PDA

View Full Version : New FW, great expectations...

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-21, 04:17
Recently my Duet upgraded to new FW. This went smoothly and now the controller runs Jive/7.3 r6038 and the player version 62.

Great expectations! "Now they've finally made the system reliable, and it will be so great", was my hope.

Alas, no such luck. All the issues with the controller and its wireless connection are still there. Currently, squeezenetwork.com lists my controller as "connected", but the controller seems totally unaware of being connected to SqueezeNetwork. It claims unable to connect. I have to manage the stream through the web interface, which works but sort of makes the controller superfluous. Streaming to the player works, but the controller is only good as an alarm clock...

Has anything really changed but the version numbers? Not noticeable for me...

BastiaanR
2009-06-21, 04:43
Recently my Duet upgraded to new FW. This went smoothly and now the controller runs Jive/7.3 r6038 and the player version 62.

Great expectations! "Now they've finally made the system reliable, and it will be so great", was my hope.

Alas, no such luck. All the issues with the controller and its wireless connection are still there. Currently, squeezenetwork.com lists my controller as "connected", but the controller seems totally unaware of being connected to SqueezeNetwork. It claims unable to connect. I have to manage the stream through the web interface, which works but sort of makes the controller superfluous. Streaming to the player works, but the controller is only good as an alarm clock...

Please open SC, then go to Settings, then tab "Stats" or "Information". Please paste the information regarding SqueezeCenter and your Squeezebox.

Please attach a copy of your Controller log file:
- create a folder called "log" in the root of the SD Card,
- place the SD Card in the slot of the Controller (behind the battery)
- reset the Controller (Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset), and the Receiver (press the button for 7 - 12 seconds)
- now go through the Setup

Try to connect the Receiver and Controller. Once connected, play with the Controller (select a few songs, advance etc.).

If things still don't work, look in the "log" folder and copy he file called "messages" and attach it here (or PM it to me).

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-21, 14:02
Please open SC, then go to Settings, then tab "Stats" or "Information". Please paste the information regarding SqueezeCenter and your Squeezebox.

Not using SC, only SN (as mentioned).

A few restarts of SBC and it is working fine again, until the next time the connectivity issues start.

The issues with the SBCs connectivity problems are well-known and have been reported in numerous posts on this forum. The next time the issues arise, probably tomorrow, I may bother to go through the procedure you suggest. Thanks.

judkins
2009-06-22, 00:17
Not sure whether this helps in your case too, but I had significant problems getting my duet to run stable, even with the latest release of the firmware now. I tried everything that was posted as possible solutions, nothing worked. I then had a closer look at my wireless settings and other WLAN's within reach. I changed the channel my WLAN access point uses from 6 to 1 as no neighbours where using this channel. I now have three WLAN access points two duet controllers and 3 receivers, they run with no problem for three days now which I never managed before.

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-22, 05:02
Not sure whether this helps in your case too, but I had significant problems getting my duet to run stable, even with the latest release of the firmware now. I tried everything that was posted as possible solutions, nothing worked. I then had a closer look at my wireless settings and other WLAN's within reach. I changed the channel my WLAN access point uses from 6 to 1 as no neighbours where using this channel. I now have three WLAN access points two duet controllers and 3 receivers, they run with no problem for three days now which I never managed before.

Yes, Logitech support gave me the same advice. I have tested all the channels and not noticed any stability improvements on either of them. Closest neighbor is 20 meters away and has no WLAN (this I know since I manage his computer). So it's not an interference problem.

The SBC has connection problems, it works ok for hours, sometimes days, and then I have to restart it several times to get it to reconnect (to SN) properly. Maybe the problems are HW related I don't know, but Logitech support has certainly been no help. The player works fine, though, and I manage the stream through the SN web-interface from my laptop, but it's not the way expected it to be...

Thanks.

kantblue
2009-06-22, 07:10
Hi OppfinnarJocke

How are you connecting the controller to the receiver when you first setup. Eg are you connecting through your wireless router or using the Receivers built in wireless?

What make is your wireless router, and does it have the latest firmware? I had various problems with a wireless Buffalo router which went away after a firmware upgrade.

kantblue

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-22, 13:04
Hi OppfinnarJocke

How are you connecting the controller to the receiver when you first setup. Eg are you connecting through your wireless router or using the Receivers built in wireless?

