PDA

View Full Version : Way to list all Albums Mac OSX.

dgmachine
2009-06-21, 05:41
Hi all,
I've spent quite a long time trying to find a solution to being able to list every album I have in my FLAC collection from Squeezecenter.
I've seen there is a plugin ACC for windows.
The FLAC's are all arranged in folders ARTIST/ALBUM...

Any easy way to create an ARTIST / ALBUM alphabetical list on OSX?

thanks in advance.

dgmachine.

aubuti
2009-06-21, 08:53
Welcome to the forums. One more piece of information would really help answer your question: where are you trying to see the list? In the SqueezeCenter web interface and the SB Duet Controller you should be able to get a list sorted by Artist / Album if you browse your library by Album.

In the SC web ui, go to Music Library > Albums. Then in the lower left corner of the left pane, use the drop-down menu, and under Sort by... choose "Artist, Album" (or my favorite, "Artist, Year, Album").

On the SBC, use Home > Settings > Advanced > Albums Sort Method.

If you're talking about the VFD player display on a SB3 (aka Classic), SB2, or similar I don't think there is an easy way to sort albums by artist. The albums list is alphabetical by album title only. If this is what you are looking for there is a workaround using the ALBUMSORT tag.

Note that there is absolutely nothing special about OSX on this. It's the same for Windows and Linux.

sebp
2009-06-21, 10:15
I think dgmachine is talking about Album Catalog Creator, which is only available on Windows, and has no Mac or Unices equivalent (AFAIK).

aubuti
2009-06-21, 10:27
I think dgmachine is talking about Album Catalog Creator, which is only available on Windows, and has no Mac or Unices equivalent (AFAIK).
Whoops, I think you're right. Never mind. ;o)

dgmachine
2009-06-21, 15:35
Yes Sebp -
I'd like a way to make a print of it or Excel spreadsheet - I suppose I could cut and paste it out of the SC list...
No other more elegant solutions from anyone?

thanks again.

sebp
2009-06-21, 15:47
None that I know of.

But that's one of my needs, too.
Maybe I'll try to code a plugin for SC one day or another.