PDA

View Full Version : Any way to to delete tracks directly from Squeezebox?

volatileacid
2009-05-20, 10:03
I wonder if anyone knows - is there a plugin available or something that would allow me to delete a track whilst at the squeezebox...

I've got my N5200 NAS serving out the tracks via the slimserver module I've installed on it - however, I've got so much crap in my music library - it would be nice for me to be able to select an option to delete certain tracks when I'm listening random playlists...

:[

Cheers

aubuti
2009-05-20, 10:29
You can only delete it from the current playlist, not delete the track from your library. SC is purposely designed not to allow such destructive behavior.

However, if you delete a track from the current _playlist_ by pressing on the "+" button (while in "Now Playing") SC will copy the name of that track to the "Zapped Songs" (or something like that) playlist. Later you can refer to the Zapped Songs list to decide what you want to delete from your library. Or if you're a pack rat like me, not delete the file but just move it outside the folder structure you use for your library in SC.

volatileacid
2009-05-20, 10:32
You can only delete it from the current playlist, not delete the track from your library. SC is purposely designed not to allow such destructive behavior.

However, if you delete a track from the current _playlist_ by pressing on the "+" button (while in "Now Playing") SC will copy the name of that track to the "Zapped Songs" (or something like that) playlist. Later you can refer to the Zapped Songs list to decide what you want to delete from your library. Or if you're a pack rat like me, not delete the file but just move it outside the folder structure you use for your library in SC.

Excellent. That's almost the next best thing. It's a nice way for me to keep track of all the rubbish I need to clear out of my collection - and what better way. Thanks dude, much appreciated :D .. They need a rep button on this site!

aubuti
2009-05-20, 11:47
They need a rep button on this site!
That's what the "scales of justice" icon is in the upper right corner of the post window (between the post # and the warning icon). I didn't know what that was for the longest time......

Club1820
2009-05-20, 13:39
However, if you delete a track from the current _playlist_ by pressing on the "+" button (while in "Now Playing") SC will copy the name of that track to the "Zapped Songs" (or something like that) playlist. Later you can refer to the Zapped Songs list to decide what you want to delete from your library.

That doesnt seem to work for me. Although I do recall it working at one point. Now I hit the + key from within Now Playing and it just removes the song from the current playlist. It is not added to my Zapped Playlist.

AND I have two Zapped Playlists listed under playlists. ???? Neither one of them have any tracks listed.

Any ideas anyone?

aubuti
2009-05-20, 14:48
Do you have the requisite write permissions in the playlists folder? If you're not sure, you can test it by trying to save a regular playlist, and see if it gets saved to disk (and survives a restarting of SC). The user that SC is running under has to have write permissions in the playlist directory. In Linux the username is usually "squeezecenter" -- I don't know what it is for other OSs.

Club1820
2009-05-20, 23:15
Do you have the requisite write permissions in the playlists folder? If you're not sure, you can test it by trying to save a regular playlist, and see if it gets saved to disk (and survives a restarting of SC). The user that SC is running under has to have write permissions in the playlist directory. In Linux the username is usually "squeezecenter" -- I don't know what it is for other OSs.

thanks for the response. are you referring to Admin Rights? Yes, I am the administrator on my Vista PC.

I created a dummy playlist - both from the WEB GUI and from a SB3. Then restarted SQCTR. Both playlist were saved and available once SQCTR restarted.

aubuti
2009-05-21, 04:41
thanks for the response. are you referring to Admin Rights? Yes, I am the administrator on my Vista PC.

I created a dummy playlist - both from the WEB GUI and from a SB3. Then restarted SQCTR. Both playlist were saved and available once SQCTR restarted.
It's not so much what rights you have, but what rights the SC process has. I've never been clear on what the rights are when running SC as a service under Windows, but if you can create and save playlists from within SC, then everything should be okay as far as read/write permissions go. Beyond that, I don't know what to suggest. I used the Zapped playlist a little several years ago (mostly by accident!) but haven't paid any attention to it since.