What make is your wireless router, and does it have the latest firmware? I had various problems with a wireless Buffalo router which went away after a firmware upgrade.

kantblue

Netgear WGR614v9 router with the latest FW.

"the Receivers built in wireless"? Never heard of this... are you talking about cable connected receiver, and that it should be possible to connect the controller through this? Is it more reliable than connecting through wireless router? My receiver connects wirelessly to the same router, and it is steady as a rock (almost). Maybe wiring it up could fix the problem with the controller...

aubuti
2009-06-22, 13:19
Netgear WGR614v9 router with the latest FW.

"the Receivers built in wireless"? Never heard of this... are you talking about cable connected receiver, and that it should be possible to connect the controller through this? Is it more reliable than connecting through wireless router? My receiver connects wirelessly to the same router, and it is steady as a rock (almost). Maybe wiring it up could fix the problem with the controller...
It's what the Duet User's Guide (p. 16) calls Bridged Network Configuration. It's designed for people who don't have a wireless network to connect the SBC via an ad hoc connection to the SBR. Obviously that's not your situation, but considering the problems you are having it might be worth a try. Note that to get the SBR running over ethernet you must re-run the setup routine after plugging in the ethernet cable. The SBR does not automatically switch over to wired like the SB2 and SB3 (and Boom?) do.

But *before* doing that I'd recommend looking at the SBC log files as suggested earlier. The recent fw upgrade cleared up connectivity problems for a lot of users (as reported in numerous posts on the forum), but since something still isn't working for you then the logs are the best place to try to understand exactly what is going on.

kantblue
2009-06-22, 13:31
Hi OppfinnarJocke and aubuti

I was actually thinking that OppfinnarJocke might have set it up in the bridged mode and that this might be the cause of the problem? Normally bridged mode is less reliable than hybrid mode as the receivers wireless range is less IMHO.

OppfinnarJocke, when you first setup the Controller Duet, did you select 'Other Wireless Network' when first setting up or did you select the 'Squeezebox_XXXX' option?

As Aubuti says, whichever one you setup the first time, it might be worth trying the other setup option.

kantblue

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-23, 01:06
It's what the Duet User's Guide (p. 16) calls Bridged Network Configuration.

Aha! So that's bridged mode... I never grokked that fully.

But *before* doing that I'd recommend looking at the SBC log files as suggested earlier. The recent fw upgrade cleared up connectivity problems for a lot of users (as reported in numerous posts on the forum), but since something still isn't working for you then the logs are the best place to try to understand exactly what is going on.

OK, great, I'll go through the logging procedure. I think I have an SD card or two lying around. Any specific size (GB-wise, that is) preferred over another? I guess "as many GBs as possible", or...?

Thanks all.

aubuti
2009-06-23, 06:23
Any specific size (GB-wise, that is) preferred over another? I guess "as many GBs as possible", or...?
I'm pretty sure it supports SDHC, so big ( > 2GB) should be okay. If you're not sure it's working, you can run it for a little while, then stop it and take a look to see if it's writing to the log directory. I don't imagine you'll be generating GBs of log file, but if the problem is intermittent it might need to grow for a while before you run into a problem.

amatala
2009-06-23, 07:59

Well same here - actually I think that r6038 is a cumulative update including all bugs present in previous versions:

- navigation problems - sometimes screen won't move to the right unless I come back all the way to the left first

- more navigation problems - list of albums is empty for some artists. The only way to fix it is to reboot the controller and then all is fine for a (short) while

- controller randomly wakes up the PC running the SqueezeCenter - this is an older problem which never occurred for me in 3993 - now it's back. Solution? Guess what? Reboot the Controller!

- and a new one - Controller shuts down by itself even when batter is full - turn it on and it works again...

Since the upgrade 4 days ago I had to reboot the Controller at least once a day... It's unbelievable how hard it seems to be to get this crappy firmware right after so many hundreds of releases - and I'm not talking about advanced functionality here - only basic usability features...

I use the Controller together with my 2 SB3s - whenever it starts acting on me I put the Controller back in its cradle and pick up my SB3 remote until I calm down a bit - using the Controller can prove to be a highly frustrating experience...

jrichardson
2009-06-23, 11:18
Since the upgrade 4 days ago I had to reboot the Controller at least once a day... It's unbelievable how hard it seems to be to get this crappy firmware right after so many hundreds of releases - and I'm not talking about advanced functionality here - only basic usability features...

