PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody Error for the last 2 days

Krishna
2009-06-05, 22:02
I have been getting the following error since Thursday:
"Audio stream failed, skipping to next track"

Nothing else happens and no music plays. It happens irrespective of how I choose tracks from within Rhapsody (Channels, my libray, search, etc). I tested out the PC-app and it is able to connect to and stream from Rhapsody just fine. Also, this error is present irrespective of whether I use SqueezeCenter or SqueezeNetwork.

I have had occasional hiccups in Rhapsody service over the last year, but usually I had to just upgrade firmware on my SB3 or just wait a few hours for the fix from Rhapsody. This time, its been down for the last 2 days now.

Since I don't see similar messages being posted, I assume this is not a widespread issue. Hopefully there is some quick fix I can apply?

BTW, Classical.com and Napster both are streaming fine to this SB3. Its just Rhapsody that is having the problem.

Thanks.

mortslim
2009-06-06, 11:22
Rhapsody is working fine for me on my Squeezebox.

Krishna
2009-06-06, 15:40
Thanks. Somthing seems to be improving. I now get the track to play but it keeps rebuffering. Other services are not affected.

ajkidle
2009-06-06, 17:03
Rhapsody's service is notoriously flaky. Great when it works, makes you want to tear your hair out when it doesn't. I've seen the error you're getting numerous times, although my service has been fine the past couple of days. You should consider posting here as well to let Real know about your issues:

http://real.lithium.com/real/board?board.id=InstallingRhapsody

Krishna
2009-06-08, 15:39
Thanks. No issues today. I wonder what Squeeze does differently compared to Sonos. My friend has the same service, but streamed through Sonos, and he has not seen any issues for more than a year (since he setup).