PDA

View Full Version : Nice deal on a Transporter...

Howard Passman
2009-06-08, 02:29
Crutchfield has the Transporter at 10% off, a free Controller and free shipping. Pretty nice deal and the Transporter probably ought to come with the SBC anyway.

Price good through 6/20/09.

Howard

jhonsberger@msn.com
2009-06-10, 11:33
Thanks for the tip.Bought one!

Howard Passman
2009-06-11, 01:53
Thanks for the tip.Bought one!

Good deal and great company. Over the many years they have always given me top notch service and support. The first TP I received had a problem and I called them at 6:00 Tuesday night. By noon Wednesday I had another and they didn't even charge my credit card.

Have fun with your new transporter.

Howard

agentsmith
2009-06-11, 04:55
Too bad it is for US only. I wanted to buy a second one.

SamS
2009-06-14, 10:34
I already have a SB Classic. Could I move the SB to another room and use just the controller for it, and use my existing SB remote for the Transporter?

I was thinking about just getting a Duet for the second room, but this may be a better solution.

Howard Passman
2009-06-14, 10:48
I already have a SB Classic. Could I move the SB to another room and use just the controller for it, and use my existing SB remote for the Transporter?

I was thinking about just getting a Duet for the second room, but this may be a better solution.

Yep, you could. However, the Transporter comes with a similar remote as the SB3 except backlit keys. The deal from Crutchfield comes with a SB Controller which you can use to controll them all.

Have fun

Howard

gharris999
2009-06-14, 11:15
Oops. They're reporting "Out of stock...Ship date uncertain". But apparently you can reserve one at the $1,799.99 price.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_596TRANSPT/Logitech-Transporter.html?search=Transporter

SamS
2009-06-14, 11:42
Yep, you could. However, the Transporter comes with a similar remote as the SB3 except backlit keys. The deal from Crutchfield comes with a SB Controller which you can use to controll them all.

Have fun

Howard

Cool, that's what I was thinking. I am hoping to get my wife to use the Controller in a room with the SB Classic, I can deal with the regular remote.

Oops. They're reporting "Out of stock...Ship date uncertain". But apparently you can reserve one at the $1,799.99 price.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_596TRANSPT/Logitech-Transporter.html?search=Transporter

Yeah, I saw that. Still got almost a week to lock in for that deal. Crutchfield is usually pretty good for getting things back in stock.

Use coupon code 3A825 for an extra $20 off your $100+ order.

Howard Passman
2009-06-14, 12:04
Cool, that's what I was thinking. I am hoping to get my wife to use the Controller in a room with the SB Classic, I can deal with the regular remote.

Yeah, I saw that. Still got almost a week to lock in for that deal. Crutchfield is usually pretty good for getting things back in stock.

Use coupon code 3A825 for an extra $20 off your $100+ order.

The SBC and a pair of earbuds make a great player all by themselves.

SamS
2009-06-14, 12:07
Stop tempting me! ;)

I'm actually closing on a house next month, trying to sort out all the logistics of where/how my SB3 + ?? (Transporter, hopefully) will live in the new place.

Howard Passman
2009-06-14, 12:37
Stop tempting me! ;)

I'm actually closing on a house next month, trying to sort out all the logistics of where/how my SB3 + ?? (Transporter, hopefully) will live in the new place.

I don't envy you.... I've been in mine 25 years now. I needed the Transporter to raise the value... :-)

Howard

SamS
2009-06-23, 19:59
Well, I bit the bullet. Couldn't pass up the free Controller to use with my existing SB3.

Crutchfield won't have available to ship for a couple of weeks, but I am a patient man :)

Howard Passman
2009-06-24, 01:39
Well, I bit the bullet. Couldn't pass up the free Controller to use with my existing SB3.

Crutchfield won't have available to ship for a couple of weeks, but I am a patient man :)

Congrats Sam, I think you'll enjoy it.

Howard