PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with my Chipmunks(Mac)

nsfw
2009-06-12, 10:33
I'm running SqueezePlay & SqueezeCenter (latest 7.3.3 nightly builds)
OSX 10.5.7
Compiled mplayer and lame myself. They seem to work great. I can play AlienBBC, high bitrate radio streams... But I do get chipmunks on some radio streams like WFAN.. the strange thing is some AM stations from radiotime like KNBR or KFAN work fine. I can't figure out the differences between the codecs that might be sent from radiotime that would cause something like WFAN to play in chipmunks.

Ralphy made the below suggestion for squeezeserver. Here is my real question. On a Mac, where do I put my own custom-convert.conf?

I was under the impression it should go here?
/Users/htpc/Library/Caches/SqueezeCenter/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

Here is what was recommended:(anyone have their own they would like to share?)

mp3 flc * 00:00:00:00:00:01
# FRT:{START=-ss %s}U:{DURATION=-endpos %w}
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null $START$ $DURATION$ -cache 128
-af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ |
[flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

nsfw
2009-06-12, 11:36
Looks like it goes here:
/Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server

But I can't find a good setting to fix my chipmunks. If anyone has one that works for WFAN, other AM stuff that would be great.

Siduhe
2009-06-12, 12:01
I haven't read in detail, but this thread may be relevant to you:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=425147&highlight=chipmunk#post425147

nsfw
2009-06-17, 08:14
Can anyone explain why this was the fix for my chipmunks?

mp3 flc * *
# FRT:{START=-ss %s}U:{DURATION=-endpos %w}
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null $START$ $DURATION$ -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

I ended up putting this in my custom-convert.conf file in the AlienBBC directory. Is that a bad place? Should I make a second custom-convert.conf in /Library/PreferencePanes/SqueezeCenter.prefPane/Contents/server