PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut to syncronize

lazpete
2009-06-04, 12:26
Hi guys.
Is there a way to access the syncing menu on the sb3/boom a little quicker, like in the first menu, or via a short cut like a button on the remote.
Id'e like to make it easier to access.

regards
Lasse

aubuti
2009-06-04, 12:46
In the SC Settings you can customize what appears (and what doesn't appear) on the top level menu. I don't have SC in front of me to confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can move Synchronize up to the top-level menu.

gorman
2009-06-04, 16:34
Unfortunately Synchronize doesn't appear among the choices of what you can put in the top menu.

Something to add I guess.

Siduhe
2009-06-04, 16:40
What about if you install a sync plugin like the Synchroniser? You may be able to add that to your home menu and it will let you pre-define sync sets.

Dogberry2
2009-06-05, 06:48
Unfortunately Synchronize doesn't appear among the choices of what you can put in the top menu.

Something to add I guess.That surprises me, because I know it's possible to put Synchronize in the top menu on the Controller. I did so almost as soon as I got my first Duet, because I sync different players quite often. But then again, when I do so I tend to have the Controller handy. I don't really recall ever using the sync from the Boom menu, so I'm not disputing whether it can be moved to the top menu; it just seems odd to me that the option would be available for the Controller but not for other devices. It certainly seems like something that could be done in the firmware easily enough, so maybe all it will take is an enhancement request (and a little time to get it implemented).

gorman
2009-06-05, 09:33
I might have missed it, but I specifically looked for it. I'm using the Fishbone skin.

aubuti
2009-06-05, 09:40
I might have missed it, but I specifically looked for it. I'm using the Fishbone skin.
I don't think you're missing anything -- I'm pretty sure you're correct that it's not there. It's certainly not there in the default skin.

Like Dogberry2, I'm surprised that Sync is not among the top-level options in the player UI, because it is definitely an option on the SB Controller. It would be good to see if there is already an enhancement request for this filed in bugs.slimdevices.com. If there is, vote for it, and if not, go ahead and file it.

In the interim, I like Siduhe's suggestion about using The Synchronizer, which definitely *is* available for placing in the top-level menu in the player UI. That is, of course, after you install the Synchronizer plugin.