proxied streaming. Check if an MP3 radio stream will now play on that player.

yoyoma
2009-06-24, 00:35
You can test this by changing for a player WebUI Settings/Player/Audio/MP3 Streaming Method - Proxied streaming. Check if an MP3 radio stream will now play on that player.

Yes, it works now using proxied streaming, thanks. Are there any directions on how to set one's router to allow direct streaming, or should I just forget about and stick with proxied streaming? Thanks.

bpa
2009-06-24, 00:58
Are there any directions on how to set one's router to allow direct streaming, or should I just forget about and stick with proxied streaming? Thanks.

Each router is different but generally security section of router manual is place to start - something to do with preventing access to internet or WAN.

It advisable to fix your network rather than have to use "Proxied streaming" all the time as it may be indicative of other network problems. The main drawback is that your player cannot use Squeezenetwork unless your PC is on but if you're happy with current situation spend your time listening to music rather than configuring your router.