PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Volume adjustment data compared to Foobar

rjay
2009-06-20, 11:28
Since upgrading to SqueezeCenter 7.3 from 6.5 I have a big problem with my MP3's: the "volume adjustment" data in SC is totally wrong. For example, on one album the first track is -2.18db in Foobar (& Media Monkey) but in SC it's -35.2db !! Another track is -0.98db in Foobar but +31db in SC !!!?? That one almost blew my speakers, not to mention my eardrums.

These files gave no problems in 6.5 and I haven't got a clue what is happening here ... any ideas ?

Phil Leigh
2009-06-20, 13:51
Since upgrading to SqueezeCenter 7.3 from 6.5 I have a big problem with my MP3's: the "volume adjustment" data in SC is totally wrong. For example, on one album the first track is -2.18db in Foobar (& Media Monkey) but in SC it's -35.2db !! Another track is -0.98db in Foobar but +31db in SC !!!?? That one almost blew my speakers, not to mention my eardrums.

These files gave no problems in 6.5 and I haven't got a clue what is happening here ... any ideas ?

Do you mean Replaygain? - the data is in the tags in your files, not in SC.
How did you set the Replaygain tags?
Probably best if you use Foobar to recalculate and reset the Replaygain tags in your files.

rjay
2009-06-20, 15:06
In SC it's referred to as 'volume adjustment' but I presume it is reading the replay gain data.

But if that is the case, why the huge discrepancy between what Foobar reports and what SC reports ?

aubuti
2009-06-20, 15:34
In SC it's referred to as 'volume adjustment' but I presume it is reading the replay gain data.

But if that is the case, why the huge discrepancy between what Foobar reports and what SC reports ?
Makes sense to me to start at the source: what do your replaygain tags say? Look at them in a decent tag editor such as mp3tag.

I vaguely recall a bug in SC whereby if normal RG tags and iTunes' volume normalization tags (I forget exactly what they're called) are _both_ present on a track that SC will do strange things. Do you have any of those iTunes tags?