Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autopilot
    • Oct 2005

Internet radio for pre-school

Anyone with (or without) kids got any recommendations for good internet stations for young children? My boy is 16 months and loves music, stories etc. The station he used to like seems to have disappeared now. There is plenty of stuff out there, most of it is pretty naff though.
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)
  • ChrisNY
    • Apr 2006

There's a few on Live365 which you could check out:
    Hip Young Parent Radio:
    live365://www.live365.com/play/miscamy

Muppet Radio (obviously depends on you tolerance for Muppets)
    live365://www.live365.com/play/muppetcentral

Purple House Radio
    live365://www.live365.com/play/bubbleheadcat

There's also an Irish broadcast called RTE Junior which sometimes has some interesting stuff. That can be found on Radiotime.

It might be for a slightly older audience, but there's also a podcast called Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child. If you go to their site, they have a bunch of links on the right to other Children's Music sites/streams:

Comment

• rgreening
      • Jan 2009

CBBeebies Radio

Hi Cbbeebies have a radio station and is aired on BBC7 see the link below.

Regards
      Richard
      Richard
      ---------------------------
      Squeezecenter version: 7.3.2-noCPAN
      SlimNas Version: 1.3.0
      FreeNAS Version: 0.69.1 Omnius (revision 4554)
      Platform: i386-full on Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz (1993MHz)
      Players:
      SliMP3 (firmware 2.3)
      SoftSqueeze.

Comment

• maggior
        • Dec 2006

Slacker has some good kiddie music. You will find radio stations of kiddie music under the Youth category of the radio stations. I actually custom built a station for my 2 and 5 year old that works quite well. It features favorites like Raffi, Barney, Sesame Street, Disney, etc.

Hopefully you can get Slacker in the UK.
        Rich
        ---------
        Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
        Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
        http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Comment

• bpa
          • Oct 2005

Hi Cbbeebies have a radio station and is aired on BBC7 see the link below.
          Can be played through AlienBBC (and probably BBCiPlayer) - goto BBC7 - Schedule - 5.00am.

Comment

• vinnielo
            • Dec 2007

Fun Kids from the UK.
            RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
            Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
            Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
            Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze

Comment

• Drpsyche2
              • Nov 2018

Originally Posted by daddyautopilot
              What are the best radio stations and children's music streams for kindergartens? I've created a separate topic for pre-school internet radio listings and then back to my task: encouraging my son to do my homework for me and then giving him some time to play computer games.
              When I worked in a kindergarten, we used The Kids MIXX and Radio TEDDY for our music and dance classes.
              Any podcasts ideas for elementary school students?

Comment

Working...