PDA

View Full Version : Squeeze Network

goodgreef
2009-06-02, 10:42
Is Squeeze Network a subscription service?

I have been able to use it until recently, now it no longer appears on my Music Source screen.

I remember reading some services require a subscription but you get the first month or so free.

snarlydwarf
2009-06-02, 11:08
Is Squeeze Network a subscription service?

I have been able to use it until recently, now it no longer appears on my Music Source screen.

On what device?

I remember reading some services require a subscription but you get the first month or so free.

SN itself is free to Squeezebox (and transporter and boom...) customers. Some of the services have restrictions (subscription costs, geographical restrictions due to music licensing etc...).

Some more info on what device you're using and SC versions would help.

mherger
2009-06-02, 11:13
> Is Squeeze Network a subscription service?

No, it's totally free.

> I have been able to use it until recently, now it no longer appears on
> my Music Source screen.

What SC version? Did you recently change anything in your configuration?
What does server.log say?

Michael

BastiaanR
2009-06-02, 11:32
I have been able to use [SqueezeNetwork] until recently, now it no longer appears on my Music Source screen.

If you're already connected to SN, it will not give you the option to connect to it (again).

goodgreef
2009-06-03, 04:47
This is on my Duet, not sure what version, will check when I get home tonight.

On my music source screen it gives me 3 options, my laptop, my desktop (Both running Slim Server) & Squeeze Network.
If I switch to Squeeze Network I can listen to online radio without my Desktop or Laptop being on but now its just vanished.
I tried a factory reset but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I haven't done any updates recently, the last firmware I got was the one that allows usage of the headphone socket.

goodgreef
2009-06-03, 04:55
This is on my Duet, not sure what version, will check when I get home tonight.

On my music source screen it gives me 3 options, my laptop, my desktop (Both running Slim Server) & Squeeze Network.
If I switch to Squeeze Network I can listen to online radio without my Desktop or Laptop being on but now its just vanished. If I'm connected via my Laptop or Desktop I still don't get the option for Squeeze Network.

I tried a factory reset but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I haven't done any updates recently, the last firmware I got was the one that allows usage of the headphone socket.

goodgreef
2009-06-04, 03:30
Sorted it, the SN doesn't show up when using the controller only, it's only when connected to the reciever that SN is available!!

Thanks though.