PDA

View Full Version : I Challange all bright plugin authors to make the this ultimate plugin, can YOU?

DiSNEYN
2009-06-22, 14:52
I have a problem. Many mornings when I am to tired to wake up från bed and i just power off the slimp3 with the remote. I whis i had a plugin that challanged me with a few simple math tasks to solve in order to shut off the alarm.

Just like the Google Labs Drunk Challange (to prevent sending drunk-mails to your boss, friends, girlfriend. etc)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/07/gmails-drunk-emailing-pro_n_132680.html

They call it Gmail Googles.

Is Squeezebox hardware/software capable to display a simple math task like this:

10 + 5 =
20 x 3 =
40 - 20 =

The user should have a option to select how many / maybe select himself what math task, enter his own numbers. Optional.

The option to lock the volume is also an recommended function to make it impossible to turn the down the volume that way until the problem is solved.

Can SOMEONE here make this? It shouldn't be to hard to make i think (if you know Squeezebox coding..)

I hope that someone will try to make a plugin for this..

Sleepy Hans from Sweden

peterw
2009-06-22, 21:23
Interesting. A while back I was thinking about a "child lock" plugin for my Boom (so my young child wouldn't fiddle with its buttons). I figured on a PIN rather than a math problem, but the idea was to ignore all button presses until / unless the correct PIN was entered. Since the Boom is in my guest room, a math problem would make more sense than a PIN. :-) Conceptually, your suggestion would be just a little bit more difficult. The plugin could use the addDispatch API to intercept all "ir" commands; when locked, it would look for the PIN or answer and not pass any button presses along to other SqueezeCenter functions until unlocked. For the alarm scenario, it could listen for alarm notification events and "lock" the player once an alarm sounds, staying locked for something like an hour until / unless manually unlocked. This would only work with the IR remote, or front panel buttons (as for Boom, Receiver, and Transporter) -- locking a Controller would take additional work, possibly requiring a Lua applet running on the Controller itself.

I never did any work toward implementing this. At some point I modified my VolumeLock plugin to enable setting a maximum volume, so now I merely have a max volume set on the guest room Boom. I've saved the Boom settings (with SettingsManager), so about the worst my kid can do is turn on music at low-to-moderate volumes. So I'm not terribly motivated to build anything better. But this is a very feasible idea.

-Peter

dean
2009-06-23, 07:20
Excellent ideas! Anybody want to take a crack at them?

DiSNEYN
2009-06-24, 06:27
Excellent ideas! Anybody want to take a crack at them?

Anyone? I don't have the programming skills to make the plugin myself.

Dean, don't you have some colleagues that have that skills?

It would be such a cool plugin.

/Hans, whising for the best.

DiSNEYN
2009-06-25, 00:49
Anyone? I don't have the programming skills to make the plugin myself.

Dean, don't you have some colleagues that have that skills?

It would be such a cool plugin.

/Hans, whising for the best.

It happending again this morning. I'm in desperete need for someone to make this plugin, before i will sleepover again! :-)

/Hans