PDA

View Full Version : 7.3.3 Upgrade fails in Vista 64 Ultimate

pablolie
2009-06-20, 09:15
Currently uninstallling SC to try to re-isntall from scratch.

Some file protection issue around SC 7.3.2.

Not good.

pablolie
2009-06-20, 09:21
Only a complete uninstall and reinstall yielded success. Of course it means losing all of one's preferences, which with 5+ players is a bit of a pita...

I ought to note the re-install from scratch "forgets" to ask the user where the music and playlists are - it just points to default directories.

pablolie
2009-06-20, 09:26
...and I am having Pandora issues - connection timeouts.

pablolie
2009-06-20, 09:55
The Pandora error -which weirdly enough only seemed to affect the SBoom- was related to *both* SBooms not being able to find the SqueezeNetwork address. Odd because connectivity was there, and the SB3 did find it. After fighting a little bit it has mysteriously gone away the the SBoom get along with Pandora again.

dean
2009-06-21, 09:17
Can you post some more details about the problem that you saw? Were there error messages? What was the specific behavior?

Bertradio
2009-06-21, 15:42
Currently uninstallling SC to try to re-isntall from scratch.

Some file protection issue around SC 7.3.2.

Not good.

I upgraded today on a PC with Vista 64 Ultimate: Not a single problem.
So, it its possible....

pablolie
2009-06-23, 06:31
I upgraded today on a PC with Vista 64 Ultimate: Not a single problem.
So, it its possible....

It is working now.

I assume it had to do with me not having restarted the computer in over 2 weeks, or perhaps with the fact I had not had to re-install SC from scratch in about a year. Eventually something goes on somewhere.

I am surprised because it kept my "new music" despite re-installing from scratch. If I remember correctly, in the past it obliterated that. It did not save the payer settings, which would be more of a priority.

radish
2009-06-23, 13:44
I am surprised because it kept my "new music" despite re-installing from scratch.

New Music is based on file timestamp, so nothing needs to be saved.

pablolie
2009-06-23, 20:47
New Music is based on file timestamp, so nothing needs to be saved.

that doesn't always seem to work, since sometimes when i play one of my old old olders SC seems to "rediscover" is as new music.

Phil Leigh
2009-06-23, 23:27
that doesn't always seem to work, since sometimes when i play one of my old old olders SC seems to "rediscover" is as new music.

Ths should only happen if you have changed the tags or filename or other file attributes on an old file since the last scan...
New Music is absolutely based on the timestamp on the file compared to the scanner database (and of course whether or not the file was there at all)