I use the Controller together with my 2 SB3s - whenever it starts acting on me I put the Controller back in its cradle and pick up my SB3 remote until I calm down a bit - using the Controller can prove to be a highly frustrating experience...

Please do a Factory Reset on your SBC, then walk through the Setup Wizard again.

IF that doesn't clear up your "basic usability" issues, then please contact Support and have them help you with any unresolved issues.

egd
2009-06-23, 12:27

I use the Controller together with my 2 SB3s - whenever it starts acting on me I put the Controller back in its cradle and pick up my SB3 remote until I calm down a bit - using the Controller can prove to be a highly frustrating experience...I think the long, tall and short of it is the Controller is not fit for purpose, period. I have two Duets and use neither. Do yourself a favour, get iPeng for the iPhone or iPod Touch - it's worlds apart from your Controller experience.

86atc250r
2009-06-23, 14:55
I disagree entirely.

I have two SBC's at two different locations. Both work practically flawlessly and have since the beginning (I've owned one of the first retail units for over a year now & continue to use it daily).

Perhaps the SBC is more sensitive to poor network gear or bad configuration, perhaps not --- but personally, if there were some basic flaw in the system itself there would not be success stories like mine or the numerous others out there who don't complain on the forum, which leads one to believe that in the case of people having trouble, something else is going on. Very likely related to their network or hardware...

ghostrider
2009-06-23, 16:01
I wonder if it's the controller or the receiver. I have a standalone controller and a Transporter, a Boom and a SB3. I never have any issues with my setup. I don't however, dink around with beta functions or nightly releases.

amatala
2009-06-23, 22:36
Please do a Factory Reset on your SBC, then walk through the Setup Wizard again.

IF that doesn't clear up your "basic usability" issues, then please contact Support and have them help you with any unresolved issues.

I really don't feel like doing a factory reset. All my network settings are manual - it was the only way I could get a relatively stable wireless connection. I don't want to go through the whole setup process again.
Anyway - any decent product can be upgraded without losing the user settings - if I have to do a factory reset in order to have an upgrade working properly I'll really give up on using the Controller.

By the way yesterday I got a new problem - my Settings menu became empty - all items under Settings were gone. Tried to go up and down the menu a few times but never got them back... Rebooted the Controller and they were all back. Excellent product!

I tried to downgrade back to 3993 and it worked but after the first reboot it upgraded itself again without any prompt. This thing is really wearing down my patience...

amatala
2009-06-23, 22:39
I think the long, tall and short of it is the Controller is not fit for purpose, period. I have two Duets and use neither. Do yourself a favour, get iPeng for the iPhone or iPod Touch - it's worlds apart from your Controller experience.

Yes - after the past few days I'm looking more and more for alternatives...
Thanks!

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-24, 00:19
I don't however, dink around with beta functions or nightly releases.

Me neither, never touch the stuff. I don't even use SC only SN. But my SBC has loads and loads of connection problems... Yesterday evening putting it in the dock everything was fine (finally, after two factory resets). This morning picking it up, it had lost connection, gave me only the "Settings" and "Try Again" menu alternatives. Had to restart it to get it functional. And this goes on and on. New FW, no improvement that I can see...

Netgear router WGR614v9
Wooden house, SBC in same room as router
SBC SNR: ~40, Tx Rate: 54
No neighbours (closest 20 meters away)
Static IP for all devices

ghostrider
2009-06-24, 05:33
Me neither, never touch the stuff. I don't even use SC only SN. But my SBC has loads and loads of connection problems... Yesterday evening putting it in the dock everything was fine (finally, after two factory resets). This morning picking it up, it had lost connection, gave me only the "Settings" and "Try Again" menu alternatives. Had to restart it to get it functional. And this goes on and on. New FW, no improvement that I can see...

Netgear router WGR614v9
Wooden house, SBC in same room as router
SBC SNR: ~40, Tx Rate: 54
No neighbours (closest 20 meters away)
Static IP for all devices

Yeah, I know it must be frustrating. I tried 7.3 when it first came out but it made the controller a bit sluggish. It worked but was slow completing commands. After about 30 minutes I backed off to 7.2 and haven't tried to upgrade yet. I didn't need the enhancements and the user complaints turned me off. My Boom is connected to SN all the time but since my controller is not defined as a player, I assume that is why SN does not force a firmware upgrade. Good luck!

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-24, 08:43
My Boom is connected to SN all the time but since my controller is not defined as a player, I assume that is why SN does not force a firmware upgrade.

