PDA

View Full Version : Problem Can't open file for error



Waldy
2004-06-01, 08:59
Hi,

When I try to access Alienstream v3 streams from the AlienStream playlist I
get the error; 'Problem Can't open file for:AlienStream3' & slimserver
bombs out.

The streams I have tried open fine in the alienstream helper & the xine-ui
front end. I'm hoping that it is something minor I've overlooked.

I've installed latest nightly 5.16 firmware 23

kind regards

Waldy

Peter Heslin
2004-06-01, 17:54
On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 04:59:49PM +0100, Waldy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to access Alienstream v3 streams from the AlienStream playlist I
> get the error; 'Problem Can't open file for:AlienStream3' & slimserver
> bombs out.
>
> The streams I have tried open fine in the alienstream helper & the xine-ui
> front end. I'm hoping that it is something minor I've overlooked.
>
> I've installed latest nightly 5.16 firmware 23

Thanks for the report!

This is due to a bug in the latest nightly, which I'm going to report
on the developers list now. If you revert to server version 5.1.5, it
should work, or you can wait for a fix to turn up (which I hope will
be very soon -- it's a simple bug).

Peter

Waldy
2004-06-02, 03:15
Thanks Peter,

I'm back to 5.1.5 now. Alienstreams goes further now, but looses contact
with slimserver after a couple of seconds. (with streams that work with
xine)

Here's whats in the var/log/messages file:

Jun 2 10:30:42 lyn-media su: Argument "4'\nissymlin" isn't numeric in
integer multiplication (*) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Time/Local.pm line 26.

I'm using -Time-HiRes v1.20-23
& perl v5.8.0-88.3

Any ideas on this one?

with regards

Waldy



"Peter Heslin" <slimp3 (AT) heslin (DOT) eclipse.co.uk>
wrote in message news:20040602005404.GB2985 (AT) heslin (DOT) eclipse.co.uk...
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 04:59:49PM +0100, Waldy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I try to access Alienstream v3 streams from the AlienStream
playlist I
> > get the error; 'Problem Can't open file for:AlienStream3' & slimserver
> > bombs out.
> >
> > The streams I have tried open fine in the alienstream helper & the
xine-ui
> > front end. I'm hoping that it is something minor I've overlooked.
> >
> > I've installed latest nightly 5.16 firmware 23
>
> Thanks for the report!
>
> This is due to a bug in the latest nightly, which I'm going to report
> on the developers list now. If you revert to server version 5.1.5, it
> should work, or you can wait for a fix to turn up (which I hope will
> be very soon -- it's a simple bug).
>
> Peter

Peter Heslin
2004-06-02, 04:34
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 11:15:55AM +0100, Waldy wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> I'm back to 5.1.5 now. Alienstreams goes further now, but looses contact
> with slimserver after a couple of seconds. (with streams that work with
> xine)
>
> Here's whats in the var/log/messages file:
>
> Jun 2 10:30:42 lyn-media su: Argument "4'\nissymlin" isn't numeric in
> integer multiplication (*) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Time/Local.pm line 26.
>
> I'm using -Time-HiRes v1.20-23
> & perl v5.8.0-88.3
>
> Any ideas on this one?

Doesn't ring a bell. Is it possible that those syslog messages happen
independent of using alienstream? The next nightly should have a fix
in the server for the original problem you were seeing, so you might
want to try it first.

Peter

Waldy
2004-06-02, 05:42
OK Peter,

I'll give it a try

cheers

Waldy

waldy
2004-06-03, 01:12
Thanks Peter,

Last nights nightly has resolved my issues,

regards Waldy