PDA

View Full Version : is Slacker working for YOU/Anyone?

slydog75
2009-06-13, 06:51
is anyone succesfully using Slacker? I'm having this issue where, when I'm listening to Slacker, it will play for a few songs, then it will stop and the Duet remote will say that "you've logged in on another device, push play to restart." Pushing play again does start another song, but once it happens the first time, it will happen after every song from there on out. It is VERY annoying and making Slacker useless on the Squeezebox. This apparently a long running issue (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42791) but I can't seem to find a fix.

What I'm wondering is if this is just me and a few other 'lucky' people or if EVERYONE is having this issue. Is anyone out there successfully using Slacker right now on their Squeezebox?

ETA: I'm running the lastest official release of SqueezeCenter (7.3.2). I'm using the Basic (ie. free) version of Slacker.

jrichardson
2009-06-13, 07:05
This means your account has been comprised and someone else is using it.

You need to verify that you are the only one using that Slacker Account. I would suggest doing the following:

1) Remove your Slacker account details from SN
2) Log on to your Slacker account from the Slacker home page
3) Change the password
4) Re-Enter your Slacker account details on SN

If that doesn't fix the issue, then we need to get a Log file with Slacker set to Debug to figure out what is going wrong.

File a bug and attach the log file to the bug

jth
2009-06-13, 07:19
I've been having the same issue for quite a while. I just assumed it was
this bug and have been waiting for a fix:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9682

jrichardson
2009-06-13, 08:27
Good Call JTH... that also may be an issue.

Slydog: if my suggestion doesn't work, then you may be suffering from that bug, please add yourself to the bug and when it gets fixed, you should be notified.

toby10
2009-06-13, 08:48
Slacker free account streaming fine here for hours.

SC7.3.3, WinXP, DC server

As suggested in the posted forum link, make certain you are completely signed off of SN (computer, any other players, etc...). Actually click on "Sign Out" on the SN UI (don't just close the page).

slydog75
2009-06-13, 22:37
Good Call JTH... that also may be an issue.

Slydog: if my suggestion doesn't work, then you may be suffering from that bug, please add yourself to the bug and when it gets fixed, you should be notified.

I allready changed the password on the off chance that someone bothered hacking a free account (that would be silly), but no , it still happens. I'll try your other suggestions tommorow and report back.

slydog75
2009-06-17, 16:19
Well, this problem is still occuring after the update. This is really annoying. I cancelled Sirius because Slacker is just as goood for little or no money but now I may have to sign backup for Sirius since Slacker is now useless on my Squeezebox.

brucegrr
2009-06-17, 16:31
This problem has been going on for months. No compromised accounts here.

jrichardson
2009-06-17, 22:36
Add your'selfs to the bug listed above, and vote on it.

That way, when it gets fixed you will be notified of the fix

toby10
2009-06-18, 03:10
Add your'selfs to the bug listed above, and vote on it.

That way, when it gets fixed you will be notified of the fix

Why does it seem to be random? Affecting some but not others?
Any luck narrowing down the culprit(s)?

Just curious. :)

tdnuerf
2009-06-19, 20:14
is anyone succesfully using Slacker?

Yep, since December 2008, with no problems. I've seen the "logged in on another device" errmsg, but every time I saw it, I was.

(I bailed on XM when they flaked out and have been a total Slacker ever since. I wouldn't have my Boom and Duet if they didn't Slack.)

Sorry I don't have any (good) suggestions to solve your problem -- if you've taken all the steps to ensure that you're not logged in to Slacker from another IP, I might ask Rome or other Slacker Support-folk to check their logs for your session IPs and see where they don't match reality.

HTH

jdvmi
2009-06-21, 11:30
I have the same issue. I get the same message after about two songs. Back to pandora

jrichardson
2009-06-21, 21:03
Looking at: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9682#c3
"this is caused by Slacker's server bumping sessions if requests
for a single user come from different IP addresses. This sometimes happens due to our redundant SN load balancers. (we) Have asked Slacker to see if they can fix this on their side."

So, we are currently waiting on Slacker to help us fix the issue.

slydog75
2009-06-27, 05:37
Looking at: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9682#c3
"this is caused by Slacker's server bumping sessions if requests
for a single user come from different IP addresses. This sometimes happens due to our redundant SN load balancers. (we) Have asked Slacker to see if they can fix this on their side."

So, we are currently waiting on Slacker to help us fix the issue.

That's a total cop out. Certainly there are ways for them to fix this on their end.

maggior
2009-06-28, 14:22
I have used Slacker quite extensively and have not had any trouble.

Given the description of the problem, it appears to be a SqueezeNetwork issue.

Does it follow then that if you have your own instance of SqueezeCenter running that you wouldn't run into the problem? That might explain why many don't experiece problems.

Or, are you using SqueezeNetwork regardless if you play a Slacker stream via a direct connection between your SB and SqueezeNetwork or an indirect one via a local instance of SqueezeCenter?