Mine is not defined as a player, either... I assume you mean Settings > Advanced > Audio Playback > Enable Playback (BETA); this is not enabled for my controller. So I guess the automatic update to 7.3r6036 does not depend on that. Anyway, I see no improvement, but I seem no worse off either, so I'll just let it be.

The playback ability will never be enabled on my SBC, I have enough problems as it is, and have always had...

Again this afternoon... the SBC has been in its dock all day. When I left home this morning it worked ok (after the morning procedure, see above). Now that I come home from work, blue icon, refusing to connect to SN. Had to restart to get it working.

I had high hopes. Logitech did not deliver...

Good luck!

Thanks, I need it :-)

jrichardson
2009-06-24, 08:45
Again this afternoon... the SBC has been in its dock all day. When I left home this morning it worked ok (after the morning procedure, see above). Now that I come home from work, blue icon, refusing to connect to SN. Had to restart to get it working.

I had high hopes. Logitech did not deliver...

OppfinnarJocke: I'm still waiting for the SBC Log File. You may have a bad controller, but I need the log file to be sure. Please, send me the log file so we can come to a resolution to your issues.

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-24, 11:03
OppfinnarJocke: I'm still waiting for the SBC Log File. You may have a bad controller, but I need the log file to be sure. Please, send me the log file so we can come to a resolution to your issues.

I did put in a FAT32 formatted 4GB SD card (Transcend) with a dir named "log" in the root. I did factory reset (twice!). All as mentioned by BastiaanR (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=433985&postcount=2). But there has not been generated anything in that dir. It is empty...

What do I have to do besides what I've already done?

And the card is not locked, I just formatted it. FAT this time.

jrichardson
2009-06-24, 13:45
What OS are you using to format the SD card?
Is it a standard SD or SDHC? The controller doesn't support SDHC

Fat or Fat32 will work, and you have the DIR name correct at (all lower case) log

Make sure you Power Down the SBC, just don't remove the battery while the unit is on. That can and will corrupt the SD card. Press and hold the home button until the unit powers off. Then remove the battery, insert the SD card, replace the battery

Once you have the error condition, power down the SBC (home button) remove the batter, remove the SD card and check it for a messages file in the \log folder

amatala
2009-06-24, 14:56
Eventually got sick of it and did a factory reset - but no joy - it's as bad as before.
Most annoying is the fact that it keeps on waking up the PC running SqueezeCenter every day now... I put the PC in standby mode and Controller wakes it up. If I reboot the Controller than it's OK for a few hours and then it wakes it up again.

So now I have to keep the Controller turned off all the time when I don't play music... which was needed anyway because if I leave the Controller in standby in its cradle most of the time when I pick it up it won't connect to SqueezeCenter...

I don't understand how Logitech can release such a bad firmware version which does not work at all... I mean 3993 used to have problems but most of the time I could get around them without rebooting the Controller. After the upgrade I have to reboot every 2-3 hours to keep the Controller working... Very sad and disappointing...

jrichardson
2009-06-24, 15:11
Most annoying is the fact that it keeps on waking up the PC running SqueezeCenter every day now... I put the PC in standby mode and Controller wakes it up. If I reboot the Controller than it's OK for a few hours and then it wakes it up again.

In SqueezeCenter disable Prevent System Standby: Settings > Advanced > Plugins; un-check Windows Prevent System Standby

Does that change the behavior?

Disable System Level WOL: This is controlled from your systems NIC card, see this article on how to disable the WOL feature: https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WOL

So now I have to keep the Controller turned off all the time when I don't play music... which was needed anyway because if I leave the Controller in standby in its cradle most of the time when I pick it up it won't connect to SqueezeCenter...

Turn off Wireless Power Save; on the SBC go to Settings > Advanced > Factory Test > Power Management; un-check Wireless Power Save

Enable STATIC IP from your router: in the router, you will want to set a Static IP address for the SBC

----
Like I told OppfinnarJocke, get me a LOG file from your controller, that will help me diagnose the issue faster then what you have said in this forum thread so far.
----

As a last resort, you may want to try CALLING technical support, believe it or not, they really can help people diagnose and trouble shoot errors. If not, then they can escalate the issue to QA where we can investigate and fix them.

SBC r6038 is light years ahead of r3993. Many people now using that firmware do not have an issue.

