PDA

View Full Version : MP3Tunes Logitech trial? No thanks

clipper
2009-05-26, 17:17
Surprised to find after my Logitech 'free' trial has expired, that any music my locker (under 2GB) becomes INaccessible to my Squeezebox, and to access it via any device, you HAVE to subcribe to their Premium service, at $39.95 per year or $4.95 per month :-(

So, extremely disappointed - as are a lot of MP3Locker's customers especially the original members who have seen their - even paid for - allocated space reduced and reduced. Check their forums. http://forum.mp3tunes.com/index.php

So suggest Logitech make these conditions a lot more clear in their promotional materials.

I was going to sign up to the better featured LastFM, but according to their site FAQ

Will buying a subscription allow me to listen to any track I want?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No, our current basic subscription doesn’t allow for any on-demand listening; a basic subscription will give you the benefits described here, but it won’t allow you to play any tracks you want in full length that you can’t listen to as a non-subscriber either.

In the US, the UK and Germany we’re publicly beta testing our free listening service called “Free On-Demand”, which allows you to listen to most tracks up to three times for free. When the beta is over, we’ll offer a different subscription package with unlimited access to our music catalogue.

- so all in all, pretty disappointed - is any better type of alternative for the U.K?

snarlydwarf
2009-05-26, 17:26
Surprised to find after my Logitech 'free' trial has expired, that any music my locker (under 2GB) becomes INaccessible to my Squeezebox, and to access it via any device, you HAVE to subcribe to their Premium service, at $39.95 per year or $4.95 per month :-(

So, extremely disappointed - as are a lot of MP3Locker's customers especially the original members who have seen their - even paid for - allocated space reduced and reduced. Check their forums. http://forum.mp3tunes.com/index.php

Did you see http://forum.mp3tunes.com/showthread.php?t=15802

Sounds like a poorly worded "hey, your premium trial is about to expire" message that doesn't make it clear that the account should keep working, just not 'premium'.

So suggest Logitech make these conditions a lot more clear in their promotional materials.

Or mp3tunes makes their notice clearer...

clipper
2009-05-26, 17:47
Did you see http://forum.mp3tunes.com/showthread.php?t=15802

Sounds like a poorly worded "hey, your premium trial is about to expire" message that doesn't make it clear that the account should keep working, just not 'premium'.

Or mp3tunes makes their notice clearer...

Yes, thanks I did. And I'm sure when I signed up with MP3Tunes it DID NOT state this restriction - I checked earlier, it does now in red text. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise ..... And there seems to be an increasing level of complaints with MP3Tunes.

Anyway, for just one device it makes no sense, better to just stream a tune from my local library, ripped from some of the EXTREMELY cheap CD's avaiable online - ie 2.99 delvered from H.M.V or from Fopp nowadays - at better quality (FLAC), and not have ISP download restrictions, to content with. Although my ISP is extremely professional.

Oh, anyone offhand know what the total data downloaded for say a 24 hour period streaming radio at say 128 works out at?

This is where I'm afraid it all falls down :-(

toby10
2009-05-27, 04:15
Yes, thanks I did. And I'm sure when I signed up with MP3Tunes it DID NOT state this restriction........

Oh, anyone offhand know what the total data downloaded for say a 24 hour period streaming radio at say 128 works out at? ........

I've never used MP3Tunes myself but I've known of their "free trial" for years via SD/Logitech. From the SD/Logitech side it has always been quite clear to me that it was a limited trial of a paid service.
But maybe MP3Tunes needs to do a better job up front on their end, I dunno.

I think 128k = 50 mb per hour (estimate)