PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox stopped getting music

barend
2009-05-28, 01:56
My SB3 (the original one, first one sold by Logitech) has served me very well for some years.
I have only used it for fetching internet radio, and it doubles as a nice clock when off.
This worked fine through my WLAN router/modem, even with the PC switched off.
Now it tries to fetch the IP of the Squeezeserver (0,0,0,0) which it does not find, obviously.
After installing Slimserver on the pc and filling out the IP of the PC, things work again, but stop doing so when the pc is off.
Anyone who could hint me how to get the old situation back?

tcutting
2009-05-28, 10:08
It sounds like it used to be connected to Squeezenetwork instead of Squeezecenter (previously slimserver). The Squeezebox needs to be connected to SOME server to show the clock (or any display). If you never use local files, you should be able to just connect to squeezenetwork, and not worry about your squeezecenter (slimserver) running locally. The way you have it now, when you turn off your PC running "slimserver", the SB3 doesn't have anything to tell it what to display, so it too goes blank.
You should be able to navigate on your SB3 to "music source" and select Squeezenetwork (not sure of the exact menu structure, but this should be close). That way your SB3 is ALWAYS connected to squeezenetwork, even when your PC is turned off. If, however, you want to access your own music (MP3's stored on your PC), you would need to switch back to your slimserver (squeezecenter) - but that doesn't sound like something you use.
Hope that helps!
Tom

barend
2009-05-30, 08:21
Thanks,
Everything works as it should, but finally I'm asked to ender a server's IP address, like this:

Enter IP address:
(0,0,0,0)192.168.0.3

...Being my own PC.
Entering that works as long as my PC is on.
Nothing is found there when it's off!

Looked up the ip address for Squeezenetwork.com: 89.202.121.131.
But I doubt if that'll work...

toby10
2009-05-30, 08:43
Thanks,
Everything works as it should, but finally I'm asked to ender a server's IP address, like this:

Enter IP address:
(0,0,0,0)192.168.0.3

...Being my own PC.
Entering that works as long as my PC is on.
Nothing is found there when it's off!

Looked up the ip address for Squeezenetwork.com: 89.202.121.131.
But I doubt if that'll work...

Your player needs an IP address to be part of your network.
You don't want to enter your computers IP, nor SqueezeNetwork's IP.
SqueezeCenter and SqueezeNetwork should show up by name when you scroll through your players menu, not just an IP.

I presume you just want Internet Radio again without running your computer?
I'd re-boot the router and player. Unplug both (power), wait 2 minutes, then plug the router back in, wait a minute, then plug player power back in.
Then see if your player gets an IP.
Then scroll through the player menus to see "Connect to SqueezeNetwork".