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-24, 17:53
What OS are you using to format the SD card?
Is it a standard SD or SDHC? The controller doesn't support SDHC

It's a Transcend 133x SD Card 4GB (http://www.gadgetsquick.co.uk/transcend-133x-sd-card-4gb-p-658.html) not SDHC as far as I know. Formatted under XP.

Fat or Fat32 will work, and you have the DIR name correct at (all lower case) log

Now FAT, and the dir name is log, all lower case, yes.

Make sure you Power Down the SBC, just don't remove the battery while the unit is on. That can and will corrupt the SD card. Press and hold the home button until the unit powers off. Then remove the battery, insert the SD card, replace the battery
Yes. I did just that, powered off, took out the battery, put in the SD card, replaced the battery, powered on, factory reset (x 2). Now I've inserted the card but not done factory (see below).

Once you have the error condition, power down the SBC (home button) remove the batter, remove the SD card and check it for a messages file in the \log folder

OK, will do. But... I did set a fixed IP address, as described here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=64647&page=2 and the SBC sure feels "snappier" and more "alive". Picking it up immediately shows the Now Playing screen. This it did not do before, I always had to wait some time. Same with taking it out of the cradle. Sure, it's only been a few hours but I have great hopes right now. I've inserted the SD card but did not do a factory reset. If it starts misbehaving I'll do that, but at the moment I'm satisfied with the fixed IP address. Tomorrow will tell...

aubuti
2009-06-24, 18:53
The controller doesn't support SDHC
Hmm, that would mean that a lot of the information on this wiki page (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/ControllerSDCards) and other postings by various forums members are wrong.

amatala
2009-06-24, 22:54
In SqueezeCenter disable Prevent System Standby: Settings > Advanced > Plugins; un-check Windows Prevent System Standby

Disable System Level WOL: This is controlled from your systems NIC card, see this article on how to disable the WOL feature: https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WOL

Turn off Wireless Power Save; on the SBC go to Settings > Advanced > Factory Test > Power Management; un-check Wireless Power Save

Enable STATIC IP from your router: in the router, you will want to set a Static IP address for the SBC

----
Like I told OppfinnarJocke, get me a LOG file from your controller, that will help me diagnose the issue faster then what you have said in this forum thread so far.
----

As a last resort, you may want to try CALLING technical support, believe it or not, they really can help people diagnose and trouble shoot errors. If not, then they can escalate the issue to QA where we can investigate and fix them.

SBC r6038 is light years ahead of r3993. Many people now using that firmware do not have an issue.

Hi James,

Thanks for the response.

I already use a static IP and Wireless Power Save is turned off - without this my Controller loses network connection all the time, so I had to set these months ago.

Windows Prevent System Standby is unchecked on the SqueezeCenter - my system is not configured for automatic standby so I don't need this.

As for WOL I don't want to turn it off - my SqueezeCenter runs on a dedicated PC which has to wake up when I turn on any of my 2 SB3s. My whole setup relies on WOL and on the ServerPowerControl plugin in order to start up and shutdown the server directly from the SB3s. However this has never been a problem with 3993 - I had a couple of cases with an older 34xx firmware when it happened a couple of times for the Controller to wake up the PC, but with 3993 when I put the PC in standby via the SB3 it always remained in standby until I turned on my SB3 again...

jrichardson
2009-06-25, 07:23
Hmm, that would mean that a lot of the information on this wiki page (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/ControllerSDCards) and other postings by various forums members are wrong.

err.. Thanks Aubuti for pointing that out. It would appear that the card I was using got corrupted.

amatala
2009-06-25, 14:30

Well r6038 might be light years ahead of r3993 but it didn't work at all for me. After multiple problems and reboots I got tired of it and went back to r3993. Now everything works fine again all problems introduced by the upgrade to r6038 are gone.
I'm really happy that the Controller does not wake up my PC any more... after a short but very painful experience with r6038 I get to appreciate the simple joys of life again...

OppfinnarJocke
2009-06-25, 14:52
Seems I spoke too soon...
Now I have the blue icon on the SBC and it lists a previous song as Now Playing. SqueezeNetwork.com shows the correct thing, though.

Ok, white icon now on the BC, but still stuck showing a previous song as Now Playing...

SBC is connected to the router with its static IP. Logging in to the router I can see that. So the SBC must have problems now connecting to SN. Clicking Now Playing, the SBC says Connecting to SqueezeNetwork, icon flashes blue then white, still Now Playing is stuck on an old song.

I turned the SBC off. Take the SD out. The "log" dir again empty. Nothing, nada...

Stream continues, no problem. SN web interface works fine, shows correct song playing.

Put the card and battery back in the SBC. It turns on, connects and shows correct Now Playing. Something's rotten, and it's not Johnny and it's not only in the state of Denmark.

BastiaanR
2009-06-25, 19:36
I did put in a FAT32 formatted 4GB SD card (Transcend) with a dir named "log" in the root. I did factory reset (twice!). All as mentioned by BastiaanR (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=433985&postcount=2). But there has not been generated anything in that dir. It is empty...

On older firmwares I believe you also have to enable logging: Settings > Advanced > Logging > Enable.

OppfinnarJocke
2009-07-06, 04:08
On older firmwares I believe you also have to enable logging: Settings > Advanced > Logging > Enable.

No such option on my controller. FW 7.3r6038
Still no log file in the log dir...

jrichardson
2009-07-07, 14:14

This means that the Controller can't read the SD card inserted.

Please try another card, formatted as FAT 32

OppfinnarJocke
2009-07-08, 00:59
This means that the Controller can't read the SD card inserted.

Please try another card, formatted as FAT 32

The card (Transcend 133x SD Card 4GB (http://www.gadgetsquick.co.uk/transcend-133x-sd-card-4gb-p-658.html)) is read, written and formatted (FAT32) fine by my XP laptop.

I'll see if I can get hold of an another unused SD card, but what could really be the problem with this particular card? It can be inserted only one way, right? I noticed that it does not "click" into place, like the SD card does in my camera, should it?

BastiaanR
2009-07-08, 01:07

In r6038 logging is enabled automatically if, in the root of the SD Card there is a folder called "log". Note the name of the folder is "log", and not "logs" and not "Logs" and not "LOGS". I just noticed that earlier in the thread this was mentioned before.

andynormancx
2009-07-08, 01:09
It can be inserted only one way, right? I noticed that it does not "click" into place, like the SD card does in my camera, should it?
Yes it can only be inserted one way and no it doesn't click into place (it isn't one of those spring loaded SD slots). If you can get the battery back in then the SD card is correctly inserted.

OppfinnarJocke
2009-07-08, 12:14
OK, I couldn't find another empty SD card right now, so I did it all over again with the same 4GB card. Used XP to format it FAT32, created a dir in the root, named "log". Do I really need to do a factory reset again? Been so many lately...

One strange thing noted. Viewing the properties of the log-dir, I see that the "Read Only" checkbox is checked by a gray check mark. Unchecking is possible, but after Ok the properties again show the same gray checkmark for Read Only. Is this the way it should be? Could this be the problem?

In the command window, "F:> attrib log", shows no attributes for the log-dir. And doing "F:> attrib -r log" does not change anything.

EDIT: Just found out (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=505023&hl=read+only+folder) that the grayed checkmark for the read only attribute on folders is a windows anomaly that really means nothing. There is no read-only attrib set for the log-dir, so this should not be the problem.

FitzAusTex
2009-07-09, 08:47
Not sure what to make of this annoying issue...if it is network issue, or something else...when playing a Slacker station via Squeeze Network for "a while" (sometimes 20 mins, sometimes 3 hours), my SBC/Duet will stop playing even though it is displaying a song. The song time remaining shows 59:59, or something similar. This also sometimes happens with Pandora, but far less than Slacker. When I push the select button on the song displayed instead of getting the normal Slacker menu options, I see the song displayed repeatedly. Not sure if this is related, but for some reason, the SBC will not allow me to change the "Repeat" from "Playlist" to "Off" for Slacker - it just immediately changes back to "Playlist". It does not act this way for Pandora - I can turn Repeat to "Off" and it sticks. I'm also really not sure what "Repeat" is even for when it comes to Slacker, or Pandora...

Anyone else have this issue with the time remaining being 59:59, and is there a solution to prevent it from happening?

My SBC is vsn 7.3 r6038 and Duet Receiver is FW 62.

maggior
2009-07-09, 10:22
Anyone else have this issue with the time remaining being 59:59, and is there a solution to prevent it from happening?

My SBC is vsn 7.3 r6038 and Duet Receiver is FW 62.

I see this occasionally on my SBC when a song from my own library completes. It occurs infrequently enough that I ignore it. I never had this problem with prior versions (7.2.1) unless I was using the SBC on my deck and was clearly on outer limits of my WiFi range.