Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parkmad
    • Jun 2005

New Controller on horizon?

I have been contemplating a purchase of a controller as well as a transporter and I noticed that at Crutchfield, they are having a special for a free controller with a purchase of a transporter.

Sometimes, companies are just reducing their inventory of either product or providing a way to make more money on the higher dollar product with incentive for another product. It may work in my case.

However, sometimes inventory is cleared before something new is released.

Any information? Not that product announcements happen in forums.
  • snarlydwarf
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by parkmad
    there are days I wish my caffeine tolerance wasn't so high.

I have a list of half baked fake products ("The New Teleporter from Logitech, it takes you TO your music, not just figuratively, but teleporting you to the space and time of the original recording! Avoid guitar fragments as Pete Townsend smashes his guitar! Smell Jimi's guitar melt as he sets it on fire!")

But I'm too sleepy to do them up fully, complete with photoshopped product announcements...

I think the best clue on product line changes is to see when SD changes prices in their store: SB2's dropped price just before the SB3 came out, for example.

Of course, that's still pretty bogus: since the SB3 didn't drop for Boom or Duet or Transporter...

So...

I guess there is no clue at all.

Comment

• parkmad
      • Jun 2005

lmao, I will wait until the Teleporter is releaded.

Comment

• funkstar
        • Nov 2005

Crutcgfield probably get a better deal from Logitech for shifting more units as a special offer than they would if they just wanted to discount the Transporter.

It's like when you see a big ass TV in a store with a "free" $300 stand. Doesn't mean the TV is EOL, just means there is a promotion on it. Oh, and there is no way you are going to get that $300 off the TV if you didn't want the stand, because the stand doesn't cost $300 in the first place.

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
        In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Comment

• toby10
          • Jul 2007

The SB4

The long awaited SB4

Comment

• Brian Ritchie
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by parkmad
            I have been contemplating a purchase of a controller as well as a transporter and I noticed that at Crutchfield, they are having a special for a free controller with a purchase of a transporter [...] sometimes inventory is cleared before something new is released.

I got a free controller with my Transporter last September (from Ripcaster.co.uk; offer still on, apparently). Still no signs of either being superceded :-) .

OTOH, every time I've upgraded my digital camera (Canon EOS) on temptation of a good price, a new model has come out within a month.

-- Brian

Comment

• Nikhil
              • Jul 2005

Based on this post, it looks like Logitech are preparing more than one new product for release. It mentions a new version of the Duet, and a device with a touch screen.

Discussed a bit here:

Comment

• snarlydwarf
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Nikhil
                Based on this post, it looks like Logitech are preparing more than one new product for release. It mentions a new version of the Duet, and a device with a touch screen.
                I don't know, I like Toby10's picture. Wiggle the ears (are those ears?) to control it.

Comment

• iPhone
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by snarlydwarf
                  I don't know, I like Toby10's picture. Wiggle the ears (are those ears?) to control it.
                  I thought it was a child's pencil sharpener with a built in MP3 player.
                  iPhone
                  Media Room:
                  ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
                  Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
                  Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
                  Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
                  Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
                  Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
                  Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
                  Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

• parkmad
                    • Jun 2005

Discussed a bit here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=63727
                    Thanks, that helps. Not that I don't find the Frog amusing.

oh and btw, I did purchase a Transporter, it will be here tomorrow.
                    Last edited by parkmad; 2009-06-03, 20:22.

Comment

• davidmac27
                      • Apr 2007

Discussed a bit here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=63727
                      From the first site listed above, I found this:

"Last year, however, Logitech launched the Squeezebox Duet to much fanfare. Unlike their other products, it was of an extremely low quality and at launch was quite simply unusable. Hundreds of owners struggled to get the device and/or it's controller connected to their wifi network - many of them existing Squeezebox owners. Logitech refused to accept responsibility and blamed issues with the owners setup and other external factors. Magically, 6 months later, a firmware update fixed the majority of issues - despite many owners having wasted money on new routers etc. to try and resolve the problem. Not what I would call quality and many long term Squeezebox owners also regard it as the black sheep of the family."

Talk about walking a mile in my shoes! And I thought I was the only one...still love my Duet but man, it's been a loooong road!!

Comment

• dennis55
                        • Dec 2006

Controller

i purchased my Transporter about a year and a half ago now, as soon as i saw the Duet Controller i knew it would they would be a great combo.........and i imported one from USA.
                        never had a problem with any Slim Devices/Logitech gear.

dennis
                        Linn Products Akurate DS/3 Exakt
                        Bonnec Audiosysteme Timpano Preamplifier
                        Linn Products Akurate C4200 Dynamik
                        Totem Acoustics Forest Signature (Biwired/Amped)
                        SqueezeBox Radio's Original Black and a fancy RED one too :)
                        Asustor Lockerstor AS6602T/Minimserver/LMS
                        BubbleDS on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
                        Linn LP12/Cirkus/Ekos2/Dynavector XX2 MK2/Linn Linto/ Lingo1

Comment

Working...