PDA

View Full Version : No longer connecting to SN services!

Dingostrategy
2009-06-09, 08:27
Dear Friends. I'm at my wits end.

I just set up an eeebox with linux mint, wired to a router. SC 7.3.3 )) to two SBs running latest FW.

I cannot connect at all to SN related service (though my weather date time plugin happily tells me it's 43c today)

When I look in SC settings, i tried to double check the password was fine. When I do that, it tells me it's the wrong password, but it logs into my squeezenetwork 'homepage' perfectly well. Double and triple checked PW. It's not that.

Yesterday the exact same configuration worked just fine. Testing from a different server PC (my old one) yields the same result with SC 7.3.2. Internet connectivity is just fine - obviously, since I'm on the forum.

Another weird thing is that the options in internet radio (from the webUI to SC) have vanished, except for the tune into URL option.

Selecting Deezer which is normally pretty rock solid yeilds 'cannot resolve IP'. Same result for other services (but many of them never work for me - since im in the wrong country)

If I circumvent the server, and connect the SBs to SN directly, no issues.

Have I stuffed something up here or is there something I'm totally missing?

I hope this is enough information. Thanks in advance for your help.

Siduhe
2009-06-09, 08:32
Have you seen this thread? A few people (including me) experiencing something similar running either 7.3.3 and 7.4. What router are you using?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=63880

Dingostrategy
2009-06-09, 09:04
Have you seen this thread? A few people (including me) experiencing something similar running either 7.3.3 and 7.4. What router are you using?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=63880

Thanks Siduhe. Feels better to not be alone, strangely.

Using a netgear WGR714v7.

Siduhe
2009-06-09, 09:14
Thanks Siduhe. Feels better to not be alone, strangely.

Using a netgear WGR714v7.

This worked for me:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=428474&postcount=20

Dingostrategy
2009-06-09, 10:03
Cheers.

But it's scary. I have no idea what all that means. WinSCP for one thing is a windows thing, and my SC is on .nix

Secondly im on SB3s and Boom. I think you use SBR as does the poster bobertuk. No guarantee that even if I figured all that out it would resolve.

Seems to me there is something else going on. Why can't we have the fallback DNS resolution thingo back in 7.3.3+? I am sure there is a good reason but I'm struggling for now.

Might go back to a 7.3.2 SC for the time being and live without WMAs. There are not many of them and SN Music services are much more important.

Good thing I am enjoying learning all this stuff otherwise I'd be getting pretty annoyed about now!

Siduhe
2009-06-09, 10:22
bobertuk has just posted some more detailed instructions - it's fairly straightforward to do, but certainly no reason you have to.

7.3.2. would be a good option for now and you can keep track of when the issue gets fixed and rolled back up into the nightlies. The perils of beta testing, I'm afraid.

I'm using a mix of SB2s, SB3s, SBR and Boom btw so I think it's affecting pretty much everything right now.