PDA

View Full Version : Custom Browse - using Disc as a separator

sk33ve
2009-06-04, 04:08
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I couldn't see any threads for it.

I've just started using Custom Browse, and was hoping to get it to arrange my music as follows:

Artist->Album->Disc->Track

If on a multi-disc set, but I'm struggling to get it to do it. Has anyone else tried this, or got it working?

Thanks

Nick

erland
2009-06-04, 11:53
It should be possible but it will require some special handling.

The problematic part is that I'm guessing that you only want the disc level if the album have multiple discs ?

One requirement is that you have enabled the SqueezeCenter setting: "Thread multi-disc sets as a single album". Without this setting, you will get duplicate album entries.

You will need duplicate <menu> elements that lists track, one should look as the default one but have a filter to only show tracks if there are a single disk. The other one should list disks but only if there are multiple disks and it should have a sub <menu> element that lists tracks on the disk selected. The duplicate <menu> elements is somewhat similar to how the various artists handling works in the artists menu.

I don't have the time to give you an exact XML at the moment, but if you get it to work partly and post what you have done it's a bit easier to help.