PDA

View Full Version : Extension Downloader - unlucky 13?

bonze
2009-06-03, 14:42
Is there a limit to the number of repositories that can be added to the ED screen?

Before the recent change to 7.4 sqlite, I had all the repos urls added to the ED setup. (23 or more)
Moving to the new 7.4 - I've never been able to get the ED gui to load.

After installing the latest nightly, I deleted the extensions.pref file and the ED gui loaded.
But it seems to only take a meximum of 13 repo urls before it stops presenting a new input box.

And if I navigate away from the ED setup, I can't return back.

From the log:

[09-06-03 22:39:01.5795] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1180) Warning: [22:39:01.5788] Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /<C:\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 116.
[09-06-03 22:39:01.5805] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (113) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value): at /<C:\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 116.

Triode
2009-06-03, 14:46
Hum - thats interesting - will look at it.. Don't see why that should be!

BTW - yes the current changes to extension downloader are work in progress, and the web page is a temporary position. However underlying this there has been a change to plugin manager so that downloading and installation is part of the core server and include the ability to poll for updates for plugins every 24 hours. This means the setting page page shows the list of possible plugins rather than individual versions of them.

ModelCitizen
2009-06-04, 13:44
Hmm.. I am looking at this forum right now because the ED web admin page won't load for me either. I've just disabled the plugin and was going to delete it before installing it again... except I couldn't easily find the installation directory... so I'm just going to download it (when I can find it) and install it over the top of my existing one and see what happens. If that doesn't work I guess I'll try deleting the extension.pref file. If that doesn't work I'll go to bed.

MC

Triode
2009-06-04, 13:46
See the beta forum - if you loaded a nighly from monday it sounds like you need to delete the extension.pref file as it got set to the wrong values.

Sorry!

ModelCitizen
2009-06-04, 14:01
Cheers Triode. I could not find the Extension Downloader plugin install zip file and was just about to give up when I saw your post. I'm running a nightly from Tuesday. I've deleted extensions.pref and restarted but still the ED web interface will not open.

Time for bed.

MC

Siduhe
2009-06-04, 14:17
Cheers Triode. I could not find the Extension Downloader plugin install zip file and was just about to give up when I saw your post. I'm running a nightly from Tuesday. I've deleted extensions.pref and restarted but still the ED web interface will not open.

Time for bed.

MC

What version are you running and do you see an error message in your browser? I had a slightly different problem earlier, unrelated to the ED opening issue which I was also struggling with, but threw up a problem in the browser code. I needed to update and delete extensions.pref:

Firefox Error Console shows:
> Error: inputElB64 is null
> Source File: http://127.0.0.1:9000/html/js.html?r=26846
> Line: 1351

This particular issue was fixed in 26863.

Triode
2009-06-04, 15:11
Regarding 13 items causing a problem - I believe this is due to the 13th item in the wiku list causing a problem.

There are actually at least two repos which use redirects which won't work at present. This is because the underlying Squeezecenter asychronous http implementation seems to struggle with redirects at present.

mherger
2009-06-04, 21:50
> There are actually at least two repos which use redirects which won't
> work at present. This is because the underlying Squeezecenter
> asychronous http implementation seems to struggle with redirects at
> present.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12153

Maybe we should increase its importance...

Triode
2009-06-05, 10:11
This is now fixed with the latest version of SC (next nightly). The reason for a blank Extension Downloader page was due to including repos which use a redirect.