PDA

View Full Version : Beta test 7.4 ....

DragonSteve
2009-06-18, 06:49
Hi MickeyG,
It's geat to see the hard work done by you and others designing the duet's 7.3.3 update!!

Just a small question is there a post thread available for 7.4 beta , and what is the roadmap for the duet firmware?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Steve

Jeff Flowerday
2009-06-18, 07:08
Hi MickeyG,
It's geat to see the hard work done by you and others designing the duet's 7.3.3 update!!

Just a small question is there a post thread available for 7.4 beta , and what is the roadmap for the duet firmware?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Steve

That's what the developer and beta forums are for down at the bottom.

mswlogo
2009-06-20, 17:31
They had a 7.3 beta firmware thread in this forum he's asking about 7.4.

I'm curious on status of duet firmware update for 7.4 as well.

Webkemmi
2009-06-21, 01:47
Same to me. I'm waiting as well for the new 7.4 firmware.
Any news about it?

Stefan

aubuti
2009-06-21, 09:04
The official release of SC 7.3.3 was delayed in order to include r6038, which as far as I know is the "latest and greatest". Although SBC fw will continue to be developed/fixed/improved, afaik there isn't any newer fw available for 7.4 yet. For Squeezebox Server 7.4 the big focus right now is the new database backend (Sqlite) and a new database schema. Note that not every update of SC is accompanied by a SBC or player firmware update, and vice versa.

mswlogo
2009-06-26, 17:33
This seems really weird that you have to pick which you want the latest on and simply can't have the latest of both.

I was given the impression they would merge the latest SBC formware into 7.4 within a week and it's already been two.

aubuti
2009-06-27, 20:18
This seems really weird that you have to pick which you want the latest on and simply can't have the latest of both.

I was given the impression they would merge the latest SBC formware into 7.4 within a week and it's already been two.
But you can have both. If SC 7.4 doesn't activate SBC firmware r6038 you can simply download the firmware from http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.3.3/ and install it manually via an SD card. There may be easier ways to do it, but that way definitely works.

MeSue
2009-06-28, 07:57
But you can have both. If SC 7.4 doesn't activate SBC firmware r6038 you can simply download the firmware from http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.3.3/ and install it manually via an SD card. There may be easier ways to do it, but that way definitely works.

It does work, but then the Controller immediately prompts you to "upgrade" back to 7.4 r5508 firmware. After the screen saver time out I can get out of the update screen, but I imagine it's going to be constantly prompting for the update, which will become quite annoying. Is there any way to avoid this?

Why wouldn't they send this improved firmware to the 7.4 testers?

aubuti
2009-06-29, 11:22
Oops, you're right about that. I hadn't realized that lately I haven't been connecting the SBCs to the system that's running 7.4. And I am also puzzled why they don't push r6038 out to 7.4 users as well....

MadScientist
2009-07-01, 11:21
Oops, you're right about that. I hadn't realized that lately I haven't been connecting the SBCs to the system that's running 7.4. And I am also puzzled why they don't push r6038 out to 7.4 users as well....

The now closed thread, discussing r6038 pre its official release, suggested that there were issues running it with 7.4. Are there any? If not I'll give it a try.

Can you turn off Controller update prompts via SC. I thought you could.

MS

MeSue
2009-07-01, 12:08
I haven't noticed anything, but I only use my controller a couple of hours a day. Since loading it on the 28th, I've gotten 2 update prompts for the older firmware, so not too terribly annoying yet. I don't know of any way to just disable update prompts for the controller.

MadScientist
2009-07-01, 14:41
I haven't noticed anything, but I only use my controller a couple of hours a day. Since loading it on the 28th, I've gotten 2 update prompts for the older firmware, so not too terribly annoying yet. I don't know of any way to just disable update prompts for the controller.

Thanks, I'll give it a go

MS

MadScientist
2009-07-02, 03:27
I can't get out of the update screen with 6038. If I press and hold the back button I'm no longer connected to the player. How do you manage to stay connected to the player? Thx

MS

mswlogo
2009-07-02, 05:16
You can go into Squeeze Center and shut off Automatic Updates and it will stop prompting you to upgrade back to older version on SBC.

The way I upgraded was installed 7.3.3, upghraded SBC, reinstalled nightly 7.4 and shutoff updates. I was too lazy to deal with SD card and I hate taking the back cover off.

6038 been running ok with 7.4, but I think it could be better. It flakes out now and then.

MadScientist, you have to run the older version of the IR code. I updated Meridian Wiki to have both 7.3 and 7.4 flavors.

http://www.meridianunplugged.com/wiki/index.php?pagename=Controlling%20system%20with%20S queezeBox%20Duet

MeSue
2009-07-02, 06:47
I can't get out of the update screen with 6038. If I press and hold the back button I'm no longer connected to the player. How do you manage to stay connected to the player? Thx

MS

I just ignore the update prompt and after a while it goes to screen saver and then I can press home, etc.

MadScientist
2009-07-02, 07:44
Thanks mswlogo and Mesue. I had turned off automatic updates in SC but had forgotten to restart for it to take effect.

Doesn't sound like this firmware version is much better than before - if that's the case I may go back to 7.4

MS