PDA

View Full Version : Duets work, SB3 doesn't

SteveSatch
2009-05-21, 21:51
I have two Duets hooked up wirelessly that work great. I just bought a used classic Squeezebox 3 that I hooked up wirelessly today that won't connect. I get to the last step where it tries to connect to SqueezeCenter but can't. If I set it up as wired it works though. Are there any simple setup choices I might be missing to cause this to happen? It shouldn't be firewall stuff since the Duets work wirelessly.

jo-wie
2009-05-21, 21:59
If it cannot connect to the WLAN you should check if a MAC filter is enabled in the router.

SteveSatch
2009-05-21, 22:06
Is this what you mean:

"MAC Authentication: Disabled"

Thanks,
Steve

jo-wie
2009-05-22, 00:44
Is this what you mean:

"MAC Authentication: Disabled"

Thanks,
Steve

Yes.

Hmm, no point. You should restart (power off/on) the router and reset the SB3

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands

Do the router assign IP addresses via DHCP or do you use fixed IPs? Can you ping the SB3 IP address from the Squeezecenter computer? Try t use a fixed IP.

Mnyb
2009-05-22, 00:49
If it is a used SB3 check if actually has a wifi card, they where sold with or without wifi.
Wifi was an option.

Nowadays they had reduced it to one model.

Can oyou that SB3 in your router when trying to use wifi ?

And open it up and check that the wificwrds is firmly conected, there has been reports of the wificard geting loose inside the SB3 especially as it have been shipped via postal service or dhl

jo-wie
2009-05-22, 01:46
If it is a used SB3 check if actually has a wifi card, they where sold with or without wifi.
Wifi was an option.

Would he still get a WiFi setup dialog in that case?

SteveSatch
2009-05-22, 07:43
Yes.

Hmm, no point. You should restart (power off/on) the router and reset the SB3

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands

Do the router assign IP addresses via DHCP or do you use fixed IPs? Can you ping the SB3 IP address from the Squeezecenter computer? Try t use a fixed IP.

I restarted the router but no luck. I used DHCP for my two Duets and it worked fine, but the SB3 would not work with DHCP so I had to assign a fixed address. Thanks for your help.

jo-wie
2009-05-22, 08:12
I restarted the router but no luck. I used DHCO for my two Duets and it worked fine, but the SB3 would not work with DHCP so I had to assign a fixed address. Thanks for your help.

Curious that it did not work with DHCP. Do you have another system with a fixed IP which is in the DHCP address range?

SteveSatch
2009-05-22, 16:36
Resetting the SB3 didn't help. This time when setting up wired, the DCHP did work. I just can't this to setup wirelessly.

Mnyb
2009-05-22, 19:52
Would he still get a WiFi setup dialog in that case?

I don't know the firmware is the same ? I don't know if it is smart enough to to detect the presence of wifi card ?

However if read the OP again he said his on the "last step" meaning he has been presented with the SSID of his network during setup ? this should prove that it has wireless actually.

Btw other things to try don't hide the SSID give your SSID a unique name if haven't if it's named "linksys" or "netgear" or any other default name it could be your neighbours router you are trying to connect to.

try without wireless security to see if works then, if it does try to use WPA security not WEP.

Be carefull to not add any extra space's when entering the password.

If I misunderstood this completely can you get wifi to work when using fixed addresses, does the SB3 shows itself in the routers device list or similar ?

SteveSatch
2009-05-22, 20:48
I do get SSID during setup.

My SSID is not hidden.

I'll try no security.

I cannot get wifi to work with fixed address. I can't get wifi to work at all on SB3, just the Duets.

The SB3 does show up on the list of devices on the router.

I don't know the firmware is the same ? I don't know if it is smart enough to to detect the presence of wifi card ?

However if read the OP again he said his on the "last step" meaning he has been presented with the SSID of his network during setup ? this should prove that it has wireless actually.

Btw other things to try don't hide the SSID give your SSID a unique name if haven't if it's named "linksys" or "netgear" or any other default name it could be your neighbours router you are trying to connect to.

try without wireless security to see if works then, if it does try to use WPA security not WEP.

Be carefull to not add any extra space's when entering the password.

If I misunderstood this completely can you get wifi to work when using fixed addresses, does the SB3 shows itself in the routers device list or similar ?

jo-wie
2009-05-22, 23:41
I'll try no security.

Please do not forget to re-enable security (WPA/WPA2)

I cannot get wifi to work with fixed address. I can't get wifi to work at all on SB3, just the Duets.

I misunderstood you, I thought it did work with a fixed IP.

The SB3 does show up on the list of devices on the router.

Which router model do you have? Do you have the latest firmware installed?