PDA

View Full Version : Napster, Rhapsody & other paid services

golddustpeak
2009-05-20, 07:06
This week Iíve been using my free 30 days to audition Napster and have finally discovered that the service is not very consistent compared to other streaming services or my server. I like the concept of their current offering and would probably subscribe if only it would work for me.

I have found that often only the first track of an album will play. On some occasions I could select an album but the service would not play any of the tracks. I have also experienced MANY rebuffering occurrences in the early evening and not had problems with other sources.

I have searched and read of similar problems with Rhapsody as well.

So my question is are these unusual problems or do others have these problems as well.
Is there a similar service that consistently works.

pippin
2009-05-20, 07:12
This week Iíve been using my free 30 days to audition Napster and have finally discovered that the service is not very consistent compared to other streaming services or my server. I like the concept of their current offering and would probably subscribe if only it would work for me.

I have found that often only the first track of an album will play. On some occasions I could select an album but the service would not play any of the tracks. I have also experienced MANY rebuffering occurrences in the early evening and not had problems with other sources.

I have searched and read of similar problems with Rhapsody as well.

So my question is are these unusual problems or do others have these problems as well.
Is there a similar service that consistently works.
Are you using SC 7.3.2? Try updating to 7.3.3. Works better for me.

golddustpeak
2009-05-20, 07:51
I've not seen a lot of difference between SC and SN as to the problems described.
I did just check and see that I have 7.3.2 installed so I'll give 7.3.3 a shot.
tnx

pippin
2009-05-20, 08:20
I've not seen a lot of difference between SC and SN as to the problems described.
I did just check and see that I have 7.3.2 installed so I'll give 7.3.3 a shot.
tnx

If SN is better than SC: I believe SN is already on 7.3.3 level WRT these things.

I believe it got fixed on